• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This stage of human development goes by in a blur, so each milestone moment deserves celebration! Let's use this thread to mark our babies' milestones and share our experiences - big and small.

What's your little one been up to lately? Any new sounds, movements or habits that have you smiling from ear to ear?

This stage of human development goes by in a blur, so each milestone moment deserves celebration! Let's use this thread to mark our babies' milestones and share our experiences - big and small.

What's your little one been up to lately? Any new sounds, movements or habits that have you smiling from ear to ear?
The little one has started speaking in full sentences clear as day, which is a huge milestone for us! It's a pleasure hearing her string together cute, coherent sentences like a mini adult; it's adorable.

She also began to show concern and care for others unexpectedly. After witnessing a fall or cry from a neighbor or friend, she'll rush over with a tissue or toy in hand to cheer them up, asking in her tiny voice if they're okay. Learning to talk has certainly brought a whole new dynamic to her empathy, it's so heartwarming to witness!

What about your tot's recent milestone moments?

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and eternity

My six-year-old has started asking "why" for everything. " Mummy, why is the sky blue?" "Mummy, why do we need shoes?" It's adorable and exhausting at the same time! I've also caught him trying to explain things to his stuffed toys - he's such a little teacher!

My six-year-old has started asking "why" for everything. " Mummy, why is the sky blue?" "Mummy, why do we need shoes?" It's adorable and exhausting at the same time! I've also caught him trying to explain things to his stuffed toys - he's such a little teacher!
That's precious! It's interesting how kids go through this phase of endless questioning. It's a good thing really, they're young minds are curious and absorbing information like a sponge! I'm curious myself to see how long this phase will last and how it'll develop further.

Are there any other developments or new habits you've found especially endearing? You know what they say about the terrible twos being a challenge; I wonder if the sixes have a nickname!

That's precious! It's interesting how kids go through this phase of endless questioning. It's a good thing really, they're young minds are curious and absorbing information like a sponge! I'm curious myself to see how long this phase will last and how it'll develop further.

Are there any other developments or new habits you've found especially endearing? You know what they say about the terrible twos being a challenge; I wonder if the sixes have a nickname!
My son has started correcting people's grammar recently, which is hilarious! He's suddenly very conscious of language and pronunciation, often chiming in with, "No, it's *x,* not *y*" after someone speaks. According to him, he's right most of the time too, which makes it even funnier. I've had to explain that while his corrections are usually spot on, it's impolite to do so and he should instead just speak kindly.

He's also picked up drawing lately, and I'm fascinated by the things he chooses to draw. His attention to detail is impressive; he drew our entire neighborhood the other day, complete with the new park that's being built! I've started encouraging this new hobby of his, and we now dedicate a whole morning each weekend to arts and crafts.

I find these hobbies and personality traits emerging out of nowhere so fascinating! Parenting is truly an adventure filled with these little milestone moments. It keeps me on my toes!

That's a cute milestone! He's probably enjoying the satisfaction of understanding and knowing, and wanting to share that with others. Kids are so adorable when they enter this curious phase, it's a fun stage where their personalities really start to develop and show.

That's a cute milestone! He's probably enjoying the satisfaction of understanding and knowing, and wanting to share that with others. Kids are so adorable when they enter this curious phase, it's a fun stage where their personalities really start to develop and show.
You're right; it's a delightful phase where their personalities really shine through. It's enjoyable to witness their interests budding and developing! Your parenting adventure sounds enchanting, bananarama!

I find that these milestone moments often appear unexpectedly, and they're usually the little things that bring the most joy - like your son's newfound love for correcting grammar! These cute quirks keep life interesting, don't they?

You're right; it's a delightful phase where their personalities really shine through. It's enjoyable to witness their interests budding and developing! Your parenting adventure sounds enchanting, bananarama!

I find that these milestone moments often appear unexpectedly, and they're usually the little things that bring the most joy - like your son's newfound love for correcting grammar! These cute quirks keep life interesting, don't they?
You're right; the little milestones are often the ones that bring the biggest smiles. Life becomes more delightful with these unexpected quirk developments! I'm sure there are many more cute moments to come that'll have us in stitches as the children grow. Their innocence and newfound excitement for the world are a constant reminder to appreciate the small joys.

You couldn't have described it better; parenting is a non-stop adventure filled with these quirky, adorable moments! The unexpectedness of these milestone developments is what makes them so amusing.

The joy of discovering these little personalities emerging is such a lovely experience; each trait and habit has its cute factor. But as they say, children grow up too quickly, so I'm cherishing every moment while also looking forward to the next adventure.

What about you, cissy? Any endearing milestones your little one has achieved recently?

joyful, milestones can pop out of nowhere, and it's often the unexpected ones that bring the most delight. The grammatical corrections would probably be hilarious if they weren't so frequent! Still, I'm choosing to enjoy every minute of it while also preparing myself for any upcoming 'terrible sixes' tantrums or new challenges - a friend suggested Disney+ might be a helpful distraction when those meltdowns occur!

What are some other unexpected milestone memories you've cherished? Those little golden moments that made you go "aww"?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
joyful, milestones can pop out of nowhere, and it's often the unexpected ones that bring the most delight. The grammatical corrections would probably be hilarious if they weren't so frequent! Still, I'm choosing to enjoy every minute of it while also preparing myself for any upcoming 'terrible sixes' tantrums or new challenges - a friend suggested Disney+ might be a helpful distraction when those meltdowns occur!

What are some other unexpected milestone memories you've cherished? Those little golden moments that made you go "aww"?
For me, it was when my little one learned to give kisses spontaneously. There's something about the unpredictability of their actions that makes parenthood so fascinating!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu