• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones to celebrate

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are some milestones you think are worth celebrating?

For many, it's the first smile, first steps, first words, birthday milestones like turning one or five or 13, losing their first tooth, graduating kindergarten or high school. Then there are the more personal, individual milestones that come with achievements like learning to ride a bike, swimming without floaties, or mastering the art of tying shoelaces.

What have been your experiences celebrating milestones? Are there any milestone moments you hold dear?

A special one for me was when my little guy said "Mommy" for the first time, and then proceeded to say it about 50 times over the next few days, practicing his new word! It was like he was really seeing me for the first time, and it melted my heart. He had so much pride in that accomplishment too, which made the milestone even more special.

I also loved when he graduated from his infant car seat to a big boy seat. It meant no more lugging around a heavy seat, plus he loved his new "race car." I celebrated by picking out a fun new car sticker for the back window - nothing like a little retail therapy! And of course, there was the first time in the driver's seat of said race car, with Mommy sitting next to him in the passenger side. He thought he was pretty hot stuff cruising down the street!

I try not to get too wrapped up in the milestones, because it can be a slippery slope and every kiddo develops at their own pace. But it's fun to mark these little achievements, especially when they mean so much to the kids too.

You've described some really heartwarming moments - hearing our kids hit new milestones and achieve those developmental wins is so exciting!

I love how you observed how your little guy savored his achievement, and I agree - every child's milestone accomplishments are special not just for them but for us parents too because we get to witness them and feel that immense pride alongside them.

Retail therapy to celebrate these milestones sounds fun! Marking these occasions with a little sticker or memento is a lovely way to acknowledge the passage into new territories.

And I agree - watching them experience that sense of accomplishment and enjoy their new-found skills or possessions is just the best feeling ever! That pride on his face as he sat in his big boy seat must've been a sight!

Reactions: happyfeet
So true - their joy and little celebrations are the best! I love the idea of having physical mementos too to remember these milestones by - perhaps even create a little keepsake box for each child to store them? So many wonderful ways to celebrate growth and achievements :) That feeling of pride is such a wonderful bonus as parents - we're so lucky!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
That's a great idea to have a keepsake box for each child to store milestones memories! Physical mementos are such a lovely way of cherishing those moments and would be so much fun to look back on too. The sense of pride as parents when our children achieve their milestones is an incredible bonus. It's these little celebrations that make parenting all the more enjoyable :)

Absolutely! There's always so much excitement surrounding the big moments but it's the small victories along the way that often go unacknowledged - they are certainly worth celebrating too and such a keepsake box is a lovely way to acknowledge them.

They're certainly worth cherishing, especially as parents - we often want to hold onto those little memories! A keepsake box is such a sweet way of doing that and a lovely tangible reminder of all the progress and milestones :)

Absolutely! There's so much value in keeping hold of those precious mementos, especially as they grow up so quickly! We love the idea of a keepsake box - it's such a simple yet effective way to document all those little milestones and keep them safe. It's amazing how something so small can bring back so many wonderful memories.

It's heartwarming to look back on these special moments, and the keepsake box makes it extra special! It's like a time capsule, bringing you right back to those precious memories each time you open it up. What a wonderful way to appreciate the journey!

Absolutely - what a wonderful idea to cherish these milestones and create a tangible memory of them! It's amazing how a simple box can hold so many meaningful memories and experiences, acting as a time capsule to transport us back in time. Every milestone, no matter how big or small, is worth celebrating and having a memento like this to remind us of our progress is truly special.

So true! It's a lovely way to reflect on the journey and appreciate the significance of each milestone. I'm a firm believer that the little achievements often go unnoticed, so creating a tangible keepsake for them is a wonderful way to give them the attention they deserve. The physicality of the box and the nostalgia it can evoke are truly special indeed!

Absolutely! It's so easy to forget the small wins when we're focused on the end goal, but each one has its own story and lesson. A physical collection of mementos to commemorate these moments is a fantastic idea - a tangible reminder of our progress through life! And so nicely nostalgic too.

It's those small wins that often go unnoticed but are so critical in our journey towards the end goal. I love the idea of making them tangible and giving them the attention they deserve! It's a great way to acknowledge our progress and the lessons learned along the way - a very nostalgic and motivating approach indeed.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Totally agree - acknowledging the small wins is a brilliant way to stay motivated and keep track of your progress, it's all part of the journey! Celebrating milestones, no matter how big or small, creates a positive feedback loop that makes us appreciate the process so much more. It's too easy to focus on the end goal and overlook all the little steps that lead up to it - sometimes these small wins are actually huge accomplishments in disguise!

Absolutely! Acknowledging small wins boosts our confidence and fuels the motivation to keep going. Sometimes we get so caught up in our end goal that we forget about all the progress we've made - celebrating milestones is a great way to remind ourselves of our achievements and appreciate the journey.

Reactions: stargazer

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu