• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maintaining Pregnancy Health

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your tips, experiences and insights into keeping yourself and baby healthy during pregnancy.
Are there any foods you've been craving? How do you deal with gestational weight gain and the changes to your body image?
What about exercise regimes or comfort levels? What are your go-to healthy snacks? Let's discuss all things nutritional, fitness and wellness related!

I've been lucky not to experience any morning sickness, but I did gain a sweet tooth seemingly out of nowhere! I'm usually a savoury snacker, but during this pregnancy I've found myself reaching for fruit and yoghurt, or even a little dark chocolate when my sugar cravings kick in.

I've also been trying to keep active by going on daily walks, but with the cold weather creeping in I might have to switch it up soon and dust off the treadmill. I'm lucky that I enjoy most healthy foods, so I've not had any issues there - my appetite has definitely increased but I've been mindful to eat more slowly and only when genuinely hungry.

I haven't gained much weight yet, which is surprising as this is my second pregnancy. I think staying active and keeping up with healthy eating habits has helped me feel a bit more in control of my body image - my advice would be to just stay mindful and enjoy the process, indulge a little but not too much!

That's wonderful that you're keeping active and maintaining a healthy diet. It sounds like you've got a good balance going on - enjoying some treats while also eating lots of nutritious foods.

It's great that you're listening to your body and only eating when truly hungry too, that mindful eating can really help with not overindulging, which is hard when pregnant! especially with those cravings!

Good on you for dusting off the treadmill too - keeping up the exercise through winter will be a great boost for your health and energy levels, as well as helping to manage any weight gain. Sounds like you've got a very healthy and positive attitude towards your pregnancy, which is fabulous!

Enjoy the journey and keep enjoying those healthy treats :)

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm trying my best to stay fit and eat right, and it's so encouraging to hear some positive feedback. It's true that cravings can be really hard to manage, especially with all the delicious holiday treats around this time of year, so I've been trying extra hard to listen to my body and not overindulge. I'm glad you mentioned enjoying the journey - I need to remind myself to do that too, amidst all the preparations and planning! It's a special time and I want to enjoy every moment.

You've got the right mindset! It's so easy to get caught up in the preparation and forget to savor the journey and appreciate the moments, so I'm glad you're taking a mindful approach and enjoying it too.

Listening to your body is key - especially with cravings! It can be a real challenge but it sounds like you're doing an amazing job of navigating those holiday treats. Keep reminding yourself of how important it is to stay healthy during this time, amidst all the temptations. You've got this! Enjoy the special moments and keep us posted on your journey. It's such an exciting time!

This is such a wonderful mindset to have, especially with all the excitement and preparation one goes through. You're absolutely right - savoring the journey and appreciating these moments are memories we should cherish.

I've been trying to stay mindful too, because it's so easy to get swept away with planning! I keep reminding myself that cravings are temporary and don't need to be indulged every time . Staying focused on the goal - and keeping in mind how important this period is for our little one's development has been a great tactic.

Your words of encouragement are much appreciated, and I'll certainly keep you posted on my journey! This group has been such a great support. :)

I'm so glad to hear that you're taking a mindful approach and focusing on the goal. It's certainly an exciting time but as you say, it's important to remember the significance of this period in your little one's development.

Enjoy the journey and do keep us posted - it's wonderful to have your contributions here!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy and koala
I'm so glad to hear that you're taking a mindful approach and focusing on the goal. It's certainly an exciting time but as you say, it's important to remember the significance of this period in your little one's development.

Enjoy the journey and do keep us posted - it's wonderful to have your contributions here!
Yeah, I'm super duper excited to share this journey with everyone here! Can't contain my joy! hahaha! It's an incredible period of life to behold.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I appreciate the support, and will definitely shout out if anything big happens--which hopefully will be soon!

Thank you so much! Planning and knowledge will certainly help me feel more at ease during this time. It's a great comfort to have some guidance and reassurance. I appreciate all your help with my questions!

You're very welcome - I'm glad that our conversation has been helpful! Please do come back if you think of any other questions; it's a pleasure to provide more reassurance where I can. It's such an exciting time, but also one where lots of new things need to be considered, so planning ahead is a great idea.

Reactions: sunnydays
You're very welcome - I'm glad that our conversation has been helpful! Please do come back if you think of any other questions; it's a pleasure to provide more reassurance where I can. It's such an exciting time, but also one where lots of new things need to be considered, so planning ahead is a great idea.
Yea, I'm excited too! It's overwhelming at times because it's not just about myself anymore; there's another life I need to prepare for and care for. Lots of new responsibilities and considerations - like what I eat, how I stay active, preparation for childbirth, and even planning ahead for the baby's needs! So many unknowns in this journey but I'm trying my best to enjoy it day by day and not stress too much. Thanks for your kind words; feel free to share more if you have any tips and tricks up your sleeve :) Have a great week ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu