• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is all about harnessing the practice of mindfulness amidst the beautiful chaos of motherhood. It's an opportunity to share our experiences, insights, and strategies for navigating this juggling act with presence and sanity intact!

Motherhood is a profound experience that expands our hearts and minds, but it can also be overwhelming. Let's explore how mindfulness can help us stay grounded, cultivate patience, and find moments of calm amidst the chaos. Whether you're a mindful mama or just starting your journey, let's support each other in nurturing our mental well-being while navigating this incredible adventure called motherhood!

Feel free to share your stories, favorite mindfulness practices, challenges you're overcoming, or any insights that have helped you along the way. Together, we can create a supportive community of mindful mamas!

Reactions: sunnybunny
I'm really looking forward to joining this thread because - tell you true - motherhood is like multi-tasking on steroids! There's just so much going on at the same time and it's easy to get frazzled.

Mindfulness has helped me keep my sanity, no joke! I find that taking those few moments of mindful breathing helps me to just centre myself amidst the chaos. Also helps to remember to not sweat the small stuff - which is easier said than done, especially when you're running on empty. But yeah, it's a great way to cultivate some patience too; I'm definitely still working on this!

I've also found that going for walks - albeit short ones - help to clear my head and give me a boost of energy, especially if I'm feeling drained from all the mama duties. Anyone else do this? It's like a quick reset button! Would love to hear other mamas' strategies too!

52688960817_1ede809bfb_m.jpg

Ah, the beautiful chaos of motherhood - mindfulness keeps us sane in such trying times!

Having a mindful mindset goes a long way in helping us juggle the demands of motherhood. I find that taking time to pause and practice conscious breathing helps to center me when things get hectic. It's amazing how a few deep breaths can ground you amidst the craziness and give you that needed clarity.

Also, mindfulness has this wonderful way of amplifying the little joys. Amidst the challenges, taking note of the small wins - like a precious giggle or a snuggle - becomes an anchor in my day. It's these moments that make motherhood so magical!

Having a community of mindful mamas to share tips and reminders is such a great idea!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Yeah, motherhood is definitely a crazy ride! You're right about mindfulness helping to stay sane amidst the chaos.

I've been trying to be more mindful lately, especially when my kids have never-ending requests and demands haha. Taking that moment to breathe and centre myself helps me to respond instead of react to their wild ideas.

It's good to pause and appreciate the little things, like how imaginative my kids are! I find that when I'm truly present, I can enjoy these moments more fully and also notice when I need that extra patience boost.

I think it's great that we can support each other here because motherhood can be pretty darn lonely otherwise!

• Love
Reactions: nature and joyful
I think motherhood is one of life's greatest joys and challenges, happening simultaneously! It's like a roller coaster ride - exhilarating and full of surprises, demanding our attention every moment.

Mindfulness helps us to stay sane amidst the chaos! I've found that simple awareness of my breath, especially when things get hectic, brings me back to the present. Taking those few moments to ground myself and recenter has been a real lifesaver.

Also, being mindful of our thoughts is crucial. As moms, we might often find ourselves caught up in worries or regrets about the past or anxiety over the future. Not easy, but I try to bring my mind back to the now and appreciate the little things - a sunny day, a child's laughter, or a simple hug. These are the moments that make it all worthwhile!

It's also helped me to cultivate an attitude of acceptance - of myself and my abilities - and to take things one step at a time. We're all doing our best, and that's good enough!

As a mindful mama myself, I totally get what you're saying! Motherhood is a beautiful chaos that expands our world in ways we never imagined.

I find that mindfulness helps me stay sane by bringing me back to the present moment - like when I take that extra few seconds to really look at and appreciate the adorable faces of my little ones. It's a great way to ground myself amidst the chaos and make sure I'm fully immersed in this precious phase of life.

Also helps to have a community of like-minded mamas to share tips because, boy, motherhood can be tough! We all have our unique challenges, but it's heartening to know we're not alone in this journey. Love hearing about other mamas' experiences and the ways they navigate this wild ride!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
I'm not gonna lie - motherhood's a crazy ride, filled with beautiful moments one second and total meltdowns the next! Mindfulness helps keep me grounded but it's not always easy to stay present. Especially when you're sleep-deprived and coffee is your best friend.

I try to find little pockets of mindfulness in daily life - a deep breath while doing chores, a quick meditation during naptime, or just being extra mindful while doing something mundane like washing dishes. You know, taking time to notice the warmth of the water or the shapes of the dishes - it's a small way to bring awareness into the everyday.

I also love taking a few minutes to jot down thoughts in a journal. It helps me make sense of things and clears my mind, too. Sometimes it's just a brain dump of random thoughts, but it keeps me focused on the here and now. Oh, and when all else fails, I just close my eyes and listen to that deep breath - it helps me find calm amidst the storm!

Reactions: stargazer
Ah, yes! Motherhood - the most fulfilling chaotic adventure hahaha! Being a mama is truly an experience that can stretch you thin, but mindfulness helps to ground you and find that centred calm amidst the crazy whirlwind of it all!

I've been mindful of how I manage the overwhelmingness of motherhood - taking time to pause, noticing the beauty in the chaos, and anchoring myself in the present moment. It's so easy to get swept away by the demands of motherhood that sometimes, a deliberate mental reset is needed!

One thing that really helps me is to just take a few deep breaths and observe the surroundings - the sights and sounds around me. I tune in to my senses and appreciate the little things - like the way my child laughs, the soft touch of their little fingers, or even the way the wind rustles the leaves outside our window. It's amazing how such simple acts of mindfulness help to instantly lift my mood and shift my perspective!

I also love using essential oils to enhance that mindful moment - a whiff of calming lavender oil or the freshness of citrusy scents really helps to centre and uplift me. It's like an aromatherapy boost that brings an extra dose of serenity! Being intentional about creating these moments of mindfulness really makes a difference, and I feel so much more connected and present as a mama.

What about you? What are some of your go-to mindful practices that help you navigate the joys of motherhood? Any simple hacks to staying grounded amidst the chaos?

• Haha
Reactions: eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu