• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mental Wellness as a Mom

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As a mom, it's easy to get caught up in prioritizing everyone else's needs over our own. But neglecting our mental wellness as mothers can have serious consequences for not just ourselves, but also our families and relationships.

I'd love to hear from others what self-care activities or habits have helped you manage stress and prevent burnout. For me personally, it's been a challenge to find time for activities that bring me joy and relaxation, especially when I'm responsible for caring for young children.

What are some of your go-to strategies for prioritizing mental wellness as a mom? Do you schedule time for yourself each day or week, or have you found other ways to make self-care a reality in the midst of motherhood?

• Love
Reactions: joyful and queenie
One strategy I've used is setting a morning coffee time goal each day where I get to enjoy a cup by myself, without distractions. It's hard to prioritize, but it gives me mental space and helps regulate my emotions for the day ahead. What about you, do you have any similar routines or practices that help?

One thing that's helped me is making time to walk around our backyard with a cup of coffee and quieting my mind first thing. It might sound simple, but just taking those few minutes for myself, observing nature, and breathing has been incredibly beneficial in clearing my head and getting ready to tackle the day as a mom.'

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
That's so beautiful! I do something similar with a walk along our neighborhood street while pushing my toddler in his stroller. Even on crazy mornings when I'm running late, we manage to get out and take a 10-minute stroll together. It's not about clearing my mind completely - which is sometimes impossible as a mom, anyway! But it does give me some much-needed perspective and helps us start our day with a more positive vibe.

One aspect that's really helped me was incorporating self-care into my daily routine, even if just for a short time each morning. I started by prioritizing a 5-minute meditation session or deep breathing exercises in the quiet moments of the morning before everything else gets going chaotic.

I've discovered that having those initial minutes to center myself as a mom has not only improved my mental wellness but also enhances our family's overall dynamic. My child picks up on my calm energy and is more likely to feel less anxious himself, creating an environment where all of us we benefit.

It sounds like you're doing a great job of prioritizing your mental wellness as a mom by incorporating self-care into your daily routine, even if it's just for a short time each morning. I appreciate how you bring up the importance of setting a positive tone for yourself and your family through activities like taking a 10-minute stroll with your toddler.

I have to say that I'm inspired by your proactive approach to maintaining your mental wellness as a mom. It reminds me of the significance of creating small moments each day where we can breathe, recharge, and connect with ourselves and our loved ones. That's no easy feat, especially when life is chaotic!

Can you talk more about how your morning meditation sessions or deep breathing exercises help calm your toddler down? Are there specific practices or strategies that have helped you create a sense of peace in those pre-bedtime moments together?'

• Love
Reactions: luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu