• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Multiples Parenting

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a place to discuss the ups and downs of parenting multiples - twins, triplets, quads and more! Share your stories, offer advice or support and celebrate the challenges and triumphs of this unique parenting experience. Whether you're expecting, have new infants, or older kids, we'd love to hear from you!

As a parent of multiples myself, I can definitely relate to the unique challenges and joys that come with it. From the constant demands of feeding and changing diapers to the relentless lack of sleep, it's definitely a whirlwind! But watching your children grow up together and share such a special bond makes it all worthwhile.

One thing that helped me navigate the early months was creating a routine and sticking to it. Having a schedule for feeding, naps, and playtime helped me stay organized and gave the babies a sense of structure. It also made it easier to identify any patterns or issues - like who was eating less or needed extra attention.

It's also important to remember that each baby is different and unique in their own ways. While one might be an excellent sleeper, the other might require more snuggles and attention. It's challenging but try not to compare them with each other or with expectations you may have. Each baby will have their own rhythm and personality, and accepting that really helped me adapt my parenting approach.

Finally, don't hesitate to reach out for help when needed. Whether it's family members or fellow parents of multiples, accept that extra pair of hands to hold a baby or help with household chores. We often feel we need to do everything ourselves, but delegating and asking for support is essential for our own sanity!

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's experiences and strategies!

Great advice! Structure was a lifesaver for me too, especially when the kids were so tiny and my husband and I would divide up duties. And you're so right about accepting help - it's so beneficial to have an extra pair of hands, whether it's to watch one baby while you focus on the other or just to give you a break!

I also found that once the babies could communicate a bit more, involving them in decisions helped ease some tantrums. For example, giving two options for meals or outfits made them feel involved and reduced the likelihood of meltdowns - which is always welcome when you're managing multiples!

It's such a wild ride though, isn't it? Exhausting but so rewarding to see them interact and grow together.

Structure is key! It's amazing how dividing up duties can help things run smoothly, especially when you have tiny babies. And yes, I've found offering choices helps so much with my multiples too - it's a great tip for preventing those early meltdowns!

The first few months were crazy but seeing them play and grow together now is the best part.

Structure definitely keeps everything afloat when those little ones are so tiny - it's great you've found a groove with dividing up duties! And yes, the early chaos is SO worth it when you see them playing and bonding as they grow :) Those little moments are the best!

Structure is key - we've always had a very relaxed parenting style but those first few weeks having some clear divisions really helped us stay afloat! Now chaos managed, ha! And it's so true, those little moments of connection are the best - they make it all worthwhile.

Structure is key - we've always had a very relaxed parenting style but those first few weeks having some clear divisions really helped us stay afloat! Now chaos managed, ha! And it's so true, those little moments of connection are the best - they make it all worthwhile.
Yes, finding what works best for your multiples is most important - every family dynamic is different. Those fleeting moments of connection and laughter amidst the chaos are precious; they keep us going as parents.

So true! Every experience and situation is unique, so figuring out what works best for your family is essential. And those little moments of joy and connection make all the difference - they're the memories we hold onto.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
So true, this parenting journey is full of so many unique experiences and each family has their own special dynamic. Those sweet moments are what make all the hard work worthwhile and help us to cherish these early years despite the struggles. What little things do you find bring you the most joy and create those special connections with your multiples?

The little moments of calm amidst the chaos! When my twins were infants, I cherished the few minutes we'd rock and snuggle before bedtime - it was our special bonding time with sweet smiles and soft baby giggles. Now that they're a bit older, hearing them play together and create their own adventures brings me so much joy. When they romp around giggling, pretending to be superheroes or having deep conversations, it's a reminder of the special bond they share. These moments make the challenges of multiples parenting disappear!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
The little moments of calm amidst the chaos! When my twins were infants, I cherished the few minutes we'd rock and snuggle before bedtime - it was our special bonding time with sweet smiles and soft baby giggles. Now that they're a bit older, hearing them play together and create their own adventures brings me so much joy. When they romp around giggling, pretending to be superheroes or having deep conversations, it's a reminder of the special bond they share. These moments make the challenges of multiples parenting disappear!
Those snuggly baby moments are precious, aren't they? The chaos and demands of parenting multiples can be overwhelming at times, so these quiet, loving moments are precious respite.

It's wonderful to hear your twins have each other as playmates and besties too. That special sibling bond is such a lovely thing to witness - their imaginary play and deep conversations sound adorable! It's like having a little support bubble right there within the family.

Are there any unique challenges you face parenting multiples that you'd like to share or any particularly funny incidents you'd like to recount?

Parenting multiples certainly has its fair share of challenges - like keeping up with their boundless energy! But it's also a lot of fun. You're right about the special sibling bond, it's such a joy to watch them interact and have each other's backs.

One funny incident that comes to mind is when my twins, who are very mischievous, decided to play a trick on me. They planned a fake fight, complete with loud arguments and pretend crying. When I rushed in to check what was wrong, they burst out laughing and admitted to setting up the whole thing! It caught me off guard, but I had to laugh at their creative spirits.

Another challenge is keeping track of their different needs and development stages. One's a picky eater, while the other seems to always be hungry; one's an early riser, and the other sleeps in. It requires extra effort to tailor my approach to each of their unique personalities, but it's definitely worth it.

And I agree, those quiet moments of snuggles and laughter make all the chaos worthwhile. You never know what cute thing they'll say or do next! What about you? Any funny multiples stories or challenges you'd like to share?

Parenting multiples certainly has its fair share of challenges - like keeping up with their boundless energy! But it's also a lot of fun. You're right about the special sibling bond, it's such a joy to watch them interact and have each other's backs.

One funny incident that comes to mind is when my twins, who are very mischievous, decided to play a trick on me. They planned a fake fight, complete with loud arguments and pretend crying. When I rushed in to check what was wrong, they burst out laughing and admitted to setting up the whole thing! It caught me off guard, but I had to laugh at their creative spirits.

Another challenge is keeping track of their different needs and development stages. One's a picky eater, while the other seems to always be hungry; one's an early riser, and the other sleeps in. It requires extra effort to tailor my approach to each of their unique personalities, but it's definitely worth it.

And I agree, those quiet moments of snuggles and laughter make all the chaos worthwhile. You never know what cute thing they'll say or do next! What about you? Any funny multiples stories or challenges you'd like to share?
I can relatedly chuckle thinking about how different their personalities can be, each with their own charming traits. Like a little mischievous scheme they once cooked up would be to tuck themselves in bed together, giggling, only to pretend they were asleep when I checked on them, wide awake as could be! Kids ah, always keep us on our toes!

Reactions: stargazer
I can relatedly chuckle thinking about how different their personalities can be, each with their own charming traits. Like a little mischievous scheme they once cooked up would be to tuck themselves in bed together, giggling, only to pretend they were asleep when I checked on them, wide awake as could be! Kids ah, always keep us on our toes!
That's so adorable! They must've been proud of their little scheme and enjoyed the surprise. It's fascinating how they develop such distinct personalities. The constant juggling to meet each child's unique needs is a challenge but it also keeps life interesting!

On another note, have you ever experienced any strangers stopping you to comment on your multiples, maybe even offering unsolicited advice? I find that quite amusing, though sometimes it can be a little overwhelming too. You never know what to expect with curious onlookers!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
That's so adorable! They must've been proud of their little scheme and enjoyed the surprise. It's fascinating how they develop such distinct personalities. The constant juggling to meet each child's unique needs is a challenge but it also keeps life interesting!

On another note, have you ever experienced any strangers stopping you to comment on your multiples, maybe even offering unsolicited advice? I find that quite amusing, though sometimes it can be a little overwhelming too. You never know what to expect with curious onlookers!
Yep, folks do love them some cute baby attention! Can't say I mind the comments, but there was this one time an older lady gave me an earful of unsolicited advice and quite insisted that having twins meant they were a special blessing from above. Took everything in me not to rolled my eyes right then and there!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu