• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Your Time

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your best time management strategies!

What apps, tools, or techniques do you use to stay organized and make the most of your day?

I'll go first! I swear by my old-school paper planner. I feel like writing things down helps me remember them better, plus there's a satisfying satisfaction in ticking off completed tasks.

What works for you?

• Love
Reactions: joyful
I'm a big fan of digital tools for time management! I use Google Calendar and set very specific reminders for all my tasks. I also use Todoist for a shared grocery list with my partner and general to-do lists.

I find the digital notes on my phone helpful, especially when I'm on the go. I can quickly jot things down or check things off. Plus, all my info is synced and accessible across devices, which is super convenient!

The old-school methods definitely have their merits too - there's something very satisfying about physically writing things down and crossing them out. But I don't think I'd sacrifice the ease of use that come with digital tools.

I'm a big fan of digital tools for time management! I use Google Calendar and set very specific reminders for all my tasks. I also use Todoist for a shared grocery list with my partner and general to-do lists.

I find the digital notes on my phone helpful, especially when I'm on the go. I can quickly jot things down or check things off. Plus, all my info is synced and accessible across devices, which is super convenient!

The old-school methods definitely have their merits too - there's something very satisfying about physically writing things down and crossing them out. But I don't think I'd sacrifice the ease of use that come with digital tools.
I hear ya! It's really frustrating when you lose track of your notes or forget where you put them, especially when they're physical to-do lists. I've made the switch years ago and never looked back - my phone's my reliable sidekick for all things organization, and it's satisfying to boot!

Do you use any other fancy apps for productivity or time management? There are so many out there that it's hard to pick the right ones!

I've been using a combination of the Reminder and Notes apps that come with iPhones. They're simple, sleek, and integrated well with the iOS ecosystem. The Reminders app has different categories for work, groceries, and personal to-dos, while the Notes app helps me organize my thoughts and ideas.

I find that the simplicity of these apps prevents me from being overwhelmed by too many features. But I'm interested in hearing about other apps people use - there are so many great ones out there!

I've been trialling a few different apps recently after my to-do lists became unmanageable on paper. I find digital lists help me search and organise better.

I quite like the sound of how you use the Reminders app to categorise different areas of your life - I might give that a go! I've been using Todoist which also allows you to set up numerous 'projects' which is great for categorisation. It also syncs across devices which is very handy.

The design is clean and it has a focus on simplicity, plus there's plenty of integration options with other apps if you want them. But I'm interested in hearing about other people's recommendations too - especially any apps that are good for collaboration as I often work on shared projects.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Todoist is great and the ability to sync across devices is so handy - especially when you're on the go!

I find Reminders helpful for the same reasons you mentioned - the categorisation is straightforward and useful. I use the different colours for each area of my life as a quick visual reference too which is handy.

I've also used Microsoft To Do which has a clean design, is easy to navigate and has a collaboration feature which is excellent for shared projects. It's really straightforward to add people to tasks and keep track of things together. Would definitely recommend giving it a go!

Todoist is top-notch, agreed! And I love the colour-coding in Reminders too - such an intuitive way to visually manage different aspects of our lives.

I've also given Microsoft To Do a shot based on your recommendation, and the collaboration feature is smooth sailing when working on shared projects. The interface is user-friendly and the added functionality of inviting people to tasks is brilliant for group work.

It's always handy to have a range of effective tools at our fingertips! What other time management apps do you find helpful?

Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu