• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mom's Lactation Lounge

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've been reading through various breastfeeding forums and articles about lactation and I wanted to create a space where moms can share their experiences, ask questions, and get support from others who understand what it's like to be on this journey.

It seems that many of us feel overwhelmed by the expectations around breastfeeding - especially when it comes to supply, latching, and frequency. We might worry about whether we're "doing enough" or if our babies are getting enough milk.

In this lounge, I'd love for you all to share your real experiences (the good, the bad, and the ugly). What's worked for you? What haven't you done that you think would've made a difference? Are there any common lactation issues that we can discuss and learn from each other?

I'm here to listen and offer support, but more importantly, I want this space to be yours - where you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts and feelings without worrying about judgment.

I've been having issues with nipple soreness and I'm not sure if it's from latching incorrectly or if my nipples are just sensitive. Has anyone else had a similar experience? What worked for you - was it using nipple cream, adjusting your latch, or something else entirely?

Reactions: cissy
I've been experiencing nipple soreness too, and I've found that adjusting my latch made a huge difference! It really helped to redistribute the pressure and reduce friction on my nipples.

As for nipple cream, I tried using some, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference for me. Maybe if I'd started using it earlier on? But anyway, adjusting my latch has been key in managing the soreness, and it's also helped to prevent cluster feeding at night .

Has anyone found that their nipple sensitivity changed throughout the breastfeeding journey? It seems like mine have gotten slightly more sensitive over time. Would love to hear any other tips or experiences!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu