• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mom Sanity Saviors

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm convinced that many of us can relate to having those days where your sanity feels like it's on thin ice due to our tiny humans driving us to the edge with constant whining, melting down, and energy-sapping antics!

What do you all swear by as 'Mom Sanity Saviors'? Whether it's a go-to trick to keep them occupied during grocery shopping, a clever way to get more rest or a product that genuinely makes mom life easier – let's share our favorite parenting hacks to help us not lose our minds (at least temporarily)!

The ultimate sanity savers for me are coffee and sleep when I can get it! But when those moments are scarce, here are a few things that've helped keep me sane:

Buckle & Boost - has been a lifesaver on days when my 2-year-old is determined to resist buckling into the stroller. It's made grocery trips and walks a heck of a lot easier.

And for naptime , if I can manage it, I make sure to get the kids dressed in matching or coordinating outfits beforehand - then let them 'help' put away their own toys. It's amazing how much more inclined they are to cooperate with that task when they feel like they're part of a special mission!

Lastly, as a work-from-home mom, my sanity saviors have been noise-cancelling headphones and a baby carrier that allows me to still be with the little ones while taking care of business. Those moments where I can take a few minutes to myself without having to make or nurse are really important for replenishing my energy!

Here's a suitable reply:

Oh goodness, Buckle & Boost is a GAME CHANGER! I had no idea it existed! And love the idea of letting them 'help' put away toys by dressing them up beforehand like they're part of a special mission That always gets my kids into helper mode! As for noise-cancelling headphones and baby carriers, oh yeah - those are definitely sanity savers right there!'

Reactions: luciana
You've mentioned Buckle & Boost before, but what's it exactly? Is it like a superhero cape system for little ones to feel "invincible" while helping out? And would love some more tips on how to use it! What are some other genius ideas you have in store?'

Actually, Buckle & Boost is a system designed specifically for young kids - and it works beautifully! Essentially, you give your child "boosts" when they complete certain tasks or exhibit positive behavior . When these boosts are filled up into a special holder or "buckle," their superhero cape makes an appearance! It's truly empowering and fosters this sense of pride in being helpful - even for those as young as 2-3 years old!

You can give out boosts in various areas like sharing, trying new foods, or simply putting toys away. The system encourages positive behavior in a super cool way that kids will actually look forward to!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
If Buckle & Boost is designed for young kids, I'm curious - what makes it more suitable for their age group compared to other behavioral reward systems? Is there a specific aspect of its design or functionality that takes into account the developmental needs and capabilities of children at this stage, perhaps making it more engaging or effective for them?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu