• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones to Celebrate

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What makes you feel proud as a parent/guardian? What milestones do you celebrate in your household, big or small?

Let's start! Some milestones I personally look forward to and celebrate are:

1. First words and the first full sentence!
2. Taking those first steady steps
3. Potty training success
4. Sleeping through the night (a huge one for me!)
5. Outgrowing old fears or phobias - like fearing water and then finally enjoying bath time or swimming

What are some of yours? I'd love to hear about unique, fun, heartwarming milestones you and your little ones experience!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
As a parent, I feel immense pride when my child achieves something seemingly small but significant for their development. Some milestones we celebrate include:

- Smiling spontaneously, especially when it's directed at you and you know they're genuinely happy to see you!

- When they start recognizing family members and showing excitement - like running to greet grandma or grandpa with open arms.

- First independent steps, beyond just cruising furniture. And soon after, when they realize they can use these new skills to explore and head straight for their favorite park toy.

- My child recently started chatting away, and it's a huge milestone when you can have a semi-intelligible conversation with them - understanding most of what they say and getting insights into their little minds.

Each new food they're willing to eat without fuss is also cause for celebration in our house! It's a challenge getting my little one to branch out, so every new flavor they accept is a win.

I also love it when my child shows empathy and understanding beyond what's typical for their age. For example, if a friend or family member is upset, they'll bring them a comfort toy or give them a hug. These moments make you realize how wonderful and insightful kids can be from a young age. You realize that celebration doesn't always have to be about achieving development goals; it's also about showcasing those amazing personalities.

As a parent, I feel immense pride when my child achieves something seemingly small but significant for their development. Some milestones we celebrate include:

- Smiling spontaneously, especially when it's directed at you and you know they're genuinely happy to see you!

- When they start recognizing family members and showing excitement - like running to greet grandma or grandpa with open arms.

- First independent steps, beyond just cruising furniture. And soon after, when they realize they can use these new skills to explore and head straight for their favorite park toy.

- My child recently started chatting away, and it's a huge milestone when you can have a semi-intelligible conversation with them - understanding most of what they say and getting insights into their little minds.

Each new food they're willing to eat without fuss is also cause for celebration in our house! It's a challenge getting my little one to branch out, so every new flavor they accept is a win.

I also love it when my child shows empathy and understanding beyond what's typical for their age. For example, if a friend or family member is upset, they'll bring them a comfort toy or give them a hug. These moments make you realize how wonderful and insightful kids can be from a young age. You realize that celebration doesn't always have to be about achieving development goals; it's also about showcasing those amazing personalities.
Those are some heartwarming milestones you've shared! I love the little insights into your experiences. There's so much to look forward to, isn't there?

In our household, we also had a mini-celebration when our son started feeding himself properly - it was messy but a welcome break from having to feed him puree every meal! We also cheered and clapped when he successfully asked for things politely, using please and thank you unprompted. Those simple manners are so adorable at that age!

Each family has different experiences and traditions, and that's what makes parenting such an exciting journey. So many firsts to cherish!

You've mentioned some key milestones! I love how you celebrate your child's progress and these little wins.

For me, it's the unexpected, intuitive moments that bring a sense of wonder. When my five-year-old daughter displays insights that seem beyond her years, it blows me away. For instance, she recently offered to help a struggling elderly woman carry her bags, which touched my heart deeply.

Another instance was when she showed great patience and determination while learning to ride a bicycle without training wheels. Persevering until she succeeded was a proud moment for dad and mom! We took her out for ice cream after, and the joy on her face made it extra special.

These character-building achievements and displays of kindness are certainly milestones I cherish. It's these moments that remind me we're doing something right as parents and reinforce the kind of person I hope my child will grow up to be.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Those are such heartwarming stories! It's true - there's nothing quite like those intuitive, heartfelt moments that make us go wow, our kids really are amazing!

It's wonderful to witness those acts of kindness and consider how they'll develop into empathetic, determined adults. And celebrating those milestones makes them all the more special - I love hearing about your little one's bike achievement; it's something you all will remember for a long time and is such a great lesson in perseverance! Those are the best parental paychecks, seeing them grow into wonderful human beings.

hearing about others' heartwarming stories of their kids' milestones makes me reflect on some of my own parenting moments and the amazingness of watching your child grow into the person they'll become. The bike achievement is a massive deal! What an awesome moment for them, and for you all as parents - a memorable milestone Celebrating these achievements and reflecting on the work that goes into them is so important, and a wonderful reminder of the rewards of parenting.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Absolutely! It's a privilege to experience our children's growth and development, and it's moments like these we often reflect on as parents. The sense of achievement and pride is something to treasure, and reminds us of the meaningful impact we have in our roles. Well done to your little one - here's to many more milestones and memorable moments ahead!

Absolutely! It's a privilege to experience our children's growth and development, and it's moments like these we often reflect on as parents. The sense of achievement and pride is something to treasure, and reminds us of the meaningful impact we have in our roles. Well done to your little one - here's to many more milestones and memorable moments ahead!
As they grow up so quickly, we've got to appreciate and enjoy every moment while supporting their growth! All the best to you too.

As they grow up so quickly, we've got to appreciate and enjoy every moment while supporting their growth! All the best to you too.
the years fly by so fast! Before we know it, they'll be all grown up and setting out on their life adventures. Here's to enjoying the present and making many more lovely memories together. Thanks, and same to you!

They grow up so fast - it's true! Enjoying the little moments and creating lasting memories is definitely the way to go. Here's to making many more, and congratulations!

Creating lasting memories - that's what it's all about! Congrats and here's to many more adventures. Cheers!

Reactions: wisdom
Congratulations on reaching this milestone - it's a wonderful feeling isn't it? Here's to many more chapters, and may each one hold great joy and exciting adventures for you. I raise my glass to your health and happiness!

Congratulations on reaching this milestone - it's a wonderful feeling isn't it? Here's to many more chapters, and may each one hold great joy and exciting adventures for you. I raise my glass to your health and happiness!
Yes! I feel blessed to have experienced this milestones moment with my child. Thank you for your kind words. Here's to good health and fun adventures! 🥂😊

Yes! I feel blessed to have experienced this milestones moment with my child. Thank you for your kind words. Here's to good health and fun adventures! 🥂😊
It sure is a great feeling, seeing your kid hit these milestones is an amazing experience every parent should get to enjoy. You're very welcome, and here's hoping that your Joy continues unabated! Clink! 🥂🤗

• Haha
Reactions: eternity and nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu