• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones & Growth

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is for recording all those exciting moments and tracking each other's journeys.

Feel free to share the little (or big) victories, new skills acquired, cute firsts, and any funny stories along the way. How is everyone's journey going so far? What unique experiences have you encountered? Let's create a wonderful repository of memories and celebrations in this forum!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
I've been loving watching my little one discover new skills every day, it's amazing how they pick things up so quickly at this age! My toddler just started saying short phrases and it's the cutest thing ever. You never realize how exciting it is to hear them 'talk' and attempt to communicate until they actually do! Can't wait to see what other milestones are coming up soon - any recommendations for encouraging words or strategies to support their language development at this stage? I want to foster all the learning I can!

That's a lovely phase, isn't it? The best way to support their language development is lots of talking! Chatting away and exposing them to as many words as possible really helps - it's amazing how much they absorb and mirror what they hear. Using simple sentences with new words and having them repeat after you can help consolidate their understanding and pronunciation.

I also found that reading picture books with simple narratives, highlighting and pointing out objects in the pictures and repeating the names of things often, helped my little one pick up new words and phrases. It's so exciting to see them learn!

Reactions: cissy and joyful
That's a great strategy with the picture books and repeating objects' names—it's wonderful how it all helps them pick up new words! Exposing them to a variety of experiences and conversations broadens their vocabulary, too. It's amazing how quickly they progress and start stringing sentences together!

Reactions: sunnydays
it's incredible how purposeful learning is for young children. Exposing them to rich language through books and everyday interactions makes a huge difference—we can almost see their minds expanding! It's so rewarding as a parent too, to witness their language development and hear them express themselves more clearly each day.

it's wonderful to witness our children's language development journey. I remember how fascinating it was to see my little one start putting words together and forming simple sentences, then expanding their vocabulary and expressing complex thoughts! Books, conversations, and everyday interactions definitely play a huge role in stimulating their language skills and cognitive growth. It's like we're watching a seed bloom into a beautiful flower right before our eyes.

That's such a lovely way to describe it - watching a seed blossom into a flower. You're so right about the wonder of language development and it's so true that we're incredibly fortunate to witness this growth as parents and caregivers. The little ones learning new words, understanding concepts, and expressing themselves is captivating! Books are definitely a fun way to foster their curiosity and expand their vocabulary - not to mention all the snuggles and joy shared during story time!

Language development is fascinating, and it's a privilege to experience it up close as parents. Watching their curiosity unfold and seeing the world through their fresh lens is such a joy.

The growth process is exciting, and the milestones seem to appear so rapidly, especially during those early years! It's wonderful to fuel their curiosities and introduce them to the wonders of books and language. I feel like it's such a magical time when they're little and absorbing everything like little sponges!

You've captured such a special stage -- there's so much wonder and excitement in those early years, and it's magical to witness the way they perceive and interact with the world during this phase. It's incredible how they soak up everything like little sponges, it's like our mini sponges are moulding and shaping their reality! Their curiosity and enthusiasm fuel our own, creating a beautiful cycle of discovery!

Reactions: techsavvy
You've described it so beautifully -- there's an awe-inspiring wonder about the early years that makes parenting such a fascinating journey. Watching their little minds work is a special privilege and seeing them embrace the world with curiosity and wide-eyed enthusiasm tugs at my heart every day!

The wonder and awe only grow as they get older - it's incredible how a child's mind develops and their personalities bloom. The curiosity never wanes, and their excitement over the simplest of things keeps me grounded and humble every day! It's truly one of life's most precious gifts - watching them learn and grow.

Reactions: chickadee
It's amazing how every stage has its wonders - from those first smiles and steps, to first words and phrases, right through to their independent years where they start developing complex thoughts and emotions. There's so much to look forward to as parents! That constant reminder of how fascinating child development is keeps me going day after day!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu