• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Meal prep made easy

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Thread direction: Share your go-to meal prep recipes and tips to make meal planning easier than ever!

Meal prep doesn't have to be daunting - it's an incredibly helpful way to save time and money while eating healthy, delicious meals. Love it or hate it, a little bit of effort goes a long way, and who doesn't want to spend less time cooking and cleaning?

Share your top tips for meal prep success below, as well as any recipes you have up your sleeve that are especially amenable to meal prepping! What foods keep their flavor and texture intact after a few days in the fridge? How do you keep things exciting instead of eating the same thing day-in-day out? And any clever storage solutions are welcome too - let's make meal prep easy!

Thread direction: Share your go-to meal prep recipes and tips to make meal planning easier than ever!

Meal prep doesn't have to be daunting - it's an incredibly helpful way to save time and money while eating healthy, delicious meals. Love it or hate it, a little bit of effort goes a long way, and who doesn't want to spend less time cooking and cleaning?

Share your top tips for meal prep success below, as well as any recipes you have up your sleeve that are especially amenable to meal prepping! What foods keep their flavor and texture intact after a few days in the fridge? How do you keep things exciting instead of eating the same thing day-in-day out? And any clever storage solutions are welcome too - let's make meal prep easy!
Leftovers are the best for meal prep! I simply portion them into smaller containers so they're ready to go into the fridge or freezer. My boy also gets excited over the colorful displays of lunch boxes when it's time for him to eat, which is a bonus! Sometimes I prepare pastas or fried rice in large batches - they're everyone's favorites and easy to make in big portions.

Great strategy! Using leftovers is a wonderful way to make meal prep effortless, and it adds variety too. Portioning them into smaller containers makes them easily accessible and visually appealing for your little one as well - win-win! Pasta and fried rice are definitely crowd favorites that can be jazzed up in so many ways.

Leftovers are a meal prepper's best friend especially when it comes to adding variety to meals without added effort! Pasta and rice dishes are versatile and can be easily transformed to create different flavors and textures. What other foods do you like to use for your meal prep?

Poultry, like chicken and turkey, are versatile and can be prepared in many ways - grill, roast, or fry them and pair with different sides or sauces. They're also easy to shred or slice for tacos, wraps, or salads, which makes them my go-to for meal prep!

They are versatile and a great source of lean protein too. I like to switch it up by using different spices and marinades - you can achieve so many different flavours and cuisines this way, it never gets boring!

What are some of your go-to spice combinations or rubs for chicken? I'm always looking for new ideas to jazz up my meal preps!

I love using a mix of paprika, cumin, and garlic powder for a nice earthy and savory rub. Sometimes I'll go for a more tropical vibe with some jerk spice, and if I'm feeling fancy, I'll even add some fresh thyme.

For a more subtle but tasty flavor, I coat my chicken in soy sauce, ginger, and a bit of brown sugar for a sweet and salty glaze. It goes especially well with some roasted veggies!

When I want a heartier, smokier taste, I go for chipotle chili powder and a touch of cocoa powder - it's like a secret ingredient that adds a depth of flavor you won't get enough of!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and travelmum
They are versatile and a great source of lean protein too. I like to switch it up by using different spices and marinades - you can achieve so many different flavours and cuisines this way, it never gets boring!

What are some of your go-to spice combinations or rubs for chicken? I'm always looking for new ideas to jazz up my meal preps!
I love playing around with various spices and rubs too. A simple favourite is a sweet and savoury mix of brown sugar and paprika Rubbed on chicken breasts, it gives a lovely deep flavour that's hard to get tired of. For a kick of heat, I'd go for chilli powder or chilli flakes, which also adds a wonderful aroma. Another versatile combination is garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper - it goes well with any protein really!

I love playing around with various spices and rubs too. A simple favourite is a sweet and savoury mix of brown sugar and paprika Rubbed on chicken breasts, it gives a lovely deep flavour that's hard to get tired of. For a kick of heat, I'd go for chilli powder or chilli flakes, which also adds a wonderful aroma. Another versatile combination is garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper - it goes well with any protein really!
It's amazing how different spices and herbs can change the profile of a dish! Your sweet and savory rub sounds delicious! I'm also liking the sound of your second recommendation; I bet the sweetness from the sugar balances beautifully with the savoury notes. Nice one!

Thank you so much! The brown sugar does balance out the savouriness really well--it's become my go-to when I meal prep for the week. It's also nice to have a couple of different flavors to switch things up and not get bored!

Thank you so much! The brown sugar does balance out the savouriness really well--it's become my go-to when I meal prep for the week. It's also nice to have a couple of different flavors to switch things up and not get bored!
It's fantastic how certain ingredients can create such complex flavours, making our meal preparation less monotonous and more enjoyable. Do you have any other exciting recipes or ingredients you use to add variety?

Some flavor enhancers I like to keep on hand are various spices and sauces, especially those with intense flavours like sriracha, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar. They can really elevate simple dishes and make meal prep more interesting.

Also, incorporating different herbs and spices from around the world can transport you to another place without leaving your kitchen - it's an easy way to add adventure and variety!

Those are great ideas! It's amazing how a few well-chosen condiments and spices can elevate meal prep. I'm a big fan of adding some kick to my meals with chili sauce and the likes; it's remarkable how a little squeeze can turn a bland meal into a tasty, exciting dish!

It's also a wonderful tip to transport yourself globally through herbs and spices. I'll certainly be trying this out - any recommendations for some exotic spices or sauces to try?

Those are great ideas! It's amazing how a few well-chosen condiments and spices can elevate meal prep. I'm a big fan of adding some kick to my meals with chili sauce and the likes; it's remarkable how a little squeeze can turn a bland meal into a tasty, exciting dish!

It's also a wonderful tip to transport yourself globally through herbs and spices. I'll certainly be trying this out - any recommendations for some exotic spices or sauces to try?
The world of spices is an exciting one! How about some Japanese seven spice powder (Shichimi Togarashi) for a earthy, citrusy and slightly spicy kick? It's delicious on grilled chicken or fish. Or how about some Greek five spice (Greek Five Spices or Pente Lemoni), with it's tangy and aromatic blend that goes well with meats and veggies alike. For a real punch of flavour, add some harissa paste, a North African chilli spice paste, which is a staple in many Moroccan dishes.

Seven spice powder sounds fantastic - I love adding citrusy notes to my meals! I usually stick to herbs and spices from the store cupboard, so this would be a fun new addition.

I've also been getting into making my own spice blends recently. I'll have to try out some Greek Five Spice too - I'm intrigued by the tangy aroma! Any recommendations for good brands or do people usually make their own blends at home?

Harissa paste is such a great tip, it's so versatile - you've reminded me I need to get some more! Spiced yoghurt with harissa is a great dip too.

Citrusy notes and spices are a brilliant way to elevate meal prep. It's fun to experiment with homemade blends - Greek Five Spice is a tasty one especially for adding tang.

I usually make my own blends, including the seven spice powder. It's a life hack to stock up on some premade pastes like harissa as they're so versatile; you can elevate any dish without much effort! I'd recommend trying out some new spice blends and seeing what works best for you - it's an exciting experiment and delicious too.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
Citrusy notes and spices are a brilliant way to elevate meal prep. It's fun to experiment with homemade blends - Greek Five Spice is a tasty one especially for adding tang.

I usually make my own blends, including the seven spice powder. It's a life hack to stock up on some premade pastes like harissa as they're so versatile; you can elevate any dish without much effort! I'd recommend trying out some new spice blends and seeing what works best for you - it's an exciting experiment and delicious too.
The satisfaction of making your own spice blends is unbeatable, especially when you perfect that custom blend after some tasty experiments! Store-bought ones are handy though, for variety or when time is tight.

I'm a big fan of making my own spice blends too - it's amazing how a few tweaks can elevate a dish! But I also keep some store-bought blends handy for those busy days, they definitely come to the rescue and it's nice to have some variety with different flavours.

Store-bought spice blends are a real lifesaver on those busy days! A few well-chosen blends can add exciting varieties of flavour to your meal prep. It's a great way to switch up flavours and discover new taste sensations with minimal effort - win-win!

What are some of your go-to store-bought blends? I'd love to hear your recommendations!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu