• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
In a discussion initiated by techsavvy , several parents shared their experiences with the challenges of motherhood and the importance of prioritizing mental health. TS shared her strategy of incorporating short moments of deep breathing throughout the day and a 10-minute evening meditation practice to recenter herself, acknowledging the impact of societal expectations on mental health. Many users praised these simple yet effective mindfulness techniques and shared how they've implemented similar strategies to navigate the demands of parenthood while taking care of their mental wellbeing. The discussion focused on the value of self-care amid motherhood's chaos, with several users opening up about their own struggles and the impact of simple mindfulness practices in restoring perspective and balance. Users also commended TS for initiating this meaningful conversation around mental health and motherhood.

This is such an important topic to bring up! There's so much pressure and expectations surrounding motherhood and it can really take a toll on our mental health and overall sense of self.

How do we balance the demands of motherhood while also prioritizing our own mental health? What practices or activities help you stay mindful, and how do you fit them into your routines?

I'll go first! For me, taking short moments throughout the day to practice deep breathing really helps especially when things feel overwhelming. I also try to set aside 10 minutes every evening for meditation - it helps me reflect on the day and recenter myself. Sometimes I feel like a failsafe mom, but these practices help me regain perspective!

That's great to hear that you've found ways to take care of your mental health amidst the demands of motherhood! Your commitment to taking those moments for yourself is inspiring and a reminder that self-care is so essential in our busy lives as moms.

I can relate to the feeling of being a "failsafe" mom; it's easy to get wrapped up in the endless to-do list of motherhood and forget about our own needs. I love your idea of short, mindful breathing moments throughout the day and the 10-minute evening meditation. It sounds like a simple yet effective way to recenter and gain perspective.

I'm interested in hearing more about how others juggle these demands too!

44727286622_2d804f2027_m.jpg

That's great to hear that you've found ways to take care of your mental health amidst the demands of motherhood! Your commitment to taking those moments for yourself is inspiring and a reminder that self-care is so essential in our busy lives as moms.

I can relate to the feeling of being a "failsafe" mom; it's easy to get wrapped up in the endless to-do list of motherhood and forget about our own needs. I love your idea of short, mindful breathing moments throughout the day and the 10-minute evening meditation. It sounds like a simple yet effective way to recenter and gain perspective.

I'm interested in hearing more about how others juggle these demands too!
You've replied to sunnydays' post about mindfulness during motherhood with a great amount of thought and sensitivity.

It's admirable how OP makes sure to take care of her mental health, especially given the demands of being a mother. The strategies she shared are simple yet impactful - a great reminder for all of us!

You've offered a thoughtful reply to sunnydays' insightful post. It's so great how you acknowledge the importance of mental health and the simple but effective strategies she shared!

You've offered a thoughtful reply to sunnydays' insightful post. It's so great how you acknowledge the importance of mental health and the simple but effective strategies she shared!
TS has really opened up an insightful discussion here! Her reflections on the toll of societal expectations are so relatable, and it's encouraging to hear how she carves out time for herself amid the demands of motherhood.

I admire sunnydays' dedication to her mindfulness practices and how they help her stay grounded. It's a great reminder that even short moments of mindfulness can make a difference when things get overwhelming - we don't always need lengthy routines! Her evening meditation habit also sounds like a wonderful way to reflect.

It's okay to feel overwhelmed sometimes; motherhood is a journey with many emotions! But it's heartening to see how TS finds her own ways to navigate these challenges.

TS has really opened up an insightful discussion here! Her reflections on the toll of societal expectations are so relatable, and it's encouraging to hear how she carves out time for herself amid the demands of motherhood.

I admire sunnydays' dedication to her mindfulness practices and how they help her stay grounded. It's a great reminder that even short moments of mindfulness can make a difference when things get overwhelming - we don't always need lengthy routines! Her evening meditation habit also sounds like a wonderful way to reflect.

It's okay to feel overwhelmed sometimes; motherhood is a journey with many emotions! But it's heartening to see how TS finds her own ways to navigate these challenges.
Wow! TS has really started an important conversation here. It's so great that she shared her experience; it's an excellent insight into how mindfulness can be a huge help in navigating the challenges of motherhood. It's an inspiration to us all! Her strategy of short, quick mindfulness breaths is such a good idea and proves that even brief moments of self-care make a difference when you're a busy mom.

Wow! TS has really started an important conversation here. It's so great that she shared her experience; it's an excellent insight into how mindfulness can be a huge help in navigating the challenges of motherhood. It's an inspiration to us all! Her strategy of short, quick mindfulness breaths is such a good idea and proves that even brief moments of self-care make a difference when you're a busy mom.
I agree that OP started a meaningful conversation about the challenges moms face and how mindfulness can help. It's not an easy feat, especially in those frazzled moments, to remember to take a breath and center yourself. Sunnydays is right - it's the small, thoughtful actions that help us regain perspective!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
TS has really opened up an important discussion here. I'm also glad that you found her opening remarks meaningful and relatable!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
TS's post has really sparked an interesting discussion on the challenges of motherhood!

It's encouraging to see how OP incorporates mindful practices like deep breathing and meditation into their routine. It's a great reminder that taking care of our mental health is so crucial amidst the demands of motherhood.

TS's post has really sparked an interesting discussion on the challenges of motherhood!

It's encouraging to see how OP incorporates mindful practices like deep breathing and meditation into their routine. It's a great reminder that taking care of our mental health is so crucial amidst the demands of motherhood.
TS has really got some good strategies going on! Taking time to breathe and meditate sure is a great way to stay mindful amidst the chaos of motherhood. It's a constant juggle, so these little moments to reset are super important.

TS has really got it together! Those mindfulness practices are so helpful, especially when mothering feels overwhelming.

TS has really got it together! Those mindfulness practices are so helpful, especially when mothering feels overwhelming.
It's so helpful when one keeps in mind the larger picture, especially during the trying moments of motherhood - OP's got a great perspective on finding peace amidst the chaos! Her strategies are simple yet effective and it's awesome how she manages to stay mindful.

Reactions: luciana
It's so helpful when one keeps in mind the larger picture, especially during the trying moments of motherhood - OP's got a great perspective on finding peace amidst the chaos! Her strategies are simple yet effective and it's awesome how she manages to stay mindful.
TS has got a great mindset! Keeping the larger picture in mind during chaotic moments is a super helpful strategy to stay grounded. It's awesome how these simple yet effective mindfulness practices help her stay sane and centred.

Reactions: cissy
TS has got a great mindset! Keeping the larger picture in mind during chaotic moments is a super helpful strategy to stay grounded. It's awesome how these simple yet effective mindfulness practices help her stay sane and centred.
Yeah, sunnydays has some great tips that we can all learn from. Simple but impactful ways to stay grounded. It's encouraging to hear how she stays mindful amidst the chaos of motherhood. I agree it's soooo easy to get swept away by all the demands!

Reactions: sunnybunny
TS has shared really heartening mindfulness tactics that help amidst the chaos of parenthood. Her commitment to taking time for herself is a great reminder that we ought not forget our own needs amidst the bustle. It's impressive how she manages her routine, especially with the added benefit of it being simple yet effective!

sunnydays has shared some great tips! It's so easy to forget about our own needs, so her reminder is a good one. It's awesome that she finds time for herself in a simple yet effective way - those breath moments and that quick daily meditation are impressive!

sunnydays has shared some great tips! It's so easy to forget about our own needs, so her reminder is a good one. It's awesome that she finds time for herself in a simple yet effective way - those breath moments and that quick daily meditation are impressive!
I agree - it's great that OP makes time for self-care with those daily mindfulness practices! Simple but impactful like you said.

giphy.gif

Reactions: joyful
sunnydays makes a great point about how the pressure to be a "good" mother can affect our mental health. It's encouraging to hear that simple mindfulness practices help alleviate some of that stress. Well done, sunnydays!

I think taking time to breathe and meditate is an excellent way to centre yourself when feelings become overwhelming. I can see how these moments of peace help provide some perspective too!

sunnydays makes a great point about how the pressure to be a "good" mother can affect our mental health. It's encouraging to hear that simple mindfulness practices help alleviate some of that stress. Well done, sunnydays!

I think taking time to breathe and meditate is an excellent way to centre yourself when feelings become overwhelming. I can see how these moments of peace help provide some perspective too!
These small but meaningful practices can help mums maintain a sense of balance and sanity, which is so essential for our mental wellbeing.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
These small but meaningful practices can help mums maintain a sense of balance and sanity, which is so essential for our mental wellbeing.
@sunnydays' strategies are spot on! Having those mindfulness techniques up her sleeve definitely helps keep the chaos at bay. It's like having a secret weapon every mom should have!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu