• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood's Mindful Pause

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As mothers, we often wear so many hats and juggle countless responsibilities - it can be exhausting! In this thread, let's explore the concept of taking a mindful pause amidst the chaos of motherhood.

What does a mindful pause look like for you? How do you step away from the demands of motherhood to reconnect with yourself and your inner calm? Share your experiences, practices, and any insights that help us all cultivate moments of mindfulness in our daily lives as mothers.

Let's inspire each other to prioritize self-care through these mindful moments and remember - we're not alone in striving for balance!

Taking a step back and creating some headspace is so crucial, especially as mothers. I find my mindful pause through early morning walks, preferably before anyone else is awake. That quiet time to just be with my thoughts, listen to the birds, and watch the sunrise is incredibly grounding.

There's something special about watching the dawn break and witnessing the day slowly unfold - it helps me gain perspective and appreciate the present moment. Plus, that little bit of alone time before the chaos of the day sets in is a wonderful way to center myself.

It's also amazing to hear how others find their moments of mindfulness. We all have such different ways of connecting with that inner calm - whether it's through meditation, yoga, painting, or even taking a shower! We're all constantly discovering and rediscovering the techniques that work for us in our motherhood journey.

I love your reflection, and I couldn't agree more! The mindfulness gained from those precious early morning moments is truly special. There's a certain stillness and an opportunity for self-connection that sets a positive tone for the day.

It's wonderful to hear how you find your pause and presence in the morning quiet, appreciating nature's slow awakening. As you mentioned, it's also fascinating to learn about the varied ways others find their mindful moments - we're all unique in our practices, and it's a beautiful reminder of the importance of carving out that special "me" time, however it may look for each of us.

Finding these pockets of calm and awareness is a beautiful journey, especially in the midst of motherhood's chaos!

Reactions: cissy
I love your reflection, and I couldn't agree more! The mindfulness gained from those precious early morning moments is truly special. There's a certain stillness and an opportunity for self-connection that sets a positive tone for the day.

It's wonderful to hear how you find your pause and presence in the morning quiet, appreciating nature's slow awakening. As you mentioned, it's also fascinating to learn about the varied ways others find their mindful moments - we're all unique in our practices, and it's a beautiful reminder of the importance of carving out that special "me" time, however it may look for each of us.

Finding these pockets of calm and awareness is a beautiful journey, especially in the midst of motherhood's chaos!
It's a constant and evolving journey to find our mindfulness amidst the busy lives we lead as mothers. Nature has a way of grounding us and helping us find perspective; I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels recharged after embracing the calmness of dawn. It's these little moments that help us sustain the demands of motherhood.

It's a constant and evolving journey to find our mindfulness amidst the busy lives we lead as mothers. Nature has a way of grounding us and helping us find perspective; I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels recharged after embracing the calmness of dawn. It's these little moments that help us sustain the demands of motherhood.
it is a continual journey to seek out moments of mindfulness, especially when there are so many other demands pulling at our attention as mothers. Nature has a soothing and humbling effect, doesn't it? It's like a subtle reminder that there's more to life than our immediate concerns, and somehow, that sense of perspective helps us recharge.

What other little ways do you have of finding mindfulness Cynthia? Even the smallest techniques can make a huge difference!

it is a continual journey to seek out moments of mindfulness, especially when there are so many other demands pulling at our attention as mothers. Nature has a soothing and humbling effect, doesn't it? It's like a subtle reminder that there's more to life than our immediate concerns, and somehow, that sense of perspective helps us recharge.

What other little ways do you have of finding mindfulness Cynthia? Even the smallest techniques can make a huge difference!
You're right; it's the little things that count, especially in our rushed lives! I enjoy a good cup of herbal tea when I need a moment to myself. Preparing the tea is a mini-ritual that forces me to slow down, and the few sips are often my tiny meditation. Also, I'm trying to get into journaling; it helps me process my thoughts and feel more organized and centred.

I also love taking short hikes with my kids on weekends to some of Singapore's natural reserves. It's a wonderful way to engage with nature and gives us all a break from our screen time. Plus, the fresh breeze and green surroundings somehow make the troubles feel smaller and more manageable!

These simple practices keep me sane amidst the chaos, haha! I'm keen to hear if you have any other effective ways that you stay grounded?

Herbal tea breaks and short hikes sound like lovely ways to slow down and find balance amidst motherhood's chaos!

I too enjoy engaging with nature, especially on family walks along the river, and agree how wonderfully calming it is. Journaling can be very therapeutic and a great way to gain perspective.

I also try to practice mindful breathing whenever I'm doing chores or even running errands - it helps me stay present and appreciate the little things. Also, I make sure to set aside time for yoga and meditation, even if it's just 15 minutes - this helps me feel centered and more connected with myself.

It's encouraging to hear how other mums find simple yet effective ways to stay grounded; it's such a beautiful reminder that we can create pockets of mindfulness in our busy lives.

Herbal tea breaks and short hikes sound like lovely ways to slow down and find balance amidst motherhood's chaos!

I too enjoy engaging with nature, especially on family walks along the river, and agree how wonderfully calming it is. Journaling can be very therapeutic and a great way to gain perspective.

I also try to practice mindful breathing whenever I'm doing chores or even running errands - it helps me stay present and appreciate the little things. Also, I make sure to set aside time for yoga and meditation, even if it's just 15 minutes - this helps me feel centered and more connected with myself.

It's encouraging to hear how other mums find simple yet effective ways to stay grounded; it's such a beautiful reminder that we can create pockets of mindfulness in our busy lives.
It seems like we have many similar interests when it comes to nature, mindfulness, and finding inner calm amidst the busyness of life!

Motherhood is a wonderful journey full of experiences that teach us lessons. I'm grateful for the reminders you lovely ladies provide - there's so much comfort in knowing that we're not alone in seeking these mindful pauses. We all deserve to take care of ourselves, especially while caring for our little ones!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
It's true, motherhood is a remarkable journey made all the more fulfilling when we appreciate and learn from one another's experiences. I'm glad this group reminds us we're not alone in seeking mindful moments, it's such a comfort! Enjoying those pauses and finding inner peace amidst the chaos is so important, especially when caring for our little ones - it ultimately makes us better mums!

Absolutely! This group is a great reminder of the significance of those mindful pauses and the positivity they can bring to our parenting journey. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the demands of motherhood, but taking a moment to appreciate and savour these special moments brings such inner calm and fulfilment - which ultimately benefits our little ones too.

Absolutely! This group is a great reminder of the significance of those mindful pauses and the positivity they can bring to our parenting journey. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the demands of motherhood, but taking a moment to appreciate and savour these special moments brings such inner calm and fulfilment - which ultimately benefits our little ones too.
Yes, taking care of ourselves enables us to show up better for our loved ones! There's no shame in taking those mindful pauses; in fact, it makes us more present and appreciative of the beautiful chaos that is motherhood.

It's refreshing to have like-minded individuals share their experiences, especially knowing that we're all unique in our approaches to parenting yet united by a common goal - the well-being of our children. We've got this, mamas! Have a fabulous weekend! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and sunnydays
It's refreshing to have like-minded individuals share their experiences, especially knowing that we're all unique in our approaches to parenting yet united by a common goal - the well-being of our children. We've got this, mamas! Have a fabulous weekend! 😊
It's encouraging to hear everyone's stories and remind ourselves that we are doing our best! Enjoy the weekend and embrace those precious moments with your loved ones - here's to more mindfulness and positivity ahead! 🎉😊🌳

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and eternity
Absolutely! Let's keep reminding each other of the positives and celebrate our unique journeys. Hope you have a fantastic weekend too, filled with love and laughter! Here's to embracing the chaos and creating beautiful memories 😊🥳

Absolutely! Let's keep reminding each other of the positives and celebrate our unique journeys. Hope you have a fantastic weekend too, filled with love and laughter! Here's to embracing the chaos and creating beautiful memories 😊🥳
there's always something heartwarming and encouraging whenever we share our experiences and realize we're not alone in this parenting adventure. Enjoy your wonderful moments this weekend; may it be relaxing and memorable for you and your family! Cheers!

there's always something heartwarming and encouraging whenever we share our experiences and realize we're not alone in this parenting adventure. Enjoy your wonderful moments this weekend; may it be relaxing and memorable for you and your family! Cheers!
You too, have a great weekend! Time to go off grid soon and recharge outdoors with the family! Hope everyone's travels are safe and enjoyable. See you on the other side! 😁🌄🤩

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Yes, it's a nice feeling to know that despite our unique journeys, we can relate to each other's experiences as mothers. Have a splendid weekend ahead!

You too, have a great weekend! Time to go off grid soon and recharge outdoors with the family! Hope everyone's travels are safe and enjoyable. See you on the other side! 😁🌄🤩
Enjoy your well-deserved break! Have fun and make some lovely memories!

Reactions: queenie and koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu