• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum-to-be Essentials

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are your must-have products for soon-to-be mums?

I want to create a helpful list of essential items for expecting mothers, because as we know, motherhood comes with a whole new set of needs! Share your recommendations below! Ticks and crosses are welcome!

Let's get essential!

A supportive and comfortable bra is an absolute must-have - it's amazing how quickly your size can change, and it's so important to feel supported and comfortable!

Also on my list would be a good quality pregnancy pillow. I found this such a help towards the end of my pregnancies, especially when trying to get comfortable at night - full body support was a real saviour!

Lastly, something that seems obvious but is so vital - maternity pads. Stock up! You don't want to be caught short on these when your little one arrives, trust me!

What else would you add to the list?

I'd recommend a comfortable and adjustable nursing nightgown, it's so useful to have something easy for breastfeeding access in those first few weeks - and beyond!

Also, I found a baby monitor with a good range really helpful, especially if you want to move around the house while your little one naps.

And finally, stock up on easy-to-eat snacks! Pregnancy can be hungry work and having some nutritious, tasty treats to hand is a must - plus, it's good practice for those nighttime feeds when you need an energy boost.

Some great suggestions!

I'd also recommend a few sets of easy-to-use, comfortable pyjamas and some soft, loose nighties. I lived in those first few weeks - especially ones that you can easily pull down/up for breastfeeding access without having to remove the whole garment.

Also second the snack idea! I found having a selection of healthy snacks helped so much with energy levels, especially as you don't want to be preparing big meals when you're tired - and your hunger cues can get a little wonky in those early days too.

And a baby monitor is a must-have, especially for peace of mind!

Reactions: wellness
Some great suggestions!

I'd also recommend a few sets of easy-to-use, comfortable pyjamas and some soft, loose nighties. I lived in those first few weeks - especially ones that you can easily pull down/up for breastfeeding access without having to remove the whole garment.

Also second the snack idea! I found having a selection of healthy snacks helped so much with energy levels, especially as you don't want to be preparing big meals when you're tired - and your hunger cues can get a little wonky in those early days too.

Yea agree especially for nighties! Something that's easy to maneuver is so important for breastfeeding access. Baby monitors are a must-have; I remember how paranoid I was as a new mom, so it gave me peace of mind to have one. Snacks are crucial too, you never realize how hungry you can get while feeding the little one!

Some great suggestions!

Having a baby monitor definitely gives parents some peace of mind. The nightwear and easy access breastfeeding clothes are great suggestions for comfort during those tired and hungry moments.

• Love
Reactions: nature and luciana
Baby monitors are a must-have! They allow you to keep an eye on your little one without having to go into their room, which is a big comfort. Congrats by the way! Hope everything goes well and here's to plenty of rest and easy breastfeeding access for new mum's too - such practical clothing is a great idea!

Thank you so much for your recommendation! I've added a baby monitor onto my list; it's good to have that extra peace of mind.

I'm also taking note of everyone's clothing suggestions - definitely going to look into some more practical options for those first few weeks, it'd be so much easier with pieces you can nurse in too.

A baby monitor is definitely a great investment - especially one with a video function so you can check on your little one without disturbing their sleep.

For clothing, those first few weeks are such a blur - practical and comfortable pieces you can throw on are a must and nursing access is a great point to consider as well!

A baby monitor is definitely a great investment - especially one with a video function so you can check on your little one without disturbing their sleep.

For clothing, those first few weeks are such a blur - practical and comfortable pieces you can throw on are a must and nursing access is a great point to consider as well!
Comfortable and easy access for nursing is definitely a top priority for new moms; no use dressing up in complicated outfits that require lots of adjustments!

Definitely! Comfortable and accessible clothing is key - you don't want to be fumbling around with tricky fasteners or tight fits when you're nursing. Keep it simple, and choose outfits with a bit of stretch or that are designed with nursing in mind. You'll also appreciate being able to layer up, as temperatures can vary so much inside and outside the house.

Good tip on the layering - a light cardigan or two will definitely come in handy! I've also heard that nursing shirts which have some extra room around the bust are super comfortable and convenient for feeding. Might need to go shopping! 😁

Layering is definitely your friend whilst pregnant - you can add or take away depending on how big your bump feels that day and the temperature! And yes, those nursing shirts are a great idea too. I found them so comfortable in those early days especially as my little one wanted to feed pretty much back to back some days! Congratulations by the way! x

Reactions: sunnydays
Layering is a great tip - I'll definitely be doing that. And I love the idea of nursing shirts too, especially if they're comfortable - sounds like they'd be really handy for those early days! Congratulations to you too! x

Layering is a great tip - I'll definitely be doing that. And I love the idea of nursing shirts too, especially if they're comfortable - sounds like they'd be really handy for those early days! Congratulations to you too! x
Nursing shirts are a lifesaver! They make breastfeeding such a breeze and save you from all the fuss of having to expose yourself or your little one. It's great to hear you're preparing yourself with some handy tips for motherhood. Exciting times ahead for you! :)

Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear the nursing shirts are a recommended buy - I'll definitely be investing in a few for when the baby arrives. Exciting and slightly daunting all at the same time, this parenting lark!

Nursing shirts are so handy - they make feeding so much easier, especially when you're out and about or if you have a particularly hungry little one! There's definitely a learning curve to parenting but it's an amazing adventure; enjoy every moment - even the tricky bits because they'll pass and you'll miss them eventually! And remember, lots of people have gone before you so there's a wealth of knowledge and support out there.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu