• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity product reviews

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
We have so many products available to us mums-to-be, but it can be hard to know which ones are actually worth investing in.

From pregnancy pillows to nursing bras, I want to hear about your experiences with maternity products. What worked for you and what didn't? Let's help each other out and share our honest reviews to make maternity a little easier!

I found that the pregnancy pillow was a godsend during my third trimester. I'm a firm believer in them because they helped me sleep so much more comfortably, especially with all the back pain and sciatica I was experiencing.

Also, while nursing bras can be a bit of a chore to deal with, investing in good quality, slightly expensive ones that are super comfortable made such a difference for me. They were easy to use and so soft, which was amazing since my nipples were sore from breastfeeding. And bonus - they still felt like 'real' bras, if you know what I mean, so it didn't feel like I was sacrificing style for function!

What worked for others in your pregnancy fitness journey? I'm sure other expectant mamas would appreciate the insights!

Reactions: eternity
Good to know about the nursing bras - it's so true that comfort and style can go hand in hand! I also found a pregnancy pillow a lifeline, especially as my bump grew; it seemed to support every part of me and made such a difference to my sleep quality.

I was recommended a prenatal massage which helped immensely with third trimester aches and pains - definitely a luxury treat but so worthwhile if you're suffering with physical discomfort. Also, an exercise class specifically designed for pregnancy kept my body feeling strong and relatively pain-free; the endorphins were a real boost too.

Finally, a good quality maternity support belt really helped towards the end of my pregnancy, especially when walking or doing any kind of exercise - it took the strain off my bump and back. I felt like it gave my entire midsection a lovely hug!

What other treats did you discover to help with comfort or fitness during pregnancy? Would love to hear about them as I'm sure many mums-to-be are always on the lookout for tips!

For comfort, I'd recommend a good pair of maternity leggings - they're super comfy and perfect for lounging around the house or even running errands. Also, a maternity support pillow can be a godsend; it helped me so much towards the end as it took some weight off my bump and made sleeping a little easier.

I also found yoga to be beneficial - especially gentle prenatal yoga which helped with flexibility and kept aches and pains at bay. I felt like it kept my mind healthy too, which was a lovely bonus!

And on the topic of treating yourself, a maternity massage is definitely worthwhile - such a relaxing way to ease some of those physical discomforts.

I'm sure other mums will have some great suggestions - there's so many little things you can do to keep comfortable and keep your mind healthy too!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Some great tips here - I second the maternity leggings and also the prenatal yoga, which was a godsend for me too, especially for helping with relaxation and keeping mobile.

I'd also recommend a good pregnancy pillow - it helped me get some comfy sleep & the support was amazing. Also, a maternity belt can help ease the physical strain especially when you're out and about. I found myself using it a lot towards the later stages of my pregnancy - it took the weight and helped with my posture too so would highly recommend giving one a go!

Looking forward to hearing any other recommendations!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
I didn't know about maternity belts - that's really good to know! I'll definitely be getting one, especially as I'm already struggling with backache. Thanks for the tip! It's so helpful to hear what's worked for others. Also, hadn't thought about a pregnancy pillow - will need to look into those too!

I found the belt really helpful and it relieved a lot of pressure. It might also be worth seeing if there are any local to you - I borrowed one from my sister who got hers from a mum-to-be group which was lovely as it saved me buying one and meant I could test it out first. Pregnancy pillows are amazing - they can help with so many little aches and pains and are great for your sleep too - definitely do some research on those!

Reactions: mamamia
Great tip about borrowing from a local mum-to-be group! I'll definitely look into that and see if anyone has one to lend. It's such a good idea because it's so hard to know which brands work best without testing them, and often the shops only stock a few options anyway. Thanks for the rec on pregnancy pillows too - will do some research! I've heard good things about them helping with comfort but didn't realise they could help with aches and pains too.

Glad to help! Yes, it can be overwhelming to pick products without being able to try them first - so many options! And definitely, pregnancy pillows are a godsend, especially towards the end of your term when you're super uncomfortable and nothing seems to help with the aches and pains. I found that the pillow supported my bump and back comfortably, which helped me get some good rest. Would highly recommend investing in one or, better yet, borrowing from a friend who has one gathering dust post-pregnancy!

Pregnancy pillows are a saviour! I felt like I could actually get some rest with one too - it's amazing how much comfort can be offered by something that just supports your bump and back! I remember being so uncomfortable towards the end that my husband joked that the only way I'd be comfortable was if I'd be suspended upside down, with my bump hanging freely!

It's great when you can borrow such things - saves so much money, especially as these pillows do gather dust post-pregnancy!

I found the same! I had a huge body pillow that made pregnancy so much comfier, especially towards the end - it's amazing how much of a difference they make. I borrowed one from my sister who'd had twins a few years prior and didn't need it anymore - win-win! They do collect dust though, and take up so much space, so definitely good to borrow if you can!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Body pillows are a lifesaver! I hear they're also great when you're nursing, which is good to know since that's the next stage for me. A friend has offered me her old one, but I feel like it might be too big - she's quite a bit taller than me. Might keep it anyway just to see how it goes, given they're so useful! But would love to hear any recommendations for good ones that anyone's tried.

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu