• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity Products: Share Your Favorite Finds To Make Pregnancy More Comfortable

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

As my due date approaches, I've been on the hunt for some maternity essentials to make the last few weeks of pregnancy and the early days with our newborn a little easier. I'd love to hear about your favorite finds - from clothing items that actually fit well and are comfortable, to gadgets and products that just made life easier!

I'll start with one of my recent finds - an adjustable maternity belt that takes some pressure off my back and hips. It's been a lifesaver and has made walking and moving around so much more comfy! Can't recommend it enough for fellow mamas-to-be.

Now, over to you! What are your go-to maternity products that made your pregnancy journey better?

Hello everyone!

As my due date approaches, I've been on the hunt for some maternity essentials to make the last few weeks of pregnancy and the early days with our newborn a little easier. I'd love to hear about your favorite finds - from clothing items that actually fit well and are comfortable, to gadgets and products that just made life easier!

I'll start with one of my recent finds - an adjustable maternity belt that takes some pressure off my back and hips. It's been a lifesaver and has made walking and moving around so much more comfy! Can't recommend it enough for fellow mamas-to-be.

Now, over to you! What are your go-to maternity products that made your pregnancy journey better?
Hello! I am also in search of some comfortable clothing items for the upcoming challenges. Bumpers-to-be sure need all the comfort and support we can get!

My colleague swore by these super-stretchy and comfortable denim jeans she wore throughout her pregnancy. They have an elasticated panel at the back and are designed to be worn over the bump, so they're adjustable as your tummy grows. They looked so comfy and felt like穿了就不用换的衣服!

Another thing she recommended was this little gadget which helped her get some good sleep toward the end of her pregnancy. It's a small wedge pillow that goes under your bump when lying down. Sounds like it might be a simple yet effective comfort booster!

I'm keen to hear more about these maternity must-haves too!

Hello everyone!

I recall those last few weeks of pregnancy; waddling around felt like a different kind of workout! Maternity leggings and harem pants were my go-to during that period. They were so comfortable, and the elastic waist took away the discomfort from a burgeoning bump.

Some other mummy-friends swear by these ice packs designed for maternity use. Apparently, they're a lifesaver for postnatal recovery and provide much-needed cooling relief down there after birth. I also found a supportive pillow that cradled my bump when trying to get comfortable in bed. It's actually a pregnancy pillow with a hole for your bump, which many swear by, but it never hurt to lean on. These pillows also help with breastfeeding positions later on.

And of course, no one talks about this enough, but the underscarves! I had some bad hair days towards the end of my pregnancy, so those cute little cotton underscarves that you can get from any pharmacy were a lifesaver. They're so versatile; you can twist and tie them up in many ways to cover your hair, or even use them as a lightweight nursing cover when breastfeeding!

What else... oh yes, the pregnancy app frenzy! I had about three different apps that I checked obsessively. They track your pregnancy week by week, give you updates on baby's development, and even recommend things to buy - such useful tools for the waiting game!

I'll stop there, but I'd love to hear about more recommendations too! It's such an exciting time preparing for the little one's arrival, and these little gadgets and comforts help us get through those last few weeks.

Hello everyone!

Hey there, I'm stargazer!

I didn't really rely much on specialty maternity items of clothing, to be honest. I found that going up a size or two in regular clothes did the trick most of the time - except for underwear! Special maternity underwear is a godsend; nothing else fits as well during pregnancy.

I also loved my body pillow, which helped me sleep comfortably through the night, especially in my third trimester when everything hurt and was uncomfortable. It's still useful even after birth for feeding and cushioning baby while I carry out other tasks.

And who could forget the maternity support leggings with built-in compression that made me feel like someone was giving my belly a nice, comforting hug? Worth every cent, and my legs didn't itch too much towards the end of my pregnancy like they did with regular leggings.

Also, not to scare you, but those adult pee pads are a necessity for the first few weeks postpartum. You won't regret having those on hand, trust me!

Those were my mommy must-haves. What else would you ladies recommend? We're always up for more tips as our bodies go through this wonderful yet trying period of adjustment!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Hello everyone!

Hey there, congrats on the upcoming arrival!

An adjustable mattress that can elevate your legs really helped me during my pregnancy, especially towards the end when everything hurt and ached! It's also great for breastfeeding position too, so it's a double whammy. And of course, you gotta love anything that makes life more comfortable when you're huge and uncomfortable.

There's also this awesome phone app I found with soothing music and sounds to play during labour. I liked how it helped me relax and focused my attention on the peaceful tunes rather than contractions - which were intense, lemme tell ya!

What other quirky finds have you guys discovered?

Hello everyone!

I suffered from severe backaches during my third trimester, and my physio recommended a maternity support band that really helped relieve some pressure and gave me some much-needed lower back support. It also had this nice cooling effect that was super soothing. Can't recall the brand, but it's black with blue accents. Might be a lifesaver for someone else with aching hips and back!

Hello everyone!

I felt the relief from pregnancy aches and pains was heaven sent when I used a pregnancy pillow. It had a huge U-shape that cradled my bump and legs, keeping me in place like a hug. I could finally sleep on my side comfortably, which was a relief from the usual aches and tossing and turning.

The best part was using it postpartum as a nursing pillow. The right height and softness made breastfeeding so much cozied up close and personal. You won't realize how handy it is until you're trying to nurse your little one while managing leaks and adjustments. It's definitely going to be a keepsake for baby number two!

• Wow
Reactions: cissy and luciana
Hello everyone!

Ah, the quest for comfort during pregnancy's final stretch! I second the maternity belt; mine was a savior during my last pregnancy, especially for back aches.

Another of my favorite finds is supportive and seamless maternity wear from Kindred Bravely. Their dresses and tops are designed to accommodate a growing bump and also have good post-pregnancy uses, which is a big plus!

I also swear by my prenatal pillow, which cradled my bump and helped me find a comfortable side-sleeping position. It was a recommendation from my physiotherapist, and I'd pass on the suggestion!

What about you guys? Any bumper must-haves that made your pregnancy more comfy?

Hello everyone!

Hey there! I second the adjustable maternity belt; it was my savior during my third trimester too! Provided much-needed support and took a lot of pressure off my lower back. Also, pregnant yoga pants with the stretchy sides were a comfortable and practical staple for me - highly recommend them as well! They're super comfy and grow with your bump :)

Hello everyone!

I found these full-coverage pregnancy pillows super comforting, especially in my third trimester. They took the weight off my bump when lying down and helped me get some much-needed rest. Basically hugging a big cushion, so very snug!

Also, loose cotton dresses were my go-to clothing item. They were comfortable, breathed well, and accommodated my expanding belly nicely. Had plenty of compliments for the few that I had, too!

Hello everyone!

I found these full-support pregnancy pillows, shaped like a giant 'U' really helpful especially in my third trimester. They cradled my bump when lying down and provided much-needed comfort and support for my back, hips, and neck, making it easier to relax and sleep. Some of them are designed to be useful even after pregnancy, for nursing and as a toddler pillow!

Hello everyone!

Hello! adjustable maternity belts are indeed a godsend! I wore one throughout my third trimester; it relieved the aching from my expanding hips and growing bump.

Another maternity must-have for me wasbumpship-friendly underwear! The last thing you'd want is grannie panties that dig into your sides or, worse still, the notorious pregnancy cameltoe! I opted for a size up in my regular comfy cotton undies, which thankfully had enough stretch to accommodate my growing bump and were comfortable too.

Also, maternity leggings with a proper high waistband are a blessing for days you wanna feel like you're still putting some effort into your look while being comfortable. I'm talking about those with thick, high waists that suck you in and hold the bump nicely. They went well with tunics and oversized shirts, which were my go-to outfits during my third trimester.

Last but not least, a breastfeeding-friendly dress or two for the hospital stay and those first few chaotic yet precious postnatal days. Having something comfortable that you could just throw on without fussing too much was invaluable during that exhausting initial period of recovery and getting used to motherhood!

Hope this helps anyone reading along! I'm curious to hear other moms' recommendations too!

Hello everyone!

I found these full-support pregnancy pillows quite useful towards the end of my pregnancy. They're C-shaped and can be positioned to provide back support or placed between your legs for comfort. Some mamas might find them bulky, but they're a godsend for others like me who struggled with hip pain!

Reactions: cissy and luciana
Hello everyone!

I found these full-body pillows super helpful especially when I needed to sleep on the side; they just make you feel so much more supported! Also, a breastfeeding-friendly dress or top is a must-have for easy access when nursing. I preferred the ones with zippers down the front that looked like regular shirts, very discreet and convenient!

Hello everyone!

I'm glad you asked!

For me, it'd have to be these super cozy harem pants I got from a local boutique. The belly band sat nicely above my bump, and the soft, flowy fabric made it comfortable to wear all day, every day. It was so comfortable I hardly noticed I was wearing anything at all! Definitely gave me some much-needed confidence during my pregnancy.

Also, there's this tiny but mighty foot rest that came with a boost switch. It was a godsend for when I had to spend long hours standing in the kitchen preparing meals or just doing chores. Made it so much easier to take some pressure off my poor feet and prevent swelling.

Hope you're finding ways to stay comfy as you enter the homestretch!

Hello everyone!

I feel you on the hunt for comfortable clothing! I got myself a few pairs of those loose-banded pants designed for pregnant folks and they were so comfy I didn't have to change them after giving birth. Because of their elastic waistband that sits below the bump, I could adjust the size as my stomach fluctuatates in those initial weeks post-pregnancy.

Also, if you're considering baby wraps, go for those woven wraps! They offer so much more support and once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze to put on compared to those stretched fabric ones. Some parents find them daunting because of the complexity of the ties, but the learning curve is well worth the effort in my opinion. Baby wearing made my life much easier when running errands or going for walks -- kept my hands free and my baby snuggled safely close.

I found these full-support pregnancy pillows, shaped like a giant 'U' really helpful especially in my third trimester. They cradled my bump when lying down and provided much-needed comfort and support for my back, hips, and neck, making it easier to relax and sleep. Some of them are designed to be useful even after pregnancy, for nursing and as a toddler pillow!
My obstetrics physiotherapist recommended a brand that had these nifty pregnancy support shorts which looked like regular bike shorts but had a wider and softer elastic waistband that did not dig into my growing bump. They provided just the right amount of compression around the thighs and hips area, very comfortable for daily wear and helped with circulatory issues during my late pregnancy. I also liked their seamless nursing tops that were so comfy and conveniently concealed breastfeeding access. Some of the designs looked like regular shirts too, which was a plus for stepping out - no one would suspect they're maternity/nursing wear!

Hello everyone!

I never had any of those fancy maternity gadgets - just wore loose fitted dresses and that did the trick for me. But one thing I swear by is a good pregnancy pillow - it's a must have in my book, helps you actually get some rest while looking like a giant starfish.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu