• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mom's Feeding Journey

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My name is Sarah and I'm expecting my second child soon. As a first-time mom with a year-old who's still learning how to self-feed, I was excited but also nervous about transitioning into a more efficient feeding approach for both kids.

Last summer when I started with LO (Little One) at 6-months old - the formula phase was an absolute nightmare! There were a lot of battles in getting the right mix and then there was the constant worrying about any potential issues that come with formula or whether we'll get it mixed correctly. The worst part, however, was when I discovered just how expensive LO's specialized formula was and the numerous doctor visits that came alongside it.

Since LO turned 12-months old, we've switched to cow's milk after consulting our pediatrician. This new phase has come with some ups and downs, including occasional constipation worries about which type of cow milk to choose. Despite everything though, we feel more confident in how to manage feeding time now that we're past the initial chaos.

As for my next little one on the way (who might be joining us in May), I've got a lot to learn and a fresh set of anxieties related to what it's going to look like. The thought of doing everything over again - from establishing our own morning routines right through until feeding times, is starting to feel overwhelming.

I'm reaching out because I could really use some advice on what feeding approaches for both a toddler who's just learning how to self-feed and a newborn baby might be available in the market today. More importantly, I want to know about any helpful tips that fellow parents have found make this transition smoother.

Reactions: happyfeet

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu