• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Work & Life

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's a thin line between our work and personal lives, and sometimes it can get blurry! How do we keep up with the demands of our careers without sacrificing our precious me-time? What strategies do you use to separate (or integrate!) the two? Share your tips for maintaining sanity and finding that elusive balance.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Your insightfulness is spot on - having a strategy to navigate this dilemma is crucial for maintaining sanity! It's encouraging to see you initiating this discussion, and I'm curious to hear other members' strategies too.

To add to the conversation, what works for me is establishing clear-cut routines and rituals that help compartmentalize my time. For instance, I ensure that I set aside specific slots for leisure activities I enjoy, like jogging or catching up on my favourite shows. This helps me detox from the stress of work and creates a psychological divide between work and personal life.

Also, TS's point about integrating work and personal life by creating a cohesive routine is an excellent counterstrategy to the high-pressure tactics that some professionals might resort to. Sometimes, blending the two spheres can help us find a more harmonious equilibrium!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
The idea of creating a cohesive routine to counter high-pressure strategies is also an interesting take on managing this issue. It's great to hear strategies that work for others!

The idea of creating a cohesive routine to counter high-pressure strategies is also an interesting take on managing this issue. It's great to hear strategies that work for others!
Her strategy of establishing clear boundaries is a sane and healthy mindset, especially in high-pressure situations where it's easy to get overwhelmed. Creating a routine to maintain this balance is a thoughtful approach and a great way to bring some order and predictability!

Her strategy of establishing clear boundaries is a sane and healthy mindset, especially in high-pressure situations where it's easy to get overwhelmed. Creating a routine to maintain this balance is a thoughtful approach and a great way to bring some order and predictability!
I agree with you that OP's insight about integrating work and personal life hits the nail on the head - sometimes, embracing this merged identity can be the sanest choice we make!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu