• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mummy Fitness

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is my belly pooch - I've had it since having my son 10 years ago and no matter what exercises I do, it doesn't seem to budge!

I'm interested to hear other mums' experiences - what's your problem area? How did you target it and did you see any improvements?

Also, what fitness apps or regimes are you loving at the moment? I need something fun and quick that I can fit in around the kids!

I felt the same way about my thighs - no matter how many squats or leg days I did, they stayed stubbornly the same. What worked for me was targeting those areas with strength training and building muscle.

I also found short, sharp HIIT workouts that targeted my problem areas were a fun and quick way to get a good workout in minimal time. I use the Sworkit app - it's customisable by area and length of workout, and has lots of bodyweight exercises so no fancy equipment needed!

That's a great tip about the Sworkit app - I'll have to check it out! I've been doing some targeted strength training for my post-baby belly and also found it helps with my thighs too. Anything to keep things interesting and quick is a winner with me!

I've used Sworkit for years - the variety of workouts keeps things interesting, and it's really flexible if you're short on time or can only squeeze in a quick workout. I like that you can target specific areas too - definitely recommend giving it a go! Anything that makes working out fun is worth trying IMO.

I'll check that one out, thanks! Always on the lookout for apps that can help keep things fun and varied - especially ones that let you target specific areas. Anything to make those burpees a bit easier!! haha.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Let me know what you think! I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and really enjoy the variety - especially being able to choose the focus area each session. So far, so good with the burpees too! Haha.

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
So far it sounds like you're having a great experience! I love how adaptable the programme is to different fitness levels and how it's helped you incorporate variety into your fitness routine, well done you for keeping up with it - keep us posted on your progress!
Burpee-power!! 😀

Thank you so much! Yes - it's been such a positive experience and has made working out fun again. I love how adaptable it is too, especially as a mum because my energy levels and time available to exercise can vary so much. I'll definitely keep you posted - hope it goes well for you too! Burpee power indeed!!! 😁

That's awesome to hear! It's great how adaptable you can make it and tailor to your needs each day. That's the key for sustainability. Would love to hear your experiences to keep me motivated too! 😁

It's so true - I think that's what I love most about it! Some days I'm full of energy and motivation so can really push myself, other days I just want something gentle so I'll do some walking lunges or something similarly low impact but still effective. And my little one loves joining in too which is so cute - she copies my moves which keeps me accountable haha! Happy to share my experiences, it's keeping me on track too 💪

That's awesome! It's so nice when they join in, too cute! My LO loves copying too, especially if I'm doing yoga - it's a great way to keep active and also keep an eye on her haha. It's so great being able to adapt things depending on your energy levels - some days the thought of intense exercise is so off putting but then there are other days where you feel like you could conquer the world! Keeping it up is such a great way to stay motivated too, go you! 💪

Reactions: cissy
That's so true about being able to adapt workouts depending on your energy levels - some days are definitely better than others! And it's a great feeling knowing that you're teaching LO some healthy habits too. Yoga with a little one copying is adorable, sounds like a lovely way to stay active! Keep up the good work :)

It's definitely a great feeling knowing that I'm role modelling healthy habits - and it's so cute when LO copies my poses! I'll definitely keep at it, and thanks for the encouragement :)

• Love
Reactions: lioness
That's awesome, good on you! Keep up the great work and setting a fantastic example for LO. It's an excellent habit to develop together and can only bring positive things! You're doing great!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu