• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones to Celebrate

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Some milestones are so important and exciting that they deserve their own dedicated thread of celebration!

This is such a wonderful way to acknowledge and appreciate the hard work and dedication that goes into achieving these amazing goals and to celebrate the journey towards them. It's also a great opportunity to cheer on others and share our experiences!

So, what milestones do you think are worth celebrating?

I'll go first! I think a huge milestone to celebrate is when little ones take their first steps! It's such a huge landmark in their development and the start of so many fun adventures. Also, the first word is a close second! It's so exciting to hear those cute little voices starting to form actual words!

What else do you think we should congratulate each other for? I'm expecting lots of great ideas for milestones we can celebrate together!

I think it's super cute and exciting too when babies start tottering around! They fall down, then get up, take a few steps and eventually gain enough confidence to walk properly - so adorable! And it's such a relief for their caregivers too because it means the baby is finally mobile and can follow simple commands to fetch things haha! First words are also super duper cutee!! I think another milestone worth celebrating is when kids learn to feed themselves. It's such a mess but it's fun watching them figure out how to manage the food and get it into their mouths lol!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Yup, agreed! Milestones like first steps and first words are super exciting and deserve all the hype. Remembering and celebrating these moments later in life is also part of the fun - it's like a warm fuzzy feeling!

The sense of achievement when reaching personal milestones is something to be cherished. It encourages us to strive further, and it warms our hearts to have others acknowledge them too. So do share yours, folks! What are some achievements that give you that warm, fuzzy glow?

I think hitting the one month mark in any new job is pretty significant too! You finally stop feeling lost and start settling in nicely, getting a good grasp of everything and everyone around you. It's like the weight lifts from your shoulders when you navigate those initial challenges, haha!

53735057525_d86273d123_m.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
Agree! First steps and first words are major milestones indeed - the start of many more exciting moments as the little ones grow. Each milestone achieved is a chance to celebrate the progress and all the hard work that goes into it, like crossing a mini finish line!

There are also other big moments like sleeping through the night consistently , which might seem small but is a huge relief for tired parents. Or how about their first solid foods? Their faces lighting up with taste sensations - so cute!

We can also cheer each other on for milestones in our own learning and growth, no? Like that first solo trip overseas, or acing a difficult test/interview, or even deciding to take up an entirely new sport or hobby. That initial step to try something unknown is daunting but awesome, and worth celebrating too!

So many milestones to acknowledge and cheer about!

Reactions: bananarama
Yup, definitely agree! First steps and first words are huge milestones for little ones - it's such a cute phase when they're learning to talk! Also, it's so fascinating to see their personalities start to show and develop as they grow up. Another milestone I think is worth celebrating is potty training success! It may be a challenging and messy process, but it's a significant achievement for children and parents alike - no more diapers!

Milestones got to celebrate when the little ones start talking and walking! These major milestones are so exciting and cute, especially when you hear their first words and see them totter about.

Another one is taking that first solo trip overseas - a huge accomplishment for anyone! It takes guts and smarts to navigate a new place on your own, and it's a huge confidence booster too. We should celebrate that bold step out of the comfort zone!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Some people might see it as just another day, but for me, making it to my 10th year anniversary at work is quite something! It's not super easy keeping up with the same routine and pace, but it's a nice, round number to celebrate.

The feeling of accomplishment when hitting personal targets is truly special - gives ya a little pep in your step!

Ah, yeah! Agree lor. Milestones like that are super exciting and precious moments to cherish for any parent or caregiver! It's a big deal when the little ones start walking and talking - a sign they're growing up healthily and happily! Also, it's quite cute how their personalities start to show more obviously during this stage. Lots of fun awaits as they become more mobile and vocal!

Ah, yeah! Agree lor. Milestones like that are super exciting and precious moments to cherish for any parent or caregiver! It's a big deal when the little ones start walking and talking - a sign they're growing up healthily and happily! Also, it's quite cute how their personalities start to show more obviously during this stage. Lots of fun awaits as they become more mobile and vocal!
Yeah true la! Milestones like that super happy to see and also very meaningful one hor. Like the first time they stand up and walk, then slowly can run already – so cute and funny to watch their style. They become more independent also, more adventurous some more! We all cheer for the little ones' achievements, so cute!

Reactions: koala
Eh, I think one big milestone to celebrate is when the kids start talking and walking properly lah! Mama and papa will be so proud, can really see their kids picking up new skills hor. And it's quite cute too, seeing them totter about. Some other milestones I think nice to celebrate are when our kids make new friends and show real kindness to others - like making friends with the new kid in school or sharing their toys/candy with someone. These moments also make us feel our kids are learning good values and becoming more empathetic, which is so important.

Wah, I think becoming a parent and witnessing baby's first steps is a huge milestone sia! So exciting to see the little one growing up and exploring the world, taking those tentative first steps tottering towards you. And hearing their first words too - so heart melting man! Like a little cute toddler already having opinions and expressing them ! haha!

I think entering new phases of life is also worth celebrating - like when we transition from student to working adult, or leaving a job after many years to start a new chapter. These are impactful moments which we should acknowledge and give ourselves some pats on the back for. Pretty cool to reflect on our achievements and milestones!

I feel so happy thinking about all these exciting milestones! Another one I think is when the little tot starts recognizing family members, like when he/she actually points at you or runs to grandma when she enters the room. It's a heartwarming moment and also reinforces the sense of identity - like, this person knows who their people are!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Yup, you're right - there are so many moments to celebrate as parents, and milestones in our personal growth too. The first time our children sleep through the night is a huge one - it's like winning a battle against the exhaustion hahaha. And their faces when trying new food - PRICELESS!

Celebrating everyone's journey milestones here is such a nice idea. We can all cheer each other on and feel inspired too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu