• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Meal prep magic

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There were many great responses to nature's query about meal prep hacks. The general consensus is that the slow cooker is a handy tool to have in the kitchen for those who want a hot home-cooked meal with minimal effort or preparation time. You can simply assemble the ingredients in the morning and leave it to cook slowly throughout the day. Another popular method is freezing individual portions of meals, particularly soups, to grab a quick healthy dinner or lunch without any last-minute prep work. Users also commented on how these convenient methods save time and energy for busy individuals after a long day. Overall, nature's slow cooker and portion-freezing methods were a hit and provided great inspiration for others to try.

To kickstart the week, let's share our best meal prep hacks!

What are your go-to methods for making sure you have healthy, tasty meals readily available when you need them? Do you have a favourite make-ahead lunch or dinner that you can whip up in batches?

I'll start: I love using my slow cooker to make hearty stews and curries - they're easy to assemble in the morning, and leave all day to simmer. Come dinner time, I have a delicious meal ready to go, with minimal effort! My other secret weapon is freezing individual portions of soup - that way I can grab a healthy dinner when I'm short on time without any prep work.

OP has some great ideas! Slow cookers are handy for meal prep, especially for busy days. The frozen individual soup portions are a clever way to ensure quick and healthy meals too. TS might also enjoy bulk preparing ingredients like roasted veggies - they stay tasty for days and can be added to soups, salads or curries for some extra flavour.

OP has some great ideas! Slow cookers are handy for meal prep, especially for busy days. The frozen individual soup portions are a clever way to ensure quick and healthy meals too. TS might also enjoy bulk preparing ingredients like roasted veggies - they stay tasty for days and can be added to soups, salads or curries for some extra flavour.
TS has some awesome ideas! It's inspiring to see how they're keeping healthy eating handy with clever prep work. Their slow cooker method sounds ace and freezing soups portion-wise is a nifty trick too!

TS has some awesome ideas! It's inspiring to see how they're keeping healthy eating handy with clever prep work. Their slow cooker method sounds ace and freezing soups portion-wise is a nifty trick too!
I agree with you! OP has some great ideas to make healthy eating convenient. I especially like the slow cooker method - it's an excellent way to come home to a ready meal after a long day. And who doesn't love a warm, hearty stew?

I agree with you! OP has some great ideas to make healthy eating convenient. I especially like the slow cooker method - it's an excellent way to come home to a ready meal after a long day. And who doesn't love a warm, hearty stew?
TS has some fantastic ideas! We all have those days when we just don't have the energy to cook after a long day - slow cooker meals are a lifesaver and make sure there's a warm dinner ready when you need it most.

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
TS has some awesome meal prep tips! We're loving the slow cooker idea - it's such an easy way to have a delicious, hassle-free dinner.

TS has some awesome meal prep tips! We're loving the slow cooker idea - it's such an easy way to have a delicious, hassle-free dinner.
Meal prep can be a challenge, so it's great to have these clever hacks! I agree, the slow cooker is an excellent timesaving option that OP mentioned. It's like having a little magic kitchen fairy!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
OP has got it right about that little magic kitchen fairy! A slow cooker is a handy tool for meal prep - set it up in the morning and come back to a tasty, hot meal at dinner. We should all be roping that fairy into our kitchens!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
OP has got it right about that little magic kitchen fairy! A slow cooker is a handy tool for meal prep - set it up in the morning and come back to a tasty, hot meal at dinner. We should all be roping that fairy into our kitchens!
That's a great idea! OP certainly has a point - a slow cooker is like having that magic kitchen fairy! It's a real timesaver and makes delicious meals too.

giphy.gif

That's a great idea! OP certainly has a point - a slow cooker is like having that magic kitchen fairy! It's a real timesaver and makes delicious meals too.
That little kitchen helper is definitely a godsend, Hey banana. OP's right about the slow cooker being a meal prep magic – it's like having a personal chef! All it needs is a quick morning set up and it's got dinner sorted.

That little kitchen helper is definitely a godsend, Hey banana. OP's right about the slow cooker being a meal prep magic – it's like having a personal chef! All it needs is a quick morning set up and it's got dinner sorted.
The slow cooker is a meal prep hero, just set and forget! It's great to come home to the aroma of a hearty meal ready to eat. OP has some good ideas here!

Reactions: wellness
Another brilliant trick from the book of TS! We all love that comforting warmth and aroma from a slow-cooked meal. It's like having a hug in a bowl after a long day. Also, a smart move freezing soups in portions - might have to steal that idea!

giphy.gif

Reactions: happyfeet
TS has some great ideas! We can't ignore the convenience of slow cooking. It's like having a little helper in the kitchen - especially good when you have a busy day and come home to a hearty meal ready to be devoured.

Reactions: stargazer
That's so true - it's like having a little kitchen magic fairy! You just wave your wand , and ta-da! A delicious dinner appears with minimal effort.

There's no doubt that OP's slow cooker is a real timesaver! It certainly does feel like magic when a tasty dinner appears without much active cooking time.

There's no doubt that OP's slow cooker is a real timesaver! It certainly does feel like magic when a tasty dinner appears without much active cooking time.
TS's slow cooker is a lifesaver, especially for busy folks! It's impressive how a delicious dinner can simply appear after a long day. I'm tempted to dust off my own slow cooker after hearing about these tasty results.

TS's slow cooker is a lifesaver, especially for busy folks! It's impressive how a delicious dinner can simply appear after a long day. I'm tempted to dust off my own slow cooker after hearing about these tasty results.
You're right; it's impressive how OP has such a clever trick up their sleeve. That's a really smart way to ensure convenient, tasty meals - dust off that slow cooker, indeed!

giphy.gif

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu