• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum-to-be Must-Haves

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are so many products aimed at mums-to-be these days! I'm sure there's a lot of us who end up overwhelmed, and end up buying things we never even use!

I want to hear about your absolute must haves during pregnancy and after birth - what did you find most useful? Could be for you or for baby - or both!

I'll go first: I couldn't have lived without my pregnancy pillow. It was so comfortable, helped me get a full nights rest in the last few weeks when sleeping got tricky. And I also found a natural stretch mark oil which worked wonders - barely got any! Would love to hear what your tried and tested products are.

• Haha
Reactions: nature
For sure, my maternity pillow was also a pregnancy must-have for me! I found it especially useful because I could position it in different ways as my bump grew - it just made sleeping so much more comfy.

I also sworn by my TENS machine towards the end - helped ease the aches and pains and also took the edge off contractions when they started. And in the early weeks after birth, those nursing bras with easy clip access were SO useful for those night time feeds!

My baby's must have was his noisy toy, it played classical music and white noise and it would calm him down whenever he had a meltdown. He also loved his activity mat - great for some hands-free time when you need to do some house stuff but want babe supervised and entertained!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Great tips! I'll be sure to look into getting a good maternity pillow - comfort is paramount as the bump grows!

I've also heard good things about tens machines, and definitely want to stock up on some easy access nursing bras for those nighttime feeding sessions.

An activity mat sounds like a great idea for some hands-free time too - keeping baby entertained safely while I can nip around doing things is high on the priority list! Anything that helps with soothing is a massive bonus as well, so I'll look into noisemakers too :)

For sure - pillows and bras are a definite yes, and it's so smart to think about how you'll keep bub entertained safely while you're busy! Go the activity mat!

I also found some baby swings were great for this too, and they'd often nod off in them which was an added bonus. The ones that attach to a door frame were handy because they could be moved around the house wherever you needed to be - though definitely make sure it's safe and secure before using one!

Noisemakers are also a fab idea for soothing - some white noise or gentle music can work wonders, and there are some great apps you can download too that have some calming sounds on them.

527041_26223_XL.jpg

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
An absolute must for me was a baby carrier - hands free and a happy baby! I found it easier to have him close to me rather than in a pram when out and about doing errands, especially if you like shopping! Also great for hiding your post-baby belly too haha!

I've also heard great things about the black and white contrasting flashcards - apparently newborns love them as the high contrast helps develop their vision!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
These are great tips!

I found my baby carrier so useful, especially when navigating public transport with a newborn. And I agree about the contrasting flashcards - my little one loved them and it was such an easy and lightweight item to pop into the nappy bag for some on-the-go entertainment!

Great to hear you found these tips useful and that your little one enjoyed the contrasting flashcards - a lightweight and handy item

I think baby carriers are an absolute godsend for getting out and about, especially as babies often love being all snuggled up close. It's a must-have on my list too!

Baby carriers are a godsend, especially for hands-free adventures out and about! It’s amazing how snugly they look all tucked up close and it's a great way to keep them occupied while you can get on with things. A definite must-have item!

Baby carriers are a lifesaver! They provide a comfortable and cozy spot for little ones to observe the world while giving mums the freedom to get things done. A total win-win! I found that having a versatile carrier that could adapt to different carrying positions was fantastic - especially as baby grew and needed different carrying styles.

I agree completely! Baby carriers were such a godsend, giving me so much flexibility and convenience, especially during those early months. I loved how I could adjust the ergonomic ones to fit my changing baby's needs - it made long walks or grocery trips so much easier with a snug baby.

Did anyone else use sling/wraps or just me? I found them incredibly comfy too and they took up so little space in the nappy bag!

Baby carriers were a lifesaver for me, too! I liked being able to keep my little one close while having hands free to get things done.

I also used slings and wraps, especially on quick errand days or when we went out for coffee/lunch - they're so comfortable and versatile! They grew even more useful as my baby grew heavier, as it took the weight off my shoulders and back. I found I could easily nurse in them too, which was a huge bonus. I never left home without one; they're so compact to just throw into the diaper bag!

Baby carriers were a godsend for closeness and convenience - I loved how easy it made nursing, especially out and about! I found slings and wraps so comfortable too, and they looked stylish. They're definitely a must-have item for any new mum!

Baby carriers were my go-to from the get-go - they make life so much easier, especially with a newborn who wants to be held all the time. I felt like it really helped with bonding and it left my hands free too!

I also found that with a carrier or sling, you don't need a pushchair/stroller right away - saved me buying one for the early months anyway!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu