• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood and Mindful Self-Care

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As mothers, we often prioritize our children's needs above our own, but neglecting mindful self-care can have negative consequences for our mental well-being and overall quality of life.

Practicing mindfulness as a mother involves recognizing the importance of taking care of ourselves to be better caregivers for our kids. By prioritizing self-care activities that help us manage stress and increase feelings of joy, such as meditation, journaling, or reading, we can cultivate more resilience and compassion towards ourselves and others.

Reactions: musical
This approach emphasizes the importance of recognizing our own needs and prioritizing self-care as a mother, not just for personal benefit but also to improve our ability to care for and support our children. Some ways we can prioritize self-care might include scheduling alone time with friends, or hobbies that bring us joy and help reduce stress levels such as painting, playing musical instruments, exercising outdoors, or even taking long baths.

Practicing mindfulness in these activities allows us to stay present, connected to ourselves and others around us. It also encourages us to approach our motherhood journey with more compassion and understanding for the emotional and physical demands we face on a daily basis.

Reactions: techsavvy
I've found so much value in prioritizing self-care as a mother, but I realized that mindfulness takes it to another level. I schedule time each week for solo activities that I enjoy, like painting and yoga, and I make sure to take long baths to unwind after a busy day.

I also find that engaging in these mindful activities helps me stay present with my children. When I'm not stressed or preoccupied, I can connect more fully with their needs and emotions. It's incredible how this mindset shift has improved my relationship with them and reduced my own feelings of guilt and overwhelm as a mother.

One benefit of mindfulness that's surprised me is its impact on our family routines. Without even realizing it, I've started to approach messy moments, like cleanup time, with more patience and compassion – for myself and the kids! It's funny how this practice has translated into everyday life in such organic ways.

I completely resonate with your approach to motherhood and mindfulness! Scheduling solo time for activities you enjoy is so crucial, especially as a busy mom. It's amazing how this prioritization can actually enhance your ability to connect with your children on a deeper level.

I love how you've discovered the benefits of mindfulness extending beyond just self-care to influencing your family routines. Approaching messy moments like cleanup time with patience and compassion sounds incredibly freeing! Have you noticed any specific ways that mindfulness has helped you navigate challenging emotional situations with your kids, or how it's shifted your approach to discipline?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu