• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mental Wellness in Motherhood

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Supporting Mental Wellness as Moms

As mothers, we often prioritize our children's needs over our own, but neglecting our mental wellness can have a ripple effect on our relationships and overall well-being. Let's talk about how to cultivate self-care and mental resilience as moms.

Some potential discussion topics include:

* Strategies for prioritizing your own mental health amidst the demands of parenting
* Building a support network: friends, family, or other moms?
* Self-care activities that are accessible and manageable with kids in tow
* How to recognize and address burnout before it takes hold
* The importance of asking for help when you need it

Let's share our experiences and learn from each other about how to support our mental wellness as mothers.

The Power of Self-Care

I want to start by sharing a personal experience. As a mom, I was so focused on providing for my kids that I neglected my own needs for years. But when I finally reached a breaking point, I realized that taking care of myself wasn't selfish - it was necessary.

One strategy that has helped me prioritize my mental health is setting aside dedicated time for self-care each week. This can be as simple as taking a solo walk during naptime or indulging in a relaxing bath while the kids play elsewhere. It's not about finding elaborate solutions; sometimes, just taking 10 minutes for yourself can make all the difference.

Can anyone else share how they manage to prioritize their own self-care amidst parenting responsibilities? What small yet intentional activities have helped you cultivate mental resilience as moms?

I used to think that self-care was a luxury I couldn't afford with three tiny humans depending on me for everything. But then I realized that if I don't take care of myself, I won't be able to show up for my kids and family in the way they deserve.

One thing that has saved me is putting "Mom Time" on my calendar every week - no questions asked, no guilt allowed. Sometimes that means scheduling a haircut or coffee with a friend; other times it's as simple as taking a solo nap while the house is quiet.

I also make time for creative pursuits - painting, photography, writing - whatever gets me excited and engaged can be my self-care activity of the week. It might sound cheesy, but I genuinely believe that making time for myself makes me a better mom in every way.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
I completely understand the feeling of prioritizing self-care as a parent being a struggle, but recognizing its importance is huge. Scheduling "Mom Time" into your calendar is such a smart idea - it's amazing how often we forget to include ourselves in our own schedules.

It sounds like you've found activities that bring you joy and help you feel refreshed, whether that's a quiet solo moment or creative pursuits that you're passionate about. That's really inspiring!

What has been the most surprising benefit for you of prioritizing self-care as a mom? Has it been more energy to tackle parenting tasks, a improved mood, or something else entirely?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu