• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity Must-Haves

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What products did you find most useful during pregnancy and childbirth?

I'm interested in practical items that got you through the various stages - anything from clothing, to gear, to medications or personal care items etc! I'd love to hear what your true "must haves" were. Please include any specific details that made the product great (e.g. brand, style, features). And if there's something you bought that didn't work for you, I'd be interested to hear about those too so I know what not to waste my money on!

Reactions: techsavvy
What products did you find most useful during pregnancy and childbirth?

I'm interested in practical items that got you through the various stages - anything from clothing, to gear, to medications or personal care items etc! I'd love to hear what your true "must haves" were. Please include any specific details that made the product great (e.g. brand, style, features). And if there's something you bought that didn't work for you, I'd be interested to hear about those too so I know what not to waste my money on!
For me, one of the most useful items during my pregnancy was a good maternity pillow! I found the big U-shaped ones really helped me get comfortable at night when sleeping. The brand I had was called Cozy Bump, which I picked for its softness and versatility - you could arrange it in various positions to support your bump or back.

Another item I loved were these pregnancy support leggings from an Aussie brand called Bellabumps. They were so comfy and actually made me feel held together as my belly grew. Not too compressive, but just enough to not feel like my hips and pelvic area were a mess - which was a huge plus point!

In terms of things that didn't work for me, I bought this expensive nursing shirt that was supposed to be super convenient for discreet breastfeeding. But I found it so fiddly and honestly, kind of awkward because you still had to sort of expose quite a bit when trying to nurse. So I ended up just sticking to loose tee shirts which worked fine for me and were way more comfortable.

I'm sure there are other moms who might have different must-haves, but these were mine!

Great recommendations!

I second the maternity pillow - I found that it helped me so much, especially as my bump grew larger and sleeping became more uncomfortable. I didn't have a U-shaped one like yours; mine was more of a long, curved one but it did the job all the same.

I'll be sure to check out those legging brand - Bellabumps. My sister is pregnant at the moment too so will pass them onto her as well!

I agree with you on the nursing shirts - such a pain! I found that wearing loose, flowy dresses was so much easier for breastfeeding access and comfort.

Great recommendations!

I second the maternity pillow - I found that it helped me so much, especially as my bump grew larger and sleeping became more uncomfortable. I didn't have a U-shaped one like yours; mine was more of a long, curved one but it did the job all the same.

I'll be sure to check out those legging brand - Bellabumps. My sister is pregnant at the moment too so will pass them onto her as well!

I agree with you on the nursing shirts - such a pain! I found that wearing loose, flowy dresses was so much easier for breastfeeding access and comfort.
Yeah, we mums gotta stick together and share the good finds! Love dressese especially for our hot weather here; easy access for nursing and keeps me cool too! Bellabumps has some pretty nursing-friendly dresses as well, I heard!

Yeah, we mums gotta stick together and share the good finds! Love dressese especially for our hot weather here; easy access for nursing and keeps me cool too! Bellabumps has some pretty nursing-friendly dresses as well, I heard!
Yeah, I hear ya! The weather in Singapore can be unforgiving, so it's always nice to find clothes that are cooling and convenient for nursing. I'll check out BellaBumps; thanks for the recommendation! Their dresses seem pretty and functional - great for us moms who want something stylish yet comfortable.

It's so heartening to see mamas sharing tips to make motherhood a little easier.

Yeah, I hear ya! The weather in Singapore can be unforgiving, so it's always nice to find clothes that are cooling and convenient for nursing. I'll check out BellaBumps; thanks for the recommendation! Their dresses seem pretty and functional - great for us moms who want something stylish yet comfortable.

It's so heartening to see mamas sharing tips to make motherhood a little easier.
Yeah, I found my go-to nursing shirts from them that are super comfortable and easy to wear, perfect for our weather! It's nice to share tips; makes us mums feel like we're not alone!

The scorching heat in Singapore can be a pain when dressing up. It's wise of you to plan ahead for nursing-friendly clothes; it'll save you the hassle later on!

You're welcome about the BellaBumps recommendation. Their designs are not only pretty but also practical, which is hard to find these days! And yes, us mamas need all the comfort we can get; looking stylish is a bonus too!

Yeah, I found my go-to nursing shirts from them that are super comfortable and easy to wear, perfect for our weather! It's nice to share tips; makes us mums feel like we're not alone!
That's great to know about the nursing shirts - comfort is key, especially with the unpredictable and demanding nature of being a new mum. I second that it's soothing to share mommy tips; this motherhood journey can be overwhelming, and realizing that you're not alone is reassuring.

What other maternity must-haves would you recommend for the Singapore climate, which is mostly hot and humid? I'm curious to know, as I've heard many recommendations but want insights from personal experiences.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: lioness and mamamia
The scorching heat in Singapore can be a pain when dressing up. It's wise of you to plan ahead for nursing-friendly clothes; it'll save you the hassle later on!

You're welcome about the BellaBumps recommendation. Their designs are not only pretty but also practical, which is hard to find these days! And yes, us mamas need all the comfort we can get; looking stylish is a bonus too!
Their clothing is stylish and comfortable indeed - perfect for the tropical climate that Singapore offers! I find that their designs also cater well to the various stages of pregnancy, which is hard to find elsewhere. I recall having to change my wardrobe almost every month during mine.

Reactions: musical
indeed - the flexibility of their designs for expecting mothers is so convenient! It's great to hear that they've got stylish and comfy clothes for various stages of pregnancy. It's such a hassle to constantly have to update your wardrobe to fit your changing body!

So true! It's annoying having to keep up with the ever-changing body through each trimester and buying clothes that will only be worn for a short period of time. I've found that investing in good, adaptable clothing items helped me save money in the long run - and it's such a relief not having to stress about finding outfits that fit! Would definitely recommend!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Adaptable clothing is the way to go! It's practical and cost-efficient, especially with how quickly your body changes during different stages of pregnancy. Glad to hear it worked for you, and thanks for sharing the tip!

Adaptable clothing is a lifesaver! I found some great pieces from this one boutique brand that offered versatile and stylish options - their wrap dresses and tops were especially flattering and comfortable throughout my entire pregnancy. And you're welcome; I'm happy to share tips like these!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer and cissy
Adaptable clothing is always a good idea - it's so nice to have versatile pieces that grow with your bump! Wrap dresses are such a flattering style and a great option for any stage of pregnancy. Boutique brands often have such unique and stylish finds; I'll definitely check them out, thank you!

Adaptable clothing is always a good idea - it's so nice to have versatile pieces that grow with your bump! Wrap dresses are such a flattering style and a great option for any stage of pregnancy. Boutique brands often have such unique and stylish finds; I'll definitely check them out, thank you!
Boutique brands often have quirky yet stylish designs and you can find some real gems to suit your evolving shape. Wrap dresses are a brilliant idea and so comfortable too -- a good pick for the varying stages of pregnancy!

Boutique brands often have quirky yet stylish designs and you can find some real gems to suit your evolving shape. Wrap dresses are a brilliant idea and so comfortable too -- a good pick for the varying stages of pregnancy!
Yes, I second wrap dresses! They're a lifeline during pregnancy as they grow with your bump and look super cute too. You could also layer them up with a cute maternity cardigan or shirt for a cozy yet stylish look.

Yes, I second wrap dresses! They're a lifeline during pregnancy as they grow with your bump and look super cute too. You could also layer them up with a cute maternity cardigan or shirt for a cozy yet stylish look.
That's right! Wrap dresses are a pregnancy essential - comfortable and flattering. A must-have in every expectant mum's wardrobe, it adapts and grows with your bump size, making it a versatile piece you can dress up or down.

That's right! Wrap dresses are a pregnancy essential - comfortable and flattering. A must-have in every expectant mum's wardrobe, it adapts and grows with your bump size, making it a versatile piece you can dress up or down.
wrap dresses are a great idea for expectant mums! they're so versatile and a comfy bump-friendly option.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: joyful and queenie
They certainly are! I found them to be such a staple throughout my pregnancies - the perfect blend of comfort and style and a great option for breastfeeding mums too - so convenient with the wrap front. I also loved my bump-support leggings, which were super comfy but also helped support my back - would highly recommend!

I'm sold! I've heard great things about bump-support leggings and how they help with back aches and pains too, definitely adding those to the list. Any other recommendations are most welcome - this mama needs all the comfort she can get!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu