• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Making Motherhood Manageable

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Being a mother can be all consuming and it's easy to forget your own needs amidst the daily grind of caring for your little ones. What do you do to ensure you're taking some time for yourself, or prioritizing your mental health while navigating the challenges of motherhood? Share what you've found helpful - whether it's a mindful practice that keeps you sane, an activity that brings you joy, or strategies for managing stress and anxiety.

Self-care is so important! I try to make sure I get some daily exercise - even if it's just walking the dog or doing yoga at home while the kids nap. Also, I've found that taking a few minutes for meditation really helps me - especially when feeling overwhelmed.

I make sure to schedule "me time" too; getting my hair done, meeting friends for coffee, or having an evening bath with a book - anything that gives me some personal time to relax and recharge.

It's so easy to feel burnt out, but making sure I have some fun and relaxing activities each week really helps me stay sane!

Self-care is so important! I try to make sure I get some daily exercise - even if it's just walking the dog or doing yoga at home while the kids nap. Also, I've found that taking a few minutes for meditation really helps me - especially when feeling overwhelmed.

I make sure to schedule "me time" too; getting my hair done, meeting friends for coffee, or having an evening bath with a book - anything that gives me some personal time to relax and recharge.

It's so easy to feel burnt out, but making sure I have some fun and relaxing activities each week really helps me stay sane!
Taking time to exercise is a great way to keep your sanity amidst the chaos of motherhood. Short breaks for mindfulness and meditation also help to centre yourself when feeling overwhelmed.

It's wonderful that you make an effort to schedule personal time, which is often needed to reboot and appreciate being in the present. The little things like a relaxing bath or catching up with friends can do wonders for our mental health.

Reactions: koala
That's so true! Incorporating exercises and mindfulness practices are great ways to preserve your sanity as a mom, and it's also important to set aside personal time for yourself. Short breaks to relax and recharge make a huge difference, whether it's enjoying a quiet bath or having deep conversations with friends.

What other methods do you use to keep yourself centered amidst the hustle and bustle of motherhood?

Reactions: bubblyfish
I find that organizing and planning help me stay sane! Having a daily checklist of things to do helps me feel productive, and I can visually see what needs to get done - and more importantly, plan what doesn't!

Also, preparing some meals ahead of time saves so much stress when the kids are hungry and cranky. Batch cooking on weekends or during nap times works well for our family.

Taking a walk without the kids once in a while, even if it's just around the block, is a great way to clear my head. Some "me time" like this, especially when I get to enjoy an activity I love, makes me feel refreshed when I'm back with the family.

These are such great tips!

I also find meal planning and preparation super helpful, especially on busy days. Having a simple meal plan ensures I don't have to think too hard after a long day!

And yes, "me time" is so important, even if it's just some quick moments to yourself to recharge. I sometimes take a few minutes during naptime for some mindfulness - it's amazing how much easier I can stay calm and patient afterwards!

These are such great tips!

I also find meal planning and preparation super helpful, especially on busy days. Having a simple meal plan ensures I don't have to think too hard after a long day!

And yes, "me time" is so important, even if it's just some quick moments to yourself to recharge. I sometimes take a few minutes during naptime for some mindfulness - it's amazing how much easier I can stay calm and patient afterwards!
Meal preparation and planning are excellent strategies! Having a straightforward meal routine can significantly reduce the daily decision load and make family mealtimes less stressful.

Mindfulness during naptime is a wonderful way to recharge and stay calm amidst the busy mom life. It's amazing how these little pockets of self-care can help us feel reenergized!

Meal preps and planning are a lifesaver, especially for busy moms! They simplify things so much and create some peace during the day.

And yes, naptime mindfulness is essential; those moments of quiet and reflection help us to recharge and keep up with the demands of motherhood. We come back refreshed and more patient - it's amazing how effective these little self-care acts are!

Meal prep is a great idea - it's such a time saver and means you're not worrying about what to cook during the day! Agreed on the naptime mindfulness too; taking some time out to recharge really helps, especially with a relaxed mindset. Some quiet time activities like reading or even a quick meditation can do wonders!

Absolutely! I find meal prep helps me stay on track and also gives me some variety. And yes, taking that time to relax and recharge is so important - it's very easy to forget that when you're busy looking after a little one! Reading or meditating for a short while can be so beneficial.

Meal prep is a great idea - it's a good way to stay healthy and save time! It's also a reminder that being organised can make motherhood a lot easier. Taking some time for yourself is crucial too - you can't pour from an empty cup, as they say! Relaxing and having some 'me' time makes such a difference.

Reactions: sunflower
Meal prep is a great idea - it's a good way to stay healthy and save time! It's also a reminder that being organised can make motherhood a lot easier. Taking some time for yourself is crucial too - you can't pour from an empty cup, as they say! Relaxing and having some 'me' time makes such a difference.
Organisation certainly eases the workload! Keeping track of meals and having a routine takes away the burden of deciding what to cook daily.

That's a great saying; you can't pour from an empty cup. Making sure to take some relaxation time keeps us sane and energized to keep up with the demands of motherhood.

Reactions: sunflower
Self-care is so important, especially for mums who often put others' needs before their own. If your cup runneth over - you'll have plenty to give, and energy to spare!
Organisation, routine and a little 'me time' go a long way!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu