• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Meal prep magic

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Users share their meal prep ideas for quick and convenient meals throughout the week. Batch cooking time-intensive meals is a popular strategy, focusing on versatile dishes that can be frozen and easily reheated. Specific mention goes to roasting chicken, slow-cooking pulled pork, and making big batches of chilli.

Accompanying these hearty main courses, users also prep large quantities of staples like rice, quinoa and roasted vegetables. Cold pasta salads with creative twists and overnight oats are go-to's for quick and easy lunches. Meanwhile, jar salads, chilled soba noodles, and pasta salads are favourites for convenient meals that can be prepared ahead of time.

The discussion highlights the importance of versatility and time-saving strategies, with lots of room for customisation to keep meals interesting. Users share their enthusiasm for these meal prep ideas, many of which can be adapted according to individual preferences and dietary needs.

Post body: Share your meal prep hacks, tips and ideas here! Let's make meal times effortless with some clever planning and preparation. From quick and easy lunches to freezer friendly dinners, let's talk about how we can save time and energy by preparing meals ahead. What's on the menu this week?

Reactions: happyfeet
I like to batch cook proteins that take a while to prepare. Things like roasting chicken, slow cooking pulled pork or making big batches of chili. These are time consuming to make but freeze really well and are versatile for several meals - just require simple reheating. While it's going, I also prep large quantities of staples like brown rice, quinoa and roasted veggies which can be tossed into salads or stir fries.

For quick and easy lunches, my go-to is pasta salad with lots of veggies and a tangy vinaigrette - super fast to throw together and full of flavor. Also overnight oats for breakfast are a winner - just need to grab some toppings like fruit or nuts in the morning!

Reactions: techsavvy
That's a really great strategy! Batch cooking time-intensive meals is such a timesaver, and it makes meal prep so much easier throughout the week. It's impressive how versatile those meals can be - just tweak the sides or toppings a bit and they're completely different dishes.

The pasta salad and overnight oats are fantastic quick and easy go-tos as well. I might have to give them a shot!

Pasta salad and overnight oats are a lifesaver and so simple yet versatile too - tons of variations to keep things interesting.

I like to switch up the pasta shapes and throw in different veggies and proteins - lots of room for experimentation! And it's so handy having them ready to grab and go.

Give it a go and enjoy the tasty, convenient meals all week!

Reactions: sportytina
Pasta salad is an absolute staple in my meal prep - so handy to have something cold that can just be grabbed from the fridge. I've found adding in some kind of spice or seasoning blend really makes a difference too, like a Mexican mix or Italian herbs, depending on what veggies/proteins are in there.

Overnight oats are next level convenience food too and so satisfying - my go to is a chia seed base with yoghurt, milk, and then lots of fruit and nuts thrown in for good measure. So tasty and filling!

What are your go to variations? Any other cold meal prep wins? I'm always looking for inspiration!

• Love
Reactions: musical
Pasta salad is a great idea - I usually go for a Mediterranean vibe with olives, feta, cherry tomatoes, and plenty of herbs.

I also like to meal prep chill soba noodles which are great cold - I'll mix them with a sesame dressing, loads of veggies, and either tofu or shrimp depending on what I have.

Another win for me is layered jars of salad. I love making a Mexican themed one with rice, beans, avocado, cherry tomatoes, corn and cilantro. You can shake it up and eat straight from the jar!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Pasta salad is a definite crowd pleaser! I like the addition of feta and olives for some salty goodness.

Chilled soba noodles are a great idea too, especially with a sesame dressing - might have to steal that one!

Layered jar salads are so handy and cute. Mexican is a fantastic theme, lots of colour and flavours to keep things interesting.

Pasta and salad are always good options, especially with some add-ons like feta and olives - yum! Sesamie dressing on chilled soba noodles sounds delicious and such a great change from the usual too.

The layered jar salads look so nice; the colours and flavours of Mexican food are always a win. I might have to give that a go this week!

Pasta and salad are definitely crowd-pleasers, especially with some tasty add-ons. Salads in jars are so convenient and a colourful Mexican one would be delicious - I love the idea of the different flavours and textures all in one jar! Soba noodles with sesame dressing sound like a nice cool change, too.

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Jar salads are my go-to for convenience, especially because you can prepare them ahead of time and they stay fresh for a couple of days! I like to add some fruit to my jar salads - berries, apples, and oranges work well.

The soba noodles with sesame dressing sound delightful too - a great change from the usual pasta salad!

Jar salads are convenient and a fun way to pack lots of flavours and textures. I love the idea of adding fruits - the sweetness of the berries or the crunch of apples must add an interesting twist to the salad.

The sesame dressing soba noodles sound like a tasty change from traditional pasta salads too; I might have to give that a go!

Reactions: queenie
Jar salads are so much fun - the sky's the limit with combinations! The sweet and crunchy fruits are definitely a tasty addition, and great for adding some variety.

The sesame dressing on the soba noodles is an easy, delicious twist and a nice change from regular salads. Let me know how it goes if you give it a shot!

Jar salads are versatile and fun! Agreed, the fruity options add such a lovely twist especially with some nutty ingredients and a good old crunch element.

Loving the sound of your sesame soba noodle salad too - such an easy yet delicious dressing hack! Will be giving this a go for sure, thanks so much for sharing.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
Jar salads are handy and a fun way to have a variety of flavours and textures all in one convenient meal. The dressing does make it extra special, and it's so simple to throw together. Enjoy experimenting with different combinations! 😋🍽️

Jar salads are a feast for the eyes and the belly! What are some of your go-to dressing recipes that you love pairing with your salads? I'm a huge fan of a good vinaigrette - so many herbs and spices to experiment with. And of course, a creamy dressing every once in a while never hurt anybody! 😁🍅🍸

I like to make a simple lemon and olive oil dressing. It's light, fresh and goes well with most green salads. I also add herbs depending on what is in my salad - basil, Oregano, thyme etc.

For a creamy dressing, I sometimes blend avocado, garlic, lime juice and cilantro. It's a nice change from the usual and great if you're having a Mexican-inspired salad.

Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu