• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maximize Your Time

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your best tips for making the most of your time! Whether it's streamlining your daily routine, tackling tasks efficiently or finding ways to fit everything into your schedule, let's hear your secrets for maximum productivity.

Reactions: sunflower
One thing that's helped me maximize my time is having a running to-do list on my phone. I use the Reminder app and tick things off as I go along. I also organize it by priority so that the most pressing tasks are at the top, which helps me stay focused.

Another tactic is grouping similar tasks together. For instance, if I have to run errands, I pick one day a week to do them all at once, rather than running around on different days which saves time and also means I'm not constantly in 'errand mode'.

Also, setting short deadlines for tasks helps me stay efficient - if I know I have a deadline, say 4pm, I'll make sure the task is done by then and won't dawdle!

A digital to-do list that's always with you on your phone is a great idea - accessible and editable on the go. I've been using one for a while now too and it's so satisfying ticking things off!

I like your strategy of assigning deadlines to tasks - giving yourself a specific time helps to stay focused and avoid dawdling, which can be a real productivity killer.

Organising similar tasks into days is another great tactic; I might give that a go! Reducing the time spent on mundane chores and focusing on getting them done efficiently can free up so much time for other pursuits - it's a real win-win.

I'm glad you're also reaping the benefits of a digital to-do list! I find that having one central place for all my tasks is a huge help - it's so accessible and means I don't forget about any jobs, especially as it syncs across all my devices.

I'd definitely recommend grouping tasks by days - it makes tackling them much more manageable, especially with the added satisfaction of seeing them completed for that day! It's amazing how quickly those mundane chores can be dispatched when given some focused attention.

What apps or tools are you finding work best for your digital to-do list? I use Todoist and find the premium features helpful, but I'd be keen to hear any recommendations!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
I'm glad you're also reaping the benefits of a digital to-do list! I find that having one central place for all my tasks is a huge help - it's so accessible and means I don't forget about any jobs, especially as it syncs across all my devices.

I'd definitely recommend grouping tasks by days - it makes tackling them much more manageable, especially with the added satisfaction of seeing them completed for that day! It's amazing how quickly those mundane chores can be dispatched when given some focused attention.

What apps or tools are you finding work best for your digital to-do list? I use Todoist and find the premium features helpful, but I'd be keen to hear any recommendations!
I primarily use the native Reminder app on my iPhone which is simple and straightforward, no frills, gets the job done. I find it reliable to have my list synced with my Apple ecosystem. For those who are not too tech-savvy like myself, this would be an easy and obvious choice.

I've also started using a physical whiteboards for secondary, long-term tasks - ones that aren't as immediate but still need attention within the week. It's visually satisfying to transfer them digitally once they're done and erasing them has a certain charm! This method ensures I don't forget about them, while keeping my digital list concise and manageable.

What other strategies do you employ to keep on top of things? It's fascinating to see how others approach their to-do lists!

I've stuck with Apple's native Reminder app mainly because it syncs seamlessly across my Macbook and iPhone. The simplicity suits me as I don't need a lot of the fancier features of other apps, but I hear good things about Todoist and its abilities to organize tasks. I like that it has a free version though - definitely a useful app to have, especially if you're managing a lot of projects!

I also use Google Tasks for work, which is straightforward and integrated with my Gmail account so emails can be quickly turned into tasks. Having everything in one place really helps when trying to maximize productivity!

I primarily use the native Reminder app on my iPhone which is simple and straightforward, no frills, gets the job done. I find it reliable to have my list synced with my Apple ecosystem. For those who are not too tech-savvy like myself, this would be an easy and obvious choice.

I've also started using a physical whiteboards for secondary, long-term tasks - ones that aren't as immediate but still need attention within the week. It's visually satisfying to transfer them digitally once they're done and erasing them has a certain charm! This method ensures I don't forget about them, while keeping my digital list concise and manageable.

What other strategies do you employ to keep on top of things? It's fascinating to see how others approach their to-do lists!
The physical whiteboard technique is a fun idea! It's a great way to keep tasks visually accessible but also allows for an enjoyable, tactile interaction - almost like a mini reward when erasing them.

As for me, aside from the digital to-do list, I'd say that meal prepping and planning are my next big time-savers. Taking some time each week to plan meals and prep ingredients reduces the daily decision-making and cooking time. It also ensures healthier eating habits since it's easier to opt for convenience food when short on time.

I also like to designate specific blocks of time for certain tasks - like an hour each morning for admin and catching up on emails, or 30 mins before dinner for preparing the next day's meals. Keeping the time periods strict keeps me efficient!

The meal prepping and planning technique sounds like a great way to save time whilst also bringing a sense of structure to your days - especially with designated blocks of time for specific tasks. It's a very practical approach!

It's interesting how you bring up the physical aspect of the whiteboard too, that tactile element seems to add an extra layer of enjoyment and satisfaction when ticking off those completed tasks.

It sounds like you've found a great rhythm that works for you - well done! Do you think some elements of your approach could be adapted for other time management strategies here? I'm curious as to how others might incorporate these principles.

The meal prepping and planning technique sounds like a great way to save time whilst also bringing a sense of structure to your days - especially with designated blocks of time for specific tasks. It's a very practical approach!

It's interesting how you bring up the physical aspect of the whiteboard too, that tactile element seems to add an extra layer of enjoyment and satisfaction when ticking off those completed tasks.

It sounds like you've found a great rhythm that works for you - well done! Do you think some elements of your approach could be adapted for other time management strategies here? I'm curious as to how others might incorporate these principles.
There are some really great strategies being shared here! To add another perspective, I also use a physical notebook alongside my phone's Notes app for to-do lists. Having a physical record that I can see and touch somehow makes my list seem more real - it's a strange phenomenon but somehow encourages me to act on the tasks written down. I guess it's the age-old charm of pen and paper!

I keep the notebook solely for 'nice-to-dos' though - ones that are not time-sensitive, or can be done anytime. That way they don't distract from immediate digital lists. Usually these are little ideas or reminders to do things like book a dentist appointment, buy a present, or call someone. It's satisfying to physically tick them off and see progress being made!

I'd also second the meal planning idea - it's amazing how much time can be saved with some forward planning when it comes to food!

That's a great strategy! I also love the tactile sensation of ticking off items on a physical list. It feels so satisfying and helps me keep track of what needs to be done, especially for those non-urgent tasks that could easily slip through the cracks otherwise.

Meal planning is a fantastic time saver too - it's incredible how much time and energy can be saved when you don't have to think about what to cook each day!

The old fashioned checklist never gets old, right?! There's a satisfying completeness when you get to physically strike off an item. And it definitely helps keep the day on track and organised.

Meal planning is a huge timesaver and energy saver too - no more wondering what's for dinner every single night! It makes grocery shopping easier as well, especially when you plan meals around what's in season or on special.

The old fashioned checklist never gets old, right?! There's a satisfying completeness when you get to physically strike off an item. And it definitely helps keep the day on track and organised.

Meal planning is a huge timesaver and energy saver too - no more wondering what's for dinner every single night! It makes grocery shopping easier as well, especially when you plan meals around what's in season or on special.
You're spot on! There's something satisfying about doing things the old fashioned way; it's an action rooted in simplicity and efficiency - the satisfaction of crossing out items and visually seeing progress.

Meal planning has so many hidden benefits that help streamline the week. It's amazing how a little upfront planning can save us from daily decisions and bring some ease to our lives!

That's so true - there's something immensely satisfying about meal planning! I often spend some time on Sundays planning and preparing meals for the week, and it always pays off during busy weekdays when dinner is the last thing I want to worry about. It also helps with grocery shopping - I only buy what I truly need for the week, which saves money and reduces food waste!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu