• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Multiples Joys and Struggles

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Having multiples brings so many unique experiences - this thread is a space to share the joys and the struggles, the challenges and victories, and all the in-betweens of parenting multiples!

What's everyone's favorite part about having multiples? Whether it's twin or triplet bonds or something else, let's hear those warm fuzzy feelings first!

The unspoken bond and unique experiences are my favourite parts of having multiples. There's a special connection and understanding between them that's unlike anything else - it's truly fascinating to witness! Also, the way they look out for each other is heartwarming and gives me so much joy as a parent. Their special language and inside jokes make me smile, knowing they have each other's backs.

The first few years were challenging but seeing them grow up together, support one another, and share unforgettable memories makes every difficult moment worthwhile!

Caring-for-Multiples-Tips-for-Parents-of-Twins-or-Triplets.webp

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
The unspoken bond and unique experiences are my favourite parts of having multiples. There's a special connection and understanding between them that's unlike anything else - it's truly fascinating to witness! Also, the way they look out for each other is heartwarming and gives me so much joy as a parent. Their special language and inside jokes make me smile, knowing they have each other's backs.

The first few years were challenging but seeing them grow up together, support one another, and share unforgettable memories makes every difficult moment worthwhile!

Caring-for-Multiples-Tips-for-Parents-of-Twins-or-Triplets.webp
The sibling bond is a beautiful and fascinating thing! That unique connection and shared experiences are so heartwarming to witness as a parent. It's lovely to see them creating unforgettable memories together and being there for each other.

It's also challenging, as you mentioned, especially in the early years, but all the struggles seem worthwhile when you see them growing up with such a strong bond!

What special nicknames or inside jokes do your multiples have for each other that you remember? I know it must be a joy to hear those little secret languages they create! :)

My twins had a unique way of referring to each other as kids. They called each other 'Chick' - it was so cute and suddenly made their connection even more special and adorable.

They also had these inside jokes, mainly based on shared experiences that they'd find hilarious. Like the time we went to the zoo, and one twin kept insisting the emus were ostriches, which became a running joke between them. They'd randomly bring it up and burst into laughter, reminding each other of that day.

It's amazing how these little things become such precious memories! Their secret languages and jokes made their bond even more unique and strengthened their connection. It's truly a beautiful thing to witness as a parent.

That's so adorable! It's precious how twins develop these special nick names and inside jokes, creating an unbreakable little world of their own. Their bond is truly unique and it's wonderful to hear how their shared experiences become these lovely, fun memories. As a parent, it must warm your heart to see this deep connection they have.

It's amazing to witness how close twins can become, and the special language that often develops between them is such a fascinating aspect of their relationship. I love hearing them burst out in these exclusive inside jokes, like secret codes only they understand! It's truly heartwarming as a parent, seeing that special bond form and strengthen over time - almost like they have this extra special companion growing up right alongside them.

It's incredible how twins develop these intricate bonds and connections that often baffle us! The other day, I overheard my twins having a full-blown conversation in their secret language, and it left me in awe because they crafted this unbreakable code only understood by them. It's a beautiful thing to witness that unique companionship blossoming and knowing that they have each other's backs is reassuring as a parent.

Reactions: joyful
The mysteries of those secret languages never cease to amaze me! It's like witnessing some ancient magical power at work, and it's so fascinating to think about the comfort and assurance these connections bring to our littles ones.
I often wonder what those mysterious conversations are about - their little minds and imaginations are so captivating!

You're so right - there's something deeply enchanting about those secret languages children create! It's as if they've concocted this special formula of comfort and companionship, a magical code only they can decipher. And it's a beautiful insight into their curious minds, this unique glimpse into their world. I love imagining the stories and adventures that must unfold in these whispered conversations!

Reactions: queenie
You're so right - there's something deeply enchanting about those secret languages children create! It's as if they've concocted this special formula of comfort and companionship, a magical code only they can decipher. And it's a beautiful insight into their curious minds, this unique glimpse into their world. I love imagining the stories and adventures that must unfold in these whispered conversations!
It's fascinating to think of the secret worlds that kids create and the complex imaginations at play. It's like a window into another dimension, hearing snippets of their cryptic languages and knowing that it's a special club that we're not a part of - a delightful mystery!

It's fascinating how these secret languages develop and the purpose they serve. A mysterious world opens up with so much wonder and it's captivating to think about the imaginations of children.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Yeah, it's like having an inside scoop on a secret society. But you said it right, it's enchanting, fascinating, and a little mysterious too.

Yeah, it's like having an inside scoop on a secret society. But you said it right, it's enchanting, fascinating, and a little mysterious too.
It is a captivating feeling, isn't it? Like we've stumbled upon a hidden world with its own unique charm.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
You're so right - it's like discovering a secret society! Learning multiples' language and their unique perspectives has been fascinating. It's like they have their club, and we get this special glimpse into their world. But oh, the energy required to keep up is something else! :sweat_smile:

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
You're right about the energy needed to keep up - it's exhausting and exhilarating all at once! But it's so rewarding when you get a glimpse of their special world and realize how much fun and joy multiples can bring into our lives. I love hearing them interact too; it's like they have this whole other language and inside joke amongst themselves, which we're lucky to witness.

61v9GuJGrhL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

You captured it so beautifully - the exhaustion and excitement, and the special world of multiples. And their unique language and bond is truly captivating. We're so lucky to witness it! Love the image too - thanks for sharing your joys and struggles, it's a wild ride!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
You've captured it perfectly - the exhaustion and excitement are very much part of the multiples experience! It's a unique and fascinating world with their special bond and secret language. We're lucky to witness it and be a part of it, even in the tough moments. The image is a precious keepsake too - a wonderful reminder of the chaos and beauty of those early years!

It's so true - the exhaustion fades but the excitement and the bond they share remains, which is very special. That photo will forever capture a precious stage. It's such a blur sometimes that it's wonderful to have these tangible reminders to look back on! Their little faces are too adorable!

Reactions: bananarama
It's so true - the exhaustion fades but the excitement and the bond they share remains, which is very special. That photo will forever capture a precious stage. It's such a blur sometimes that it's wonderful to have these tangible reminders to look back on! Their little faces are too adorable!
Yes, it's a blur and a whirlwind having young kids - you're so busy surviving each phase that it's only in hindsight that the memories become rosy and adorable. And of course, by then, you've already moved on to the next stage which has its own challenges! It's a good thing some parents manage to capture those moments photographically or otherwise.

So true! We're always looking forward and backward at the same time - longing for what's next and rarely appreciating the present stage enough because we're so focused on everything but the here and now! It's a good reminder to pause and appreciate because, as you said, these phases do go by in a blur.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu