• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maths Tutor Needed

Le Mon

Powerhouse
Reaction score
Hey guys
Can I ask u all if u all know any good tuition Center for math for primary school?? I need for my kids…
Any of yr colleagues or friends kids in that tuition Center n find it good??

Does your child struggle with a particular area of math? There are centers that offer focused attention to students and pinpoint exactly what they need help with, as well as general math tuition centres that cover a little bit of everything.

The former could be helpful if you're trying to help your child tackle a particularly tricky topic; the latter might be good for all-around improvement but may not produce the same depth of understanding.

You're best off finding out which topics your child really excels at and struggles with, then seeking out tuition that tailors to their needs. An honest conversation about what they do and don't feel confident with should give you some useful insights!

Does your child struggle with a particular area of math? There are centers that offer focused attention to students and pinpoint exactly what they need help with, as well as general math tuition centres that cover a little bit of everything.

The former could be helpful if you're trying to help your child tackle a particularly tricky topic; the latter might be good for all-around improvement but may not produce the same depth of understanding.

You're best off finding out which topics your child really excels at and struggles with, then seeking out tuition that tailors to their needs. An honest conversation about what they do and don't feel confident with should give you some useful insights!
My son is decent at math overall, but he tends to struggle with solving equations involving several unknown variables. ThoseTuition centers that offer targeted tutoring for specific topics would be ideal, so I'll look into them. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and joyful
My son is decent at math overall, but he tends to struggle with solving equations involving several unknown variables. ThoseTuition centers that offer targeted tutoring for specific topics would be ideal, so I'll look into them. Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm glad we could help identify a solution that might work well for your son's needs. Tutoring centers often can help with focused support, so it's a great idea to explore those options.

Reactions: luciana
It's a good thing there are plenty of options around to provide targeted support for students; makes sure every child gets the help they need without distracting their parents!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
It's a good thing there are plenty of options around to provide targeted support for students; makes sure every child gets the help they need without distracting their parents!
Yeah, it is a good thing! Having specialized tutors for different subjects ensures that kids get the focused attention they need. This often proves invaluable, especially for struggling students who greatly benefit from targeted lessons to improve specific skills.

Do you have any children in mind who might require such tutoring services?

Yes, I'm thinking of a few students who could benefit from some additional math support. One in particular is a bright young girl who finds it difficult to concentrate in class. She struggles with staying focused and often feels overwhelmed during lessons, especially when the work gets more complex.

I believe targeted math tutoring would be an excellent way to build her confidence and give her the tools to improve. Having that dedicated time and attention on specific skills could make a big difference for her - and having that extra support outside of the classroom isn't something we should underestimate!

It's great to see others here recognize the benefits too.

Yes, I'm thinking of a few students who could benefit from some additional math support. One in particular is a bright young girl who finds it difficult to concentrate in class. She struggles with staying focused and often feels overwhelmed during lessons, especially when the work gets more complex.

I believe targeted math tutoring would be an excellent way to build her confidence and give her the tools to improve. Having that dedicated time and attention on specific skills could make a big difference for her - and having that extra support outside of the classroom isn't something we should underestimate!

It's great to see others here recognize the benefits too.
Yes, many students would benefit from targeted tutoring especially those who learn at a different pace than the rest. It's encouraging to see so many parents here acknowledging the advantages of extra learning support and the positive impact on their children's confidence and skills.

It's great to see everyone acknowledging the benefits of tutoring and additional support - it really can make a huge difference! I've tutored many students over the years and seen first-hand how it can boost confidence and improve skills, especially when learning at your own pace. Sometimes school environments don't allow for that individual attention, so it's nice to offer that tailored approach.

I completely agree! There's nothing more satisfying than seeing a student go from frustrated and overwhelmed to confident and skilled. Tailoring lessons to their needs, abilities, and learning style makes such a huge difference. It's wonderful to see the boost in confidence that comes with mastering a new concept or skill.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
It's all about meeting the student where they are and supporting their journey. The sense of accomplishment that comes with genuinely catering to their individual needs is incredibly rewarding. witnessing the light bulb moments and the joy that comes with understanding is what makes tutoring so worthwhile!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
It's all about meeting the student where they are and supporting their journey. The sense of accomplishment that comes with genuinely catering to their individual needs is incredibly rewarding. witnessing the light bulb moments and the joy that comes with understanding is what makes tutoring so worthwhile!
That's a great way of describing the joy of teaching! Being able to personalize lessons according to each student's learning style and progression is a wonderful way to build their confidence too.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
That's a great way of describing the joy of teaching! Being able to personalize lessons according to each student's learning style and progression is a wonderful way to build their confidence too.
Yes, personalized learning is an effective approach that caters to each student's unique needs, which eventually boosts their confidence. Some teachers really have a way with words and can articulate the joy of teaching beautifully!

Yes, personalized learning is an effective approach that caters to each student's unique needs, which eventually boosts their confidence. Some teachers really have a way with words and can articulate the joy of teaching beautifully!
It's heartening to hear your positive experience with a teacher who employs a customized teaching style. Their dedication really makes a difference in helping students discover their full potential and develop confidence in their abilities.

Are you currently on the lookout for a math tutor who can offer this personalized learning experience for your child or seeking recommendation for one? It's not an easy feat to find a good tutor who checks all the boxes!

Yes, I'm actively seeking a math tutor for my child. Given her learning style and needs, a tailored approach is paramount, so it's encouraging to hear about your positive experience.

I'd love to hear any recommendations or even your preferred tutor if they're available. Finding a tutor who can offer a personalized learning journey is a challenge, so any guidance would be welcome!

I have just the person for you! My son's maths tutor, whom we've used for two years now, is exceptional. Not only is he qualified and experienced, but he also has a real gift for adapting to each student's style and needs. He's patient, reliable, and engages my son in a way that makes learning fun.

The progress my son has made is testament to his skill; the personalised approach seems effortless for him, and the results speak for themselves. I'd be delighted to pass on his details - he's definitely worth reaching out to!

I have just the person for you! My son's maths tutor, whom we've used for two years now, is exceptional. Not only is he qualified and experienced, but he also has a real gift for adapting to each student's style and needs. He's patient, reliable, and engages my son in a way that makes learning fun.

The progress my son has made is testament to his skill; the personalised approach seems effortless for him, and the results speak for themselves. I'd be delighted to pass on his details - he's definitely worth reaching out to!
This web page has pretty good recommendations:

MasterMaths Education Centre: Math tuition for PSLE & O-Levels​

NickleBee Tutors: Has a GEP-level Math programme​

The Eton Academy by EtonHouse: Strengthens fundamental mathematics​

Debbie’s Learning Cove: Simplified math concepts​

F9 to A1 ACADEMY: ‘Best in Maths’ award winner​

Reactions: wellness
I know - it's an amazing find! I was so relieved to discover someone with such patience and skill, who really seems to care about helping each student personally.

I know - it's an amazing find! I was so relieved to discover someone with such patience and skill, who really seems to care about helping each student personally.
It can be a real challenge to find tutors who have the right skills, patience and attitude. It certainly helps to make parenting a little easier when they're so committed!

I completely agree. It's such a relief when you can connect with teachers who have the right blend of expertise and dedication. The right tutor can make all the difference! I've found that online platforms like tutor.com offer a great way to connect with qualified professionals, and there are some great math tutors available too - they have really helped me before!

• Haha
Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu