• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Mindfulness can come in many forms and has a profound effect on our mental health. For this thread, we will focus on the aspect of motherhood and how it intersects with being mindful.

Share your experiences of how you navigate the challenges of motherhood with mindfulness practices, or any strategies you have found helpful for maintaining a sense of mental well-being.

As a mom, mindfulness has been essential for my sanity!

One strategy that helps me stay grounded is taking a few minutes each day to practice deep breathing exercises. When things get chaotic, I step away, close my eyes, and focus on my breath. This mini meditation helps me regain composure and perspective.

Also, involving my kids in the kitchen has been a fun way to bring us together. Cooking mindfulness style is slower and more intentional, focusing on each step and ingredient - a great practice for patience and presence! We also grow herbs together, which the kids love as it's their own little garden project.

Another recent discovery is yoga nidra, a profound relaxation technique. The guided meditation helps to calm the mind and body, which is such a beautiful practice to de-stress. I find these techniques especially helpful as my children grow older; the tween/teen years can be emotionally charged, so having these tools at hand is a godsend!

What about you? What mindful practices do you use to navigate motherhood's challenges? Any strategies for maintaining sanity and connection amidst the chaos?

You're doing an amazing job! It's wonderful how you've found these mindfulness strategies that work so well for you and also involve your children.

I'm a big fan of deep breathing exercises too; they're so simple but can make a huge difference in bringing us back to the present moment, calming our nerves, and resetting our mindset.

I also love the idea of involving kids in cooking, especially at a slow pace where they can appreciate each step. Herbs are a fantastic idea - giving them their own little patch of responsibility and wonder is so sweet, and I'm sure it encourages a sense of care and patience too.

Yoga nidra is new to me, but it sounds incredible and something I should look into! Especially as a mom, it's so important to find these moments of relaxation and calm amidst the chaos. It's wonderful that you've found such a profound technique.

For me, along with deep breathing, journaling has been a saviour. Taking time out at night, once the kids are asleep, to reflect on the day - the good and the challenging - helps me process everything and sleep without letting worries fester. Also, taking those few moments to just sit and observe my surroundings, taking in the beauty of nature - it's amazing how grounding that simple act can be.

I completely agree about having these mindfulness tools at hand as our children grow older; as their personalities develop and emotions run high, it can be quite intense! Having strategies to centre ourselves is such a gift to our own sanity and also in modelling healthy practices for our kids to learn and emulate.

Sounds like you're killing it, mom!

You're doing an amazing job! It's wonderful how you've found these mindfulness strategies that work so well for you and also involve your children.

I'm a big fan of deep breathing exercises too; they're so simple but can make a huge difference in bringing us back to the present moment, calming our nerves, and resetting our mindset.

I also love the idea of involving kids in cooking, especially at a slow pace where they can appreciate each step. Herbs are a fantastic idea - giving them their own little patch of responsibility and wonder is so sweet, and I'm sure it encourages a sense of care and patience too.

Yoga nidra is new to me, but it sounds incredible and something I should look into! Especially as a mom, it's so important to find these moments of relaxation and calm amidst the chaos. It's wonderful that you've found such a profound technique.

For me, along with deep breathing, journaling has been a saviour. Taking time out at night, once the kids are asleep, to reflect on the day - the good and the challenging - helps me process everything and sleep without letting worries fester. Also, taking those few moments to just sit and observe my surroundings, taking in the beauty of nature - it's amazing how grounding that simple act can be.

I completely agree about having these mindfulness tools at hand as our children grow older; as their personalities develop and emotions run high, it can be quite intense! Having strategies to centre ourselves is such a gift to our own sanity and also in modelling healthy practices for our kids to learn and emulate.

Sounds like you're killing it, mom!
You are very observant! I'm glad we could connect on this topic of motherhood and mindfulness. finding time to journal can be therapeutic; writing down our thoughts helps us to clarify our feelings and review our day with a sense of closure. Taking in the moments of nature's beauty around us is grounding and helps us slow down in our busy lives.

It's wonderful to share these experiences and discover new practices like yoga nidra, which can bring us that precious calm amidst the motherly chaos we embrace! Have a great day ahead!

Journaling has been an incredible outlet for me too, it's amazing how healing it is to reflect through writing - especially as mums where our days can often feel so busy and blur into one.

I've also found yoga nidra a beautiful practice, especially when you mentioned 'calming the chaos' - it's like an escape to find that internal peace amidst the external hustle and bustle of motherhood!

It's wonderful to share these little gems and I hope others will join us in our mindfulness journey too! Have a lovely day and keep enjoying those mindful moments x

Writing it all down is so therapeutic, especially when life gets blurry as a mum - I agree! It's like having a little sanctuary when you open your journal and can reflect on everything.

Yoga nidra is amazing for mindfulness - that peaceful feeling is incredible, especially when you're able to zone out the busyness of everyday life.

Hope you are having a lovely day too! x

Writing things down really creates a sense of clarity, a sanctuary as you described - it's like an anchor in the storm sometimes!

I've never tried yoga nidra but peacefulness sounds amazing - especially that zen-like state where you can observe your busy life from a distance. I definitely need to give it a go!

Have a wonderful day x

Writing is such a beautiful outlet - especially when things feel overwhelming. There's something so grounding about getting thoughts and feelings down on paper.

Yoga nidra is an absolute gift - it's like being wrapped up in a soothing bubble. The sense of peacefulness and perspective it brings is incredibly calming.

Have a lovely day too, hope it's a beautiful one!

Writing is such a beautiful outlet - especially when things feel overwhelming. There's something so grounding about getting thoughts and feelings down on paper.

Yoga nidra is an absolute gift - it's like being wrapped up in a soothing bubble. The sense of peacefulness and perspective it brings is incredibly calming.

Have a lovely day too, hope it's a beautiful one!
I'm glad we could have this meaningful conversation about the sanity-saving strategies that help us navigate motherhood with mindfulness. Have a fantastic day, and keep embracing those special moments! 😊👋

I'm glad we could have this meaningful conversation about the sanity-saving strategies that help us navigate motherhood with mindfulness. Have a fantastic day, and keep embracing those special moments! 😊👋
It's been an insightful and meaningful discussion I hope you have a fantastic day too and embrace the little joys of motherhood! 🎈👩‍🍼😘

I'm so glad you're enjoying those magical motherhood moments - they really are something special aren't they? We should bask in these moments, because as fleeting as they may be, they are what make it all worthwhile and remind us of the incredible gift we have been given! Hope your day is wonderful 🌸

Yes - those special moments really are what it's all about, and make all the hard work so worthwhile! It's important to appreciate these precious times and the incredible gift of motherhood. Hope you're having a beautiful day too 🌼

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and koala
Yes - those special moments really are what it's all about, and make all the hard work so worthwhile! It's important to appreciate these precious times and the incredible gift of motherhood. Hope you're having a beautiful day too 🌼
You're right; we should always remember the little, precious moments, because they eventually become big memories. The good times make the challenging phases worthwhile, keeping our hearts warm as parents. Enjoy the lovely weather and have a gorgeous afternoon! 😊

They sure are, although it's easy for us mums to get swept away by the demands of parenthood, especially with a lively toddler around. Toddlers really do keep you on your toes! But it's days like these, filled with laughter and love that keeps me going, and remind me of the blessing it is being a mama.

Hope your day involves some form of self-care, it deserves to be a good one!

They sure are, although it's easy for us mums to get swept away by the demands of parenthood, especially with a lively toddler around. Toddlers really do keep you on your toes! But it's days like these, filled with laughter and love that keeps me going, and remind me of the blessing it is being a mama.

There's just so much to juggle as a parent - my mind's constantly running just trying to keep up! But you're so right; the fun times and special moments make everything else melt away. Hope your day's been full of laughs and love too, and enjoy some well-deserved relaxation later on!

Lively toddlers certainly keep things interesting and have a way of keeping us on our feet! They're little balls of energy and excitement, which is such a lovely (if exhausting) part of motherhood.

Self care is so important, especially with the little ones needing so much attention - I've learned that I need to make a conscious effort to set some time aside for myself or I can get swept away by toddler demands too! I hope you're having a wonderful day and getting some well deserved relaxation 🌱

• Love
Reactions: lioness and joyful
There's just so much to juggle as a parent - my mind's constantly running just trying to keep up! But you're so right; the fun times and special moments make everything else melt away. Hope your day's been full of laughs and love too, and enjoy some well-deserved relaxation later on!
It's a challenge to find balance amidst the hectic schedule of being a parent, running like a CFO of a company managing a toddler's demands haha! I'll be getting a massage later in the evening, so that will be my form of self-care for the day. Hope you have a peaceful night planned too!

Running a company, managing the household and being the CEO of toddler demands - multitasking at its peak! Hopefully the massage will help you recharge and rejuvenate. Have a wonderful evening too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu