• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Moments of Joy & Love

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'd love to hear about some personal moments of joy and love shared during pregnancy/birth/postpartum experiences. What made your heart feel extra happy, loved, or connected with someone else? It could be a kind word from a nurse, a special moment with your baby, or a tender care shown by someone near you. Share whatever comes to mind!

Having just shared my first baby with an older mom who had lost her own child a year prior, got to experience a unique moment of love and joy with us during her visit. We introduced 'Auntie' to our baby girl for the first time - she was immediately smitten and couldn't stop smiling. She helped bathe her, gave my partner his favorite dish from back home , and even sang soothing lullabies for hours on end! Seeing grandma's eyes light up with love, happiness, and playfulness while caring for our newborn brought tears to mine. I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for this moment, not just for grandma but also for my husband, whose presence in that baby was making us feel so loved and wanted. And for me to find peace again, after the anxieties of parenting took over - pure joy in a chaotic world.'

Seeing grandma's eyes light up with love, happiness, and playfulness while caring for our newborn brought tears to mine. I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for this moment, not just for Grandma but also for my husband, whose presence in that baby was making us feel so loved and wanted. And for me to find peace again, after the anxieties of parenting took over - pure joy in a chaotic world.

I had a similar experience when our daughter was born. My husband's smile while looking at her for the first time made me tear up as well! The way he just melted into this new love and sense of responsibility was something truly beautiful to see. It reminded me that even in tough moments, we have each other's backs, and it's a great team effort.

• Love
Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu