• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to discussing the various milestones our children achieve and the journey of their development, an often exciting yet overwhelming period for us parents!

We often focus so heavily on the destination - the end goal of our child's development - that we forget to appreciate the little milestones and the journey it took to get there.

Share with us your experiences and memories of those special moments; the first smile, the first steps, the first time they called you 'Mama' or 'Papa'. What were some of the challenges you faced, and how did you overcome them? Let's create a detailed log of these milestones for future references for parents!

This thread is dedicated to discussing the various milestones our children achieve and the journey of their development, an often exciting yet overwhelming period for us parents!

We often focus so heavily on the destination - the end goal of our child's development - that we forget to appreciate the little milestones and the journey it took to get there.

Share with us your experiences and memories of those special moments; the first smile, the first steps, the first time they called you 'Mama' or 'Papa'. What were some of the challenges you faced, and how did you overcome them? Let's create a detailed log of these milestones for future references for parents!
The first time she called me "Mommy"! My heart melted hearing her sweet little voice say my title with such innocence. It was music to my ears, made all the sleepless nights worthwhile. I had also cherished the excitement of seeing her take her first tottering steps and the determination on her little face as she diligently worked on balancing herself - now that's a sight to behold!

The first time she called me "Mommy"! My heart melted hearing her sweet little voice say my title with such innocence. It was music to my ears, made all the sleepless nights worthwhile. I had also cherished the excitement of seeing her take her first tottering steps and the determination on her little face as she diligently worked on balancing herself - now that's a sight to behold!
It's indeed heartwarming when our children start using those special terms of endearment! My daughter took great delight in practicing her newly learnt word "Mama", over and over again. It was cute hearing her little voice calling out to me, and I cherish how she'd giggle whenever I responded. A memorable milestone!

It's indeed heartwarming when our children start using those special terms of endearment! My daughter took great delight in practicing her newly learnt word "Mama", over and over again. It was cute hearing her little voice calling out to me, and I cherish how she'd giggle whenever I responded. A memorable milestone!
That's really adorable, the joy they bring never fails to sweeten our days. Does your daughter have any other nicknames for you? My son sometimes calls me "Mamamia" because he can't pronounce my actual nickname properly yet, and it sticks till today. I think I like it better that way!

That's really adorable, the joy they bring never fails to sweeten our days. Does your daughter have any other nicknames for you? My son sometimes calls me "Mamamia" because he can't pronounce my actual nickname properly yet, and it sticks till today. I think I like it better that way!
Nope, she just sticks to the classic and cute "Mama," which is good enough for me!

Nope, she just sticks to the classic and cute "Mama," which is good enough for me!
There's something special about the simplicity of it all - the first words they utter are so precious no matter what they end up calling us. :)

There's something special about the simplicity of it all - the first words they utter are so precious no matter what they end up calling us. :)
Yup! We as parents sure do cherish these little moments, don't we? The joys of parenthood!

Yup! We as parents sure do cherish these little moments, don't we? The joys of parenthood!
They warm our hearts with the simplest of things. As the years fly by too quickly, it's these little milestones that make us appreciate the present and remind us to slow down because they grow up too soon! Are there any other special milestones you'd like to share? The firsts never end, after all! ;)

They warm our hearts with the simplest of things. As the years fly by too quickly, it's these little milestones that make us appreciate the present and remind us to slow down because they grow up too soon! Are there any other special milestones you'd like to share? The firsts never end, after all! ;)
My daughter's first smile came with a bonus - her first giggle! It was so delightful and infectious; I couldn't help but join in the laughter. A joyful moment that made my heart swell with love.

My daughter's first smile came with a bonus - her first giggle! It was so delightful and infectious; I couldn't help but join in the laughter. A joyful moment that made my heart swell with love.
Those fleeting moments of unadulterated joy are precious indeed! My little one loves to hear the silly sounds I make and will burst into fits of giggles whenever I pull a funny face. It's a delight to witness her response and an encouragement for me to be sillier each time!

Those fleeting moments of unadulterated joy are precious indeed! My little one loves to hear the silly sounds I make and will burst into fits of giggles whenever I pull a funny face. It's a delight to witness her response and an encouragement for me to be sillier each time!
Haha the things we do to amuse our little ones, I'm sure you're a very entertaining mommy! It's a blessed distraction from the challenges that parenting brings anyway. Do share more milestones if there are any!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Haha the things we do to amuse our little ones, I'm sure you're a very entertaining mommy! It's a blessed distraction from the challenges that parenting brings anyway. Do share more milestones if there are any!
Well, my son recently started talking in full sentences, so that's been fun. He's been picking up new words and expressing himself quite clearly now. There was one time when he asked for a sandwich mid-flight while we were traveling and said, "Mommy, I'm hung-g-gry!" The way he struggled to pronounce the 'g' was so adorable that hubby and I just burst out laughing. That became our cute nickname for hunger pangs thereafter!

Well, my son recently started talking in full sentences, so that's been fun. He's been picking up new words and expressing himself quite clearly now. There was one time when he asked for a sandwich mid-flight while we were traveling and said, "Mommy, I'm hung-g-gry!" The way he struggled to pronounce the 'g' was so adorable that hubby and I just burst out laughing. That became our cute nickname for hunger pangs thereafter!
These little linguistic milestones are so fascinating to experience.

These little linguistic milestones are so fascinating to experience.
It's interesting to see them learn and adapt new words, especially when they mix them up or create their own cute versions! My daughter used to call bananas "nanas," and it stuck for a while until she finally got the right pronunciation. They have their cute ways of communicating, don't they? ;D

It's interesting to see them learn and adapt new words, especially when they mix them up or create their own cute versions! My daughter used to call bananas "nanas," and it stuck for a while until she finally got the right pronunciation. They have their cute ways of communicating, don't they? ;D
Yes, I can imagine how delightful that would sound! Kids say the cutest things and in the most adorable ways possible. It's like their little languages are developing right before our eyes, it's fascinating to experience first hand. There's no greater satisfaction than successfully teaching them something new and seeing the pride on their faces when they master a new word or skill.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Yes, I can imagine how delightful that would sound! Kids say the cutest things and in the most adorable ways possible. It's like their little languages are developing right before our eyes, it's fascinating to experience first hand. There's no greater satisfaction than successfully teaching them something new and seeing the pride on their faces when they master a new word or skill.
Indeed, watching them conquer new challenges and achieve these milestones is what makes parenting so rewarding.. or rather.. let me rephrase.. it's one of the many Joys of being a parent! :D Do you have any such heartwarming stories to share?

Indeed, watching them conquer new challenges and achieve these milestones is what makes parenting so rewarding.. or rather.. let me rephrase.. it's one of the many Joys of being a parent! :D Do you have any such heartwarming stories to share?
It's gratifying to witness her develop new skills and catch up on missed milestones due to lockdown, like finally getting the hang of writing. She's learning cursive at school and takes great pride in practicing my name, "Mommy," over and over again, in flowing scripts. It warms my heart that she finds joy in the simple act of writing, which makes me appreciate the beauty of her handwriting even more.

It's gratifying to witness her develop new skills and catch up on missed milestones due to lockdown, like finally getting the hang of writing. She's learning cursive at school and takes great pride in practicing my name, "Mommy," over and over again, in flowing scripts. It warms my heart that she finds joy in the simple act of writing, which makes me appreciate the beauty of her handwriting even more.
The little ones sure have a way of brightening up our days! Their innocence and curiosity make these milestone moments extra special. Seeing them tackle new challenges head-on is a real inspiration.

The little ones sure have a way of brightening up our days! Their innocence and curiosity make these milestone moments extra special. Seeing them tackle new challenges head-on is a real inspiration.
Their unfiltered excitement and wonder are so contagious too, which makes parenting such a delightful adventure. The looks on their faces when they succeed at something or learn something new are memories you can forever treasure! It's indeed a privilege to witness these milestone moments and share in their joy. Watching them grow, learn, and develop their personalities never gets old, does it?

Their unfiltered excitement and wonder are so contagious too, which makes parenting such a delightful adventure. The looks on their faces when they succeed at something or learn something new are memories you can forever treasure! It's indeed a privilege to witness these milestone moments and share in their joy. Watching them grow, learn, and develop their personalities never gets old, does it?
That's true. Parenting has many joyful moments, especially when you see your child hit important milestones. The look of triumph on their faces is endearing! It's a pleasure to witness their personality development too, and such moments create lasting memories. Seeing the world through their inquisitive eyes never ceases to amuse and remind us of life's simple pleasures.

Do share some of your memorable milestone moments! It's delightful to hear these heartwarming stories.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu