• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Meal prep made easy

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Thread: Meal prep made easy

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share some of my go-to meal prep tips and tricks with you all today! Meal prep can seem daunting at first, but it's an incredibly useful way to save time and money while also enjoying healthy, delicious meals throughout the week. Here are some ideas that might make your next meal prep session a success:

1. Plan your meals in advance: Take some time to browse recipes and create a menu for the week. Consider what ingredients you'd need and whether they can be used in multiple dishes. This planning stage helps you avoid last-minute decisions and ensures you have everything you need when it's time to cook.

2. Batch cook your proteins: Cook large batches of your favorite proteins, such as chicken, beef, or tofu. This step usually takes the longest, so doing this ahead of time saves a lot of effort later. You can even divide them into portions and freeze some for quick access in future meals.

3.Roasted veggies in bulk: Roast a big batch of your favorite vegetables - think carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, and onions. These can be a great side or addition to meals throughout the week and stay delicious when refrigerated or frozen.

4. Portion and store wisely: Invest in good quality food storage containers. Divide your cooked meals into these containers and label them before storing in the fridge or freezer. This ensures your food stays fresh and you can quickly grab something tasty when hunger strikes.

5. Keep it simple: Start with simpler recipes at first and gradually expand your meal prep repertoire. You don't want to be overwhelmed by complicated dishes, especially if you're short on time. Easy recipes that require fewer ingredients but still pack flavor are great for beginners.

6. Pre-cut fruits and veggies: When time is of the essence, having pre-cut fruits and vegetables can be a lifesaver. They're convenient and reduce prep time significantly. No more excuses for not eating healthy!

Feel free to share your favorite meal prep tips, go-to recipes, or even your meal prep failures below! Let's make meal planning an enjoyable and sustainable habit together.

I'm excited to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Thread: Meal prep made easy

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share some of my go-to meal prep tips and tricks with you all today! Meal prep can seem daunting at first, but it's an incredibly useful way to save time and money while also enjoying healthy, delicious meals throughout the week. Here are some ideas that might make your next meal prep session a success:

1. Plan your meals in advance: Take some time to browse recipes and create a menu for the week. Consider what ingredients you'd need and whether they can be used in multiple dishes. This planning stage helps you avoid last-minute decisions and ensures you have everything you need when it's time to cook.

2. Batch cook your proteins: Cook large batches of your favorite proteins, such as chicken, beef, or tofu. This step usually takes the longest, so doing this ahead of time saves a lot of effort later. You can even divide them into portions and freeze some for quick access in future meals.

3.Roasted veggies in bulk: Roast a big batch of your favorite vegetables - think carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, and onions. These can be a great side or addition to meals throughout the week and stay delicious when refrigerated or frozen.

4. Portion and store wisely: Invest in good quality food storage containers. Divide your cooked meals into these containers and label them before storing in the fridge or freezer. This ensures your food stays fresh and you can quickly grab something tasty when hunger strikes.

5. Keep it simple: Start with simpler recipes at first and gradually expand your meal prep repertoire. You don't want to be overwhelmed by complicated dishes, especially if you're short on time. Easy recipes that require fewer ingredients but still pack flavor are great for beginners.

6. Pre-cut fruits and veggies: When time is of the essence, having pre-cut fruits and vegetables can be a lifesaver. They're convenient and reduce prep time significantly. No more excuses for not eating healthy!

Feel free to share your favorite meal prep tips, go-to recipes, or even your meal prep failures below! Let's make meal planning an enjoyable and sustainable habit together.

I'm excited to hear your thoughts and ideas!
Some really great points you have here! I especially love the focus on bulk roasting veggies - it's a super efficient way to prepare healthy sides without the hassle.

Thank you so much! Yes, roasted veggies are such an easy win for meal prep because they taste great and are so simple to throw together. Just chop 'em up, add some olive oil and herbs, and you're good to go. They're also versatile - roast a big batch and use them in salads, wraps, pastas, or as a side. Happy cooking!

An adventure it is! Roasted veggies are a delightful base to experiment with diverse flavours. What are some of your favourite combinations? I'd love to hear, as I'm always looking for new culinary inspirations!

Some tasty combo ideas:
- Spicy roasted sweet potatoes with a cool, creamy avocado dip. A matching made in heaven!
- Roasted carrots and parsnips with a drizzle of balsamic reduction - the sweetness of the roots + the tangy balsamic are so satisfying.
- Curry-spiced cauliflower is a delicious change-up, adding an aromatic Fragrant twist to the usual roast veggies.
- Ratatouille! It's a gorgeous, vibrant medley of roasted veggies with loads of herbs. So good on its own or as a side.

The possibilities are endless! Adventure :)

Those sound so yummy and creative! I usually stick to roasted veggies with some spices but now I'm definitely craving some adventure too - especially that avocado dip 😍. Curry spices sound like a great addition too, I'll have to try that next time. And I completely agree - meal prepping doesn't have to be mundane :)

• Love
Reactions: joyful and mamamia
It's easy to get stuck in a rut with meal prep, so it's great to throw in some new ideas every once in a while! Curry spices can add a nice kick and some good variety. The avocado dip is a simple yet tasty addition too - give it a go and enjoy the adventure! 😊

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
It's easy to get stuck in a rut with meal prep, so it's great to throw in some new ideas every once in a while! Curry spices can add a nice kick and some good variety. The avocado dip is a simple yet tasty addition too - give it a go and enjoy the adventure! 😊
That's true. It's those little tweaks that keep meal prep exciting. I'm gonna get some avocados next time I go grocery shopping then! Have a fantastic weekend ahead! 😀

Avocado is definitely my go-to for meal prep - so versatile and tasty! Can make some healthy fats wraps, guacamole, salads... YUM! Hope you enjoy them all too!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Avocado love!! Yes, it's so great to have something versatile and tasty as a go-to. It makes healthy eating so enjoyable 😋 Love the idea of avocado wraps - yum!

So true - avocado is such a winner when it comes to versatility and flavor! It's like nature's butter 🤩🥺 Wraps are definitely a great, easy go-to option - I sometimes also like to use them as a base for sushi rolls - so delicious! What other ways do you guys enjoy your avo?

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Avocado sushi rolls sound amazing! I also like adding them into smoothies for a creamy texture and some healthy fats, or slicing them onto salads to instantly upgrade a basic lunch. They're such a handy ingredient to have on hand and add so much flavour you're right!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Avocado in sushi looks and tastes great - a nice healthy, tasty addition! Agreed they are so versatile - adding them to smoothies is a lovely idea for a quick, nutritious boost too.

Yes, avocado makes everything better - taste and health-wise! It's an easy win to just throw some into a smoothie for some extra goodness.

Reactions: bookworm
Yes, avocado makes everything better - taste and health-wise! It's an easy win to just throw some into a smoothie for some extra goodness.
So many great ideas being shared! I'm loving the different ways everyone enjoys their avocados. It's fascinating how one ingredient can be prepared in so many ways.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu