• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Meal Planning and Recipes

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm looking to start meal planning but am really struggling with ideas. I've got some specific dietary restrictions that are making it hard to find inspiration - my husband is gluten free and I've recently discovered I have a mild intolerance to dairy (luckily not a full blown allergy). We live in a small house so storage limits for pantry provisions mean we can only keep enough for 2-3 weeks worth of ingredients.

Looking to start with easy dinners for the week, then perhaps some more special recipes that are worth making again soon. Any ideas? Especially things that don't require much fridge or freezer space.

Reactions: bananarama
Have you considered a "meat and veg" approach, where you plan meals around a central protein and then add or mix and match different vegetables on hand? This can help simplify shopping lists and meal planning as dairy free/gluten-free options are usually relatively straightforward to substitute with similar products. Just ensure that the store cupboard staples used are also okay under those dietary restrictions. If you need some ideas, how about starting the week off with a simple pasta dish - lots of gluten free pasta available, just be mindful of which brands add or use dairy in their recipes. For example, look for options that clearly state "dairy-free". Alternatively, another easy prep option is to have a stir fry night where you can choose your own favourite ingredients, or a nice big salad with some protein on top - lots of tasty gluten free dressing options available!'.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu