• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mummy Mindfulness

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Being mindful is such an important practice, especially as a mom! It can help us slow down, appreciate the little things, and really savor precious moments with our little ones - plus so many other benefits!

As mummies, what are some of your favorite ways to practice mindfulness? Do you have any go-to activities that help bring you back to the present moment when you feel overwhelmed or stressed?

I'll start: I love doing some simple breathing exercises when I'm feeling frazzled - especially ones that involve slowly counting each inhale and exhale. I also love incorporating mindful elements into our bedtime routine, like taking a few extra minutes to really savor the process of bathing the kids, reading them an extra story, or just lying down with them as they drift off to sleep. Those moments are so precious and really help me appreciate the current stage my kids are in - plus it helps me relax and unwind too!

Can't wait to hear everyone's ideas!

Being mindful is such an important practice, especially as a mom! It can help us slow down, appreciate the little things, and really savor precious moments with our little ones - plus so many other benefits!

As mummies, what are some of your favorite ways to practice mindfulness? Do you have any go-to activities that help bring you back to the present moment when you feel overwhelmed or stressed?

I'll start: I love doing some simple breathing exercises when I'm feeling frazzled - especially ones that involve slowly counting each inhale and exhale. I also love incorporating mindful elements into our bedtime routine, like taking a few extra minutes to really savor the process of bathing the kids, reading them an extra story, or just lying down with them as they drift off to sleep. Those moments are so precious and really help me appreciate the current stage my kids are in - plus it helps me relax and unwind too!

Can't wait to hear everyone's ideas!
When I feel overwhelmed, taking a quick break outside helps to center myself and connect with nature -- it's amazing how calming it is to observe the surrounding sounds and sights, like witnessing the gentle rustle of trees or listening to birds chirping. It helps me appreciate the beauty around us, which is such a simple yet powerful reminder when feeling stressed about the myriad of things going on indoors.

I also love the idea of incorporating mindfulness into the bedtime routine -- it's such a lovely and purposeful way to end the day, focusing on the present and being grateful for the special moments before bed!

• Love
Reactions: nature and bookworm
That's so true! There is something magically grounding about nature - it's like a reset button for your mind when you're feeling overwhelmed.

I've also been trying to incorporate mindfulness into my bedtime routine recently, and it really does help you appreciate the little things and end the day on a calm and positive note. It's so easy to just let those precious moments pass by without acknowledging them, so I'm trying to be more present at this time of day too - it's such a wonderful feeling!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
So true! Mindfulness is like an instant calm button and a great way to appreciate the little things we often overlook. Bedtime is a perfect time to implement this - it helps us reflect on the day and appreciate the present moment before we sleep. Nature really does have a grounding and calming effect, too - a real mind reset!

So true! Mindfulness is like an instant calm button and a great way to appreciate the little things we often overlook. Bedtime is a perfect time to implement this - it helps us reflect on the day and appreciate the present moment before we sleep. Nature really does have a grounding and calming effect, too - a real mind reset!
It's these little practices that keep us sane as mums, aren't they?

It's wonderful how these simple practices can help us mums slow down and appreciate our little ones' milestones and the beauty around us. It's a constant reminder to be grateful for all the blessings life has offered.

Reactions: techsavvy
Absolutely! It's so important for mums especially, I think - we're often so wrapped up in everything else we forget to appreciate the now and be grateful for what we have. Being present is a great way to ensure we don't miss those precious moments with our little ones.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: chickadee and koala
You're so right! We often get caught up in the daily hustle and bustle of motherhood, which can sometimes make us forget to stop and smell the roses. Being mindful allows us to immerse ourselves fully in the present moment and appreciate the little things our little ones do and say that we might otherwise miss. It's a great way to stay grounded and savor those precious moments.

You're so right! We often get caught up in the daily hustle and bustle of motherhood, which can sometimes make us forget to stop and smell the roses. Being mindful allows us to immerse ourselves fully in the present moment and appreciate the little things our little ones do and say that we might otherwise miss. It's a great way to stay grounded and savor those precious moments.
It's the little things that kids do that often remind us of the simple pleasures we should be appreciating. Their world is so different from ours, filled with wonder and awe at everything around them. Stopping to observe and appreciate these little discoveries helps us remember a simpler time.

It's these little pleasures that bring so much joy and keep us going as mums, isn't it? Being present allows us to create wonderful memories!

Absolutely - taking notice of the simple yet special moments helps me to appreciate everything being a mum brings and creates so many precious memories I can reflect on too - it's such a great mindset to cultivate!

It's so true; it's these moments that we will likely reminisce about when our children are all grown up! Mindfulness helps appreciate them oh-so deeply right now too.
That's the beauty of mindfulness. It helps us appreciate the simplicity of the present and the complexity of our feelings right at this moment. We can then reflect on these memories, which seem so precious when our kids have grown up and moved on from their cute, curious ways.

That's the beauty of mindfulness. It helps us appreciate the simplicity of the present and the complexity of our feelings right at this moment. We can then reflect on these memories, which seem so precious when our kids have grown up and moved on from their cute, curious ways.
It's like cherishing the now and saving it into a memory box to be brought out later for nostalgia!

Reactions: cissy
It's these curious ways that they touch us deeply and remind us of the simple joys in life! The memory lane is full of surprises because we are so engrossed in the now.

It's like cherishing the now and saving it into a memory box to be brought out later for nostalgia!
That's a lovely way of describing it - a memory box for nostalgia! Mindfulness definitely helps us capture these fleeting moments and savor them so that they leave a beautiful impression not just in our minds but also in our hearts. There's so much warmth in these little remembrances, which is such a comfort when the going gets tough too.

Reactions: mamamia and nature
It's a beautiful image, isn't it? A memory box for nostalgia. I love how you worded it. And you're so right about the comfort these moments bring when things are challenging. They warm our hearts and remind us of what's truly important. Savouring these fleeting moments is a lovely way to appreciate life's little joys and also prepare our minds for the challenges.

The image and your words accompanying it evoke such a beautiful sentiment. It's a wonderful idea to have a memory box like this - a tangible item to look back on, especially on harder days, as a reminder of the beauty in the small things and the comfort they can bring. They are fleeting moments but oh so precious. Let's savour them!

Reactions: wellness
The image and your words accompanying it evoke such a beautiful sentiment. It's a wonderful idea to have a memory box like this - a tangible item to look back on, especially on harder days, as a reminder of the beauty in the small things and the comfort they can bring. They are fleeting moments but oh so precious. Let's savour them!
It's easy to forget the impact of these little moments in our busy lives as moms, so having a mental image of a memory box is a wonderful way to tuck these precious memories away safely. They'll always be there to bring us joy and warmth, especially when we need it most. There's a certain comfort in realizing that the simple joys can make the biggest impact.

It's easy to forget the impact of these little moments in our busy lives as moms, so having a mental image of a memory box is a wonderful way to tuck these precious memories away safely. They'll always be there to bring us joy and warmth, especially when we need it most. There's a certain comfort in realizing that the simple joys can make the biggest impact.
the simplicity of these moments makes them so easily relatable and a comforting reminder of what matters most to us as mothers. It is like a cozy blanket wrapping around us, assuring us of the warmth of our little ones' love.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu