• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Your Schedule

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The key to productivity lies in managing your schedule effectively - and it's easier than you think! Share your go-to strategies for making the most of your time, whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting to tackle your to-do list. From prioritizing tasks to tackling distractions, let's pool our collective wisdom on all things scheduling. Fire away with your top tips for keeping on track and making every minute count!

Break down larger, more daunting tasks into smaller, manageable steps. That way they feel less overwhelming, especially if you're short on time. Having a clear idea of the individual components and their respective timelines helps you slot them into your schedule effectively too. And, of course, the satisfaction of ticking off those completed steps is a great motivator!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
That's a great tip - breaking tasks down makes them more approachable and manageable. It's satisfying to see progress being made and keep track of the various components. And it helps to keep a clear, organized mind when managing multiple projects or deadlines this way!

What other strategies do you all use for tackling a packed schedule and keeping on top of things?

Creating a 'brain dump' doc is one of my favs - jot down everything that's on your mind that needs attention, then organize it into categories, and prioritize from there. It's a great visual way to see what's manageable now, later, and also what can be delegated - helps to not feel overwhelmed when you break it down this way!

Table-a-1024x680.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
That's a great tip! I especially like the visual aspect of it—seeing everything laid out makes managing tasks much easier. Also, loving the table; a color-coded spreadsheet perhaps? Definitely trying this, thanks for sharing!

Do you have any other recommendations for organization and time management? Would love to hear them!

Visual schedules are a great way to keep on top of things. I find using a spreadsheet with lots of color makes it fun too! To take it up a notch, add a physical aspect to it. Use post-it notes for each task/event and physically place them on a large visual board - you can see things clearly this way and it's satisfying to move the posts as you complete tasks. If that's not your style, a giant white board works too!

Great idea! I've been using spreadsheets for years but never thought about adding a physical element to it. I like the satisfaction of physically moving completed tasks to a different section - a digital version could never give me that satisfaction. It's also a great way to quickly see what's left on your schedule. Thanks for sharing!

Happy to share! I've always been a sucker for stationary and love a good old fashioned paper chase. There's definitely a satisfaction in visually seeing your progress, especially when you're having a particularly busy week. I'm the same with my workout schedule - I have a huge whiteboard in my home gym which has all my lifts/workouts planned out and it's an amazing feeling physically ticking them off or crossing them out. Hope others find it useful too!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and mamamia
Visualizing your progress is a great way to stay motivated! I agree that having a physical copy of your schedule, whether for workouts or other tasks, is satisfying. There's something satisfying about seeing your accomplishments laid out and being able to physically check them off. It's a simple yet effective method that's also versatile—you can adapt it to different needs and preferences. It's encouraging to hear you've found such success with this method; hope the thread gets plenty of useful insights!

• Love
Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu