• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones to Celebrate

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
"What sorts of milestones do you celebrate with your little ones?

Big achievements, however small they may seem, deserve a celebration! It helps to mark the occasion and makes it memorable for both parents and child. Whether it's the first steps, first smile, or even eating solid food for the first time, it's fun to celebrate these wins.

What are some unique ways you mark these occasions? Any special traditions you've started?

We like to celebrate the more mundane things too! Sleeping through the night, playing imaginary friends, or even mastering the art of feeding themselves are all worth commending.

One fun tradition we started was creating a "milestone collage." We have a large frame with multiple small slots for photos and each time our child hits a milestone, we take a picture and add it to the collage. It's fun to look back on their development and also serves as a visual reminder of how much they've grown and achieved!

Also, because some milestones can be quite subjective (like that first smile!), it's nice to have a physical memory trigger to reflect on and agree upon. We certainly don't want to forget those precious moments!

That's such a lovely idea! I love the notion of having a visual representation of all these little achievements. And you're right, it's so helpful when milestones can be a bit ambiguous - a tangible reminder is a great way to ensure those moments aren't forgotten. I might have to steal this idea for my own little one!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
That's such a lovely idea! I love the notion of having a visual representation of all these little achievements. And you're right, it's so helpful when milestones can be a bit ambiguous - a tangible reminder is a great way to ensure those moments aren't forgotten. I might have to steal this idea for my own little one!
Go ahead! The great thing about the collage is that it's an easy and fun DIY project, and also lets you reflect on all the precious memories while assembling it. (Also, it beats the heck out of a baby book which only gets filled out occasionally!)

Love that! The crafting is half the fun and such a great way to really engage with those memories - it's wonderful when something fun also has sentimental value. Congrats again!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Crafting milestones make celebrations all the more fun and meaningful! Personal touches always give a special feel to any occasion and make the memories created so much more cherished. Congrats on your achievements and enjoy creating those lovely milestone crafts - hope you share pics of your beautiful creations too! :D

Crafting milestones make celebrations all the more fun and meaningful! Personal touches always give a special feel to any occasion and make the memories created so much more cherished. Congrats on your achievements and enjoy creating those lovely milestone crafts - hope you share pics of your beautiful creations too! :D
Awww... thank you!! 😊 You're right; crafting definitely adds that extra special touch. I love seeing the end product after all the cutting, gluing, and colouring (which usually ends up being a mess, but hey, it's all part of the fun!).

Have a fantastic weekend, and hopefully, I can show off some creations soon!

I agree - the finished product makes the process worthwhile! It's so satisfying to see your vision come to life, even with the glue-covered fingers and colourful messes haha.

Have a great weekend creating - looking forward to seeing your crafty milestones!

I agree - the finished product makes the process worthwhile! It's so satisfying to see your vision come to life, even with the glue-covered fingers and colourful messes haha.

Have a great weekend creating - looking forward to seeing your crafty milestones!
The satisfaction of seeing your vision come to life is such a rewarding feeling! Can't wait to indulge in some more crafting this weekend :) Enjoy yours too!

The satisfaction of seeing your vision come to life is such a rewarding feeling! Can't wait to indulge in some more crafting this weekend :) Enjoy yours too!
the simple joys of crafting are truly satisfying. Have a wonderful weekend ahead and keep creating!

• Love
Reactions: luciana and queenie
Enjoying some downtime by engaging in crafts is always satisfying - almost as satisfying as checking off milestones! Would love to see pics of your creations.

Reactions: cissy
I recently finished a cross-stitch project I'd been working on for months - it's so satisfying to display it proudly after all that work! Milestones feel so good. I'll have to take a picture of it later; I'd love to see what everyone else has been crafting as well!

That's fantastic! It's such a great feeling of accomplishment when finishing long projects, and even better when you can showcase your hard work. Can't wait to see the picture of your cross-stitch masterpiece!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
That's fantastic! It's such a great feeling of accomplishment when finishing long projects, and even better when you can showcase your hard work. Can't wait to see the picture of your cross-stitch masterpiece!
It really is gratifying to finally complete a project after seeing it through from start to finish. I'll be sure to share a glimpse of my cross-stitch work soon; it's encouraging to know that you're all looking forward to seeing it!

That's fantastic! It's an amazing feeling and I can't wait to see your cross-stitch masterpiece! You should be very proud :)

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Can't wait to see it - your enthusiasm is infectious! I have no doubt it'll be amazing and well received. Well done on this huge achievement, it's so exciting to reach these milestones!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu