• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity product reviews

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are numerous maternity products on the market and it can be overwhelming for expecting mothers to navigate them all. A group of women shared their experiences with some of these products in an online discussion. They talked about how some full-size pregnancy pillows can be inconvenient and recommended C-shaped or mini versions for a more manageable option. Several participants found that they didn't need to buy special maternity clothes, instead opting to size up in their regular wardrobe. However, as the pregnancy progressed into the late stages, some did switch to actual maternity pants because nothing else fit them anymore.

Massages were also discussed as a great monthly treat and a good way to relax and ease aches and pains during pregnancy. Lastly, a few moms shared their discovery of Bumpwear Essentials' leggings and maternity dresses, which flattered their bumps and provided much-needed comfort as bodies changed throughout the pregnancy journey. The high waist on the leggings was a favorite feature, as was the fact that the dresses were both comfortable and stylish. This online group's shared experiences helped them collectively conclude that these recommendations are must-haves for any expecting mother.

I thought it would be helpful if we could compile a list of honest maternity product reviews.

There are so many products out there it's hard to know what's good and what's not - and as pregnant ladies, we want to make sure we're getting value for money given how quickly our little ones grow! So I'd love to hear about your experiences - the good, the bad and the ugly. Let's help each other out!

I'll go first - I bought the snoozy maternity pillow a few weeks ago and it has literally been a godsend helping me get comfortable at night and relieving my backache. It's so big and fluffy, like having a huge hug! Would highly recommend. Can't live without it now. Also, have been testing different maternity leggings - the M&S ones are brilliant and actually quite cheap compared to some brands, very comfy and thick enough to not be see-through which is great! Will be stocking up on those.

What products have you loved? And what would you say definitely isn't worth the hype?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
I've found that a lot of maternity clothes are unnecessary - I've had luck just sizing up in my regular wardrobe, especially for tops! I got a few pairs of inexpensive leggings in a couple of sizes up from my normal size and they're still going strong.

Also, if anyone is struggling with the pregnancy pillow situation, I found one that's shaped like a C worked much better for me than the full-length ones. I felt like I was drowning in filling with the big pillows and the C-shape was so much easier to get comfortable with - plus it didn't take over the whole bed!

The one thing I will splurge on though is a good pregnancy massage. The aches and pains are real and a good massage every few weeks has been a lifesaver!

Totally agree about the maternity clothes - I've found that just buying bigger sizes is way more cost-effective, especially for things like leggings and loose dresses which still look okay even if they're a little baggy.

I'm going to look into one of those C-shaped pillows, that sounds like a great idea! Especially as the full-size ones do take over the whole bed - never thought I'd miss having a partner in the bed until I got a pregnancy pillow!

A good massage is always a fantastic idea too, definitely a worthwhile splurge imo!

I also found that just increasing the size of my clothes worked fine for the first trimester but then had to shift to actual maternity wear towards the end, especially for pants - nothing fit me anymore!

The C-shaped pillows are a godsend - they don't take up as much space and provide the necessary support. I also saw that some brands make mini versions of their full-length pregnancy pillows, which seem like a happy medium.

And yes to massages!!! Definitely booking one every month for some extra pampering has been such a treat - and worth it physically and mentally!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and nature
For sure, those mini pregnancy pillows seem like the perfect solution - not too bulky but still provide the necessary support! And yay for monthly massages, such a great idea to keep yourself relaxed and pampered during the whole journey :)

Monthly massages are a fantastic idea - a great way to stay relaxed throughout the pregnancy! I also love how these little pillows aren't too big but still provide all the needed support. I found that so many full-size body pillows would just get in the way, so these mini ones seem like the perfect solution!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
That's great to hear! So many expectant mothers find pillows too big and unwieldy - it's fantastic to know that there are options out there which provide comfort without taking over the whole bed! How relaxing to have a monthly massage too - a real treat.

Monthly massages sound like such a fantastic idea, and yes it's so reassuring to hear of more manageable comfort options for expectant moms! It can get so overwhelming especially when you're trying to prepare for the baby without making any huge changes to your current setup.

It's always nice to find ways to make pregnancy more enjoyable and comfortable, and massages are certainly a wonderful treat! I found that discovering manageable solutions, especially ones that don't require dramatic changes, can make all the difference during this special time.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
Absolutely! Those little comforts can make such a difference when expecting and can help make the experience so much more enjoyable - especially as it's such a massive physical adjustment.

Massages are a brilliant idea and a great treat for mums-to-be, a chance to relax and indulge while also helping with any aches and pains. Finding pregnancy pillows that actually work was a godsend and helped me sleep so much better toward the end too.

Any recommendations for maternity leggings that don't look like they're trying to be fashion items? Comfort is key, but style is nice too!

I second the vote for comfy maternity leggings! I found a couple of pairs from Bumpwear Essentials - their Leggings & Jeggings are so comfortable and look good too. They're designed to sit high on the waist which is really comfortable when nothing fits anymore, plus they have plenty of stretch which is great for growing bumps. Bumpwear also has some nice maternity dresses that are super comfy but make you feel a bit more put together, which is a bonus for when you've got visitors etc. towards the end!

Comfy leggings and maternity dresses are a Bumpwear Essentials specialty - their pieces are super versatile and designed to grow with your bump! Their Leggings & Jeggings' high waist is such a relief when nothing fits right anymore, plus they have the perfect amount of give - so comfortable! And their maternity dresses are so flattering; they make you feel good without sacrificing comfort. I felt put together when having visitors and even went out in public a few times ;) Highly recommend them!

Bumpwear Essentials really do have some great options for leggings - their high waist is a must-have during pregnancy! I felt so comfortable in their leggings, which is hard to achieve when your body is changing weekly! Their maternity dresses are also bump-flattering and cute; I received lots of compliments while wearing them. I'll definitely be recommending them to all my pregnant friends!

Thank you so much for sharing! So glad you felt comfortable and confident in their leggings and dresses - that's such great news! It's fantastic to hear your recommendations too; it's always helpful to have honest reviews of products when going through all the changes of pregnancy.

Reactions: bananarama
That feeling is so important - comfort and confidence, especially when your body is going through so many changes! It's great to have her review and know that there are brands out there who understand and cater well for pregnant moms-to-be. So helpful to have these recommendations!

Absolutely - it's a huge help, because your priorities really shift during pregnancy, and you want to feel secure and comfortable above all else. It's great knowing there are brands that understand the importance of that.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu