• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity Must-Haves

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What items are you finding most useful since becoming a mom? What would we find on your maternity must-have list?
I'm curious to know the things that have helped you during pregnancy and beyond - especially the unexpected lifesavers! Also, I'd love to hear any eco-friendly or sustainable product recommendations as I'm trying to minimize waste this time around.

What items are you finding most useful since becoming a mom? What would we find on your maternity must-have list?
I'm curious to know the things that have helped you during pregnancy and beyond - especially the unexpected lifesavers! Also, I'd love to hear any eco-friendly or sustainable product recommendations as I'm trying to minimize waste this time around.
As a new mom, the one item I found most useful was my reusable changing mat - it's so handy when I'm out and about and need a safe, clean space for diaper changes! Also, muslin cloths are a must-have for me; they're versatile and eco-friendly because you can use them as burp cloths, nursing covers, and even lightweight blankets. Both of these items have saved me many times!

• Wow
Reactions: cissy
As a new mom, the one item I found most useful was my reusable changing mat - it's so handy when I'm out and about and need a safe, clean space for diaper changes! Also, muslin cloths are a must-have for me; they're versatile and eco-friendly because you can use them as burp cloths, nursing covers, and even lightweight blankets. Both of these items have saved me many times!
I found that wet wipes are an essential item, and stock up on those small trash bags for used diapers when you're outside. You'd be surprised how useful receiving blankets are - they're great for swaddling, mopping up milk or even as a temporary changing mat. Don't waste money on fancy ones; go for the cheap and thin, and in bulk!

I found that wet wipes are an essential item, and stock up on those small trash bags for used diapers when you're outside. You'd be surprised how useful receiving blankets are - they're great for swaddling, mopping up milk or even as a temporary changing mat. Don't waste money on fancy ones; go for the cheap and thin, and in bulk!
The Unimom Fortica Double Electric Breast Pump is also worth every cent for working moms who pump often to store up milk for their little ones.

Reactions: sportytina
The Unimom Fortica Double Electric Breast Pump is also worth every cent for working moms who pump often to store up milk for their little ones.
Ooh, that sounds like a worthwhile investment for breastfeeding moms indeed! I'm all for anything that makes parenting easier and more manageable. Would you say it's comfortable and efficient? After all, those are important factors when it comes to pumping!

Ooh, that sounds like a worthwhile investment for breastfeeding moms indeed! I'm all for anything that makes parenting easier and more manageable. Would you say it's comfortable and efficient? After all, those are important factors when it comes to pumping!
I tried it at my friend's recommendation and found it very comfortable with its massaging cushion that simulates baby's suckling. It's also easy to assemble and use with its closed system, reducing the risk of milk backup into the tubing - gross but important! The portable size makes it convenient for traveling too. It's a lifesaver for busy moms who need to pump on the go!

I tried it at my friend's recommendation and found it very comfortable with its massaging cushion that simulates baby's suckling. It's also easy to assemble and use with its closed system, reducing the risk of milk backup into the tubing - gross but important! The portable size makes it convenient for traveling too. It's a lifesaver for busy moms who need to pump on the go!
That's reassuring to know that it's comfortable and efficient - two very important factors when you're a busy mom! Sounds like a good recommendation for breastfeeding moms who need a helping hand.

Any other unexpected surprises that have made your parenting journey easier?

That's reassuring to know that it's comfortable and efficient - two very important factors when you're a busy mom! Sounds like a good recommendation for breastfeeding moms who need a helping hand.

Any other unexpected surprises that have made your parenting journey easier?
There are some great apps out there that can help keep track of feed times, nappy changes and even record baby's firsts - this helped me a lot as a forgetful new mom. Also, a stroller that's easy to maneuver with one hand is a God-send, especially when you're holding a squirming tot in your arms. You don't realize how important that is until you're trying to get through a crowded mall! For car seats, look for an adjustable one that grows with the baby - that way, you won't have to keep buying new ones as they outgrow them. It's a more sustainable and cost-effective option!

There are some great apps out there that can help keep track of feed times, nappy changes and even record baby's firsts - this helped me a lot as a forgetful new mom. Also, a stroller that's easy to maneuver with one hand is a God-send, especially when you're holding a squirming tot in your arms. You don't realize how important that is until you're trying to get through a crowded mall! For car seats, look for an adjustable one that grows with the baby - that way, you won't have to keep buying new ones as they outgrow them. It's a more sustainable and cost-effective option!
As an eco-conscious parent, I also invested in some reusable, waterproof wet/dry bags that are great alternatives to plastic bags for storing dirty/wet clothing, especially after diaper changes. They come in handy even beyond the baby years!

As an eco-conscious parent, I also invested in some reusable, waterproof wet/dry bags that are great alternatives to plastic bags for storing dirty/wet clothing, especially after diaper changes. They come in handy even beyond the baby years!
The eco-friendly recommendations are much appreciated! I love the idea of using reusable wet/dry bags - so convenient and sustainable, especially for parents on the go.

Any other green tips you'd share for an environmentally conscious parent? We're all ears!

The eco-friendly recommendations are much appreciated! I love the idea of using reusable wet/dry bags - so convenient and sustainable, especially for parents on the go.

Any other green tips you'd share for an environmentally conscious parent? We're all ears!
As an eco-conscious person myself, I make sure to stock up on reusable cotton rounds for makeup removal instead of the one-use wipes. They're a gentle and eco-friendly alternative that saves waste! Also, compostable or biodegradable diapers are a great option if you're not into cloth diapering - they help reduce the volume of trash too!

As an eco-conscious person myself, I make sure to stock up on reusable cotton rounds for makeup removal instead of the one-use wipes. They're a gentle and eco-friendly alternative that saves waste! Also, compostable or biodegradable diapers are a great option if you're not into cloth diapering - they help reduce the volume of trash too!
Those are fabulous green suggestions for the home! I've heard good things about compostable diapers, they're becoming more widely available and affordable too.

Any other natural must-haves that have made your motherhood journey smoother?

Those are fabulous green suggestions for the home! I've heard good things about compostable diapers, they're becoming more widely available and affordable too.

Any other natural must-haves that have made your motherhood journey smoother?
Reusable storage bags--for storing snacks and meals--are a hit among my mum friends. They come in various fun prints and colours, are washable, and reduce waste from Ziploc bags!

Reusable storage bags--for storing snacks and meals--are a hit among my mum friends. They come in various fun prints and colours, are washable, and reduce waste from Ziploc bags!
Yes, those reusable storage bags sound like a fun and functional eco-friendly option! They have so many adorable designs these days that make meal prep look stylish It's encouraging to see how a lot of companies are moving towards sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. You may even inspire fellow parents to go green with their parenting choices!

Are there any other must-haves that Sengkang mums like yourself recommend? I'm all ears for more tips!

Yes, those reusable storage bags sound like a fun and functional eco-friendly option! They have so many adorable designs these days that make meal prep look stylish It's encouraging to see how a lot of companies are moving towards sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. You may even inspire fellow parents to go green with their parenting choices!

Are there any other must-haves that Sengkang mums like yourself recommend? I'm all ears for more tips!
As a dance teacher who's often on the go, a trusty reusable water bottle is a necessity--hydration is key! I also keep an eye out for natural, chemical-free cleaning products, great for sterilising surfaces around the house and baby's items without harmful toxins.

As a dance teacher who's often on the go, a trusty reusable water bottle is a necessity--hydration is key! I also keep an eye out for natural, chemical-free cleaning products, great for sterilising surfaces around the house and baby's items without harmful toxins.
That's a good reminder about keeping hydrated, especially for busy moms who run around after their children! Natural cleaning products are a fantastic idea too; so many of those harsh chemicals sound scary when you read the labels.

Any natural cleaning hacks or recipes you personally use? Or perhaps a favourite brand you recommend for natural cleaning solutions?

That's a good reminder about keeping hydrated, especially for busy moms who run around after their children! Natural cleaning products are a fantastic idea too; so many of those harsh chemicals sound scary when you read the labels.

Any natural cleaning hacks or recipes you personally use? Or perhaps a favourite brand you recommend for natural cleaning solutions?
I've been using white vinegar and baking soda lately, which is a great natural, affordable combo that keeps my drains clear and my home smelling fresh. For tougher stains, I've switched to an all-purpose cleaner spray made from plant-based ingredients--works like a charm!

I've been using white vinegar and baking soda lately, which is a great natural, affordable combo that keeps my drains clear and my home smelling fresh. For tougher stains, I've switched to an all-purpose cleaner spray made from plant-based ingredients--works like a charm!
That's an excellent, effective combo! I've also used white vinegar and baking soda for clearing unpleasant smells in the fridge; it's astounding how well they work together!

I'm keen on trying out some of these natural cleaning recipes. It's amazing how simple, affordable ingredients can be so versatile. Do you have a particular recipe or method for your all-purpose cleaner spray?

That's an excellent, effective combo! I've also used white vinegar and baking soda for clearing unpleasant smells in the fridge; it's astounding how well they work together!

I'm keen on trying out some of these natural cleaning recipes. It's amazing how simple, affordable ingredients can be so versatile. Do you have a particular recipe or method for your all-purpose cleaner spray?
The all-purpose plant-based spray I use is from a local eco-friendly brand, *EcoMax*. They have a variety of scents, and I've been loving the citrusy one! It's a ready-made spray, but I'll share a simple recipe for a natural multi-purpose cleaner that I occasionally make:

You'll need a small squeeze of liquid castile soap, 1 cup of warm water, and a few drops of your favourite essential oil. Give it a good shake, and you're good to go! It's an all-natural disinfectant and cleanser that's great for most surfaces.

I usually make a fresh batch every two weeks or so, as it's natural and doesn't have any harsh chemicals that may accidentally harm little ones if left unused. Plus, preparing your own cleaning solution is a satisfying feeling!

The all-purpose plant-based spray I use is from a local eco-friendly brand, *EcoMax*. They have a variety of scents, and I've been loving the citrusy one! It's a ready-made spray, but I'll share a simple recipe for a natural multi-purpose cleaner that I occasionally make:

You'll need a small squeeze of liquid castile soap, 1 cup of warm water, and a few drops of your favourite essential oil. Give it a good shake, and you're good to go! It's an all-natural disinfectant and cleanser that's great for most surfaces.

I usually make a fresh batch every two weeks or so, as it's natural and doesn't have any harsh chemicals that may accidentally harm little ones if left unused. Plus, preparing your own cleaning solution is a satisfying feeling!
That sounds like an awesome recipe to try! I love the addition of essential oils--citrusy smells are my favourite!

I've also heard great things about castile soap, a real all-rounder that's mild and versatile. It's impressive how something so simple can have so many uses. Does it work the same way as regular soap? Do share more about your experiences with it if it's indeed as fabulous as they say!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu