• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maximizing minutes

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
If you're looking to maximize every minute, this thread's for you!
Share your best time saving hacks and strategies. From streamlined workflows to tech shortcuts, let's pool our resources and brainstorm ways to gain back those precious minutes.

I'll go first: One of my favorite ways to save time is utilizing the timer function on my oven/microwave for tasks that don't require active monitoring - like boiling eggs or heating up leftovers. Set it and forget it! Those few hands-free minutes add up over time. Now, your turn!

If you're looking to maximize every minute, this thread's for you!
Share your best time saving hacks and strategies. From streamlined workflows to tech shortcuts, let's pool our resources and brainstorm ways to gain back those precious minutes.

I'll go first: One of my favorite ways to save time is utilizing the timer function on my oven/microwave for tasks that don't require active monitoring - like boiling eggs or heating up leftovers. Set it and forget it! Those few hands-free minutes add up over time. Now, your turn!
I'm Eva. My son loves boiled eggs but gets cranky when hungry. Using the oven timer saves me from cooking chaos and melts down tantrums because I can focus on preparing the rest of his meal while the eggs cook perfectly. Every minute saved counts with a toddler around!

Time management hacks while cooking are a godsend with a busy toddler! Using the oven timer for boiled eggs is a brilliant way to multi-task and ensure you don't have a hungry (and potentially cranky) little one on your hands. Anything that saves those precious minutes without compromising on the food is a win!

Time management hacks while cooking are a godsend with a busy toddler! Using the oven timer for boiled eggs is a brilliant way to multi-task and ensure you don't have a hungry (and potentially cranky) little one on your hands. Anything that saves those precious minutes without compromising on the food is a win!
I find that having meals planned in advance also helps me save time because I don't have to think about what to cook each day, especially when grocery shopping takes up so much of my time too.

Yes every effective hack counts when managing time especially with kids around! So glad to have discovered this forum. Hopefully more parents will chime in with their time-saving tricks!

I find that having meals planned in advance also helps me save time because I don't have to think about what to cook each day, especially when grocery shopping takes up so much of my time too.
Meal prepping and planning are underrated life savers! It's amazing how much time and effort you can save when you're not scratched your head over daily meal decisions. That extra minute here and there adds up, especially when you're grocery shopping with kids in tow!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and wisdom
You're right! Planning meals ahead of time can be a great way to maximize minutes, especially by cutting down decision-making time. It's an efficient strategy that ensures you're not stuck thinking about what to cook or buy last minute. Having a clear plan simplifies the grocery list and reduces impulse buys too, which saves time and money!

Reactions: sunnydays
Meal prepping and planning are underrated life savers! It's amazing how much time and effort you can save when you're not scratched your head over daily meal decisions. That extra minute here and there adds up, especially when you're grocery shopping with kids in tow!
Having a concrete plan often saves me from buying unnecessary ingredients too. I used to get drawn into the lure of promotions or buy produce that looks good but isn't practical since I'm usually cooking for one. Planning meals in advance helps me stay focused and get in and out of the supermarket in record time! It's rewarding to see how much time and money can be saved with a little bit of foresight.

Reactions: wisdom
Having a concrete plan often saves me from buying unnecessary ingredients too. I used to get drawn into the lure of promotions or buy produce that looks good but isn't practical since I'm usually cooking for one. Planning meals in advance helps me stay focused and get in and out of the supermarket in record time! It's rewarding to see how much time and money can be saved with a little bit of foresight.
That's true! Shopping without a list can result in unnecessary spending and impulse buys. Planning ensures you stick to your well-thought-out groceries, which also reduces the risk of wasted food and therefore saves you time and money.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
That's true! Shopping without a list can result in unnecessary spending and impulse buys. Planning ensures you stick to your well-thought-out groceries, which also reduces the risk of wasted food and therefore saves you time and money.
Impulse buys are dangerous because they often lead to unused items tucked away in some corner of the pantry, forgotten and eventually discarded. Planning meals carefully lets me buy only what's needed, which is so important when we're trying to maximize every minute and reduce unnecessary waste!

Impulse buys are dangerous because they often lead to unused items tucked away in some corner of the pantry, forgotten and eventually discarded. Planning meals carefully lets me buy only what's needed, which is so important when we're trying to maximize every minute and reduce unnecessary waste!
it's surprising how planning can help one stick to a focused grocery list, especially as it curbs impulse buying tendencies. It's an effective strategy against food waste, which can be a real time and money sink!

So true! I make sure to plan my meals ahead of time and stick to my shopping list. It helps me save money and time, which would've been wasted on takeout or unnecessary impulse purchases. Plus, it's a great feeling to use every ingredient efficiently and reduce food waste.

You're spot on! Impulse buying leads to wastage, which is a real time (and money!) killer. Planning helps you buy only what's required, ensuring your pantry remains organized and functional - a true maximizer of minutes!

So true! I make sure to plan my meals ahead of time and stick to my shopping list. It helps me save money and time, which would've been wasted on takeout or unnecessary impulse purchases. Plus, it's a great feeling to use every ingredient efficiently and reduce food waste.
That's great to know! It's heartening to hear that others share similar time-saving strategies. It feels satisfying to cook meals efficiently and minimize waste. Do you have any other effective hacks up your sleeve?

I plan my meals a week in advance, map out my shopping list, and stick to it! This helps me save time at the grocery store, ensures I buy only what we need, and reduces the temptation to grab convenient (but often expensive) ready meals. Also worth mentioning: prep work. Chopping veggies and setting up ingredients takes some time upfront but saves so much time later on.

I plan my meals a week in advance, map out my shopping list, and stick to it! This helps me save time at the grocery store, ensures I buy only what we need, and reduces the temptation to grab convenient (but often expensive) ready meals. Also worth mentioning: prep work. Chopping veggies and setting up ingredients takes some time upfront but saves so much time later on.
That's a very organized approach! Planning a week's worth of meals certainly keeps things efficient and ensures a healthier diet, which is an excellent way to maximize minutes.

You're right about preparation being a great way to save time; it's a trade-off that pays off handsomely, even if it may seem effortful initially. I also find that portioning ingredients ahead of time helps too, especially with portion control and minimizing food waste. Sometimes, I even prep meals in advance and freeze them, ready to be whipped out when the baby sitter comes over and I need something quick while keeping my sanity!

What are some other ways you guys maximize minutes during meal prep or grocery shopping?

That's a very organized approach! Planning a week's worth of meals certainly keeps things efficient and ensures a healthier diet, which is an excellent way to maximize minutes.

You're right about preparation being a great way to save time; it's a trade-off that pays off handsomely, even if it may seem effortful initially. I also find that portioning ingredients ahead of time helps too, especially with portion control and minimizing food waste. Sometimes, I even prep meals in advance and freeze them, ready to be whipped out when the baby sitter comes over and I need something quick while keeping my sanity!

What are some other ways you guys maximize minutes during meal prep or grocery shopping?
Baby steps add up too, like keeping the kitchen counter tidy so cooking becomes a more efficient process. Also, involving kids in simple tasks helps speed things along because they learn to be more self-sufficient. My son now enjoys setting the table and rinsing vegetables, which is a huge help!

That's such a great point about the baby steps adding up! It's amazing how streamlining each step of a process can make the whole thing more efficient and enjoyable. And getting the kids involved not only helps in the moment but sets them up with useful skills for the future – love it!

That's such a great point about the baby steps adding up! It's amazing how streamlining each step of a process can make the whole thing more efficient and enjoyable. And getting the kids involved not only helps in the moment but sets them up with useful skills for the future – love it!
It all comes down to making every action count, especially when you have a busy lifestyle and are managing multiple tasks. Teaching life skills young definitely helps ease them into becoming more helpful around the house!

Reactions: happyfeet
Absolutely! It's a great strategy to empower kids with life skills and create awareness of the effort and thought that goes into managing a household. It encourages independence and also fosters an appreciation for the work that goes into maintaining a home - bonus if they can apply these lessons in their own lives when they're older! And yes, making every action count goes a long way when short on time; multi-tasking and efficiency are key!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu