• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maintaining Health

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are so many aspects to consider when maintaining health during pregnancy, from diet and exercise to mental health and rest. What do you prioritize when it comes to staying healthy during pregnancy?

Did you focus on a specific aspect of wellness that benefitted your overall health? Did you encounter any challenges, and how did you overcome them? Let's share our experiences and insights into looking after ourselves mind, body and soul during this special time!

There are so many aspects to consider when maintaining health during pregnancy, from diet and exercise to mental health and rest. What do you prioritize when it comes to staying healthy during pregnancy?

Did you focus on a specific aspect of wellness that benefitted your overall health? Did you encounter any challenges, and how did you overcome them? Let's share our experiences and insights into looking after ourselves mind, body and soul during this special time!
For me, maintaining a healthy diet was priority number one! I focused on eating plenty of nutritious foods to ensure baby got all the vitamins and minerals she needed. Also, getting adequate rest was a challenge, so I napped whenever possible - sometimes even at odd hours when the tiredness became too much.

Luciana, did you have any particular ways of keeping healthy during your pregnancy?

During pregnancy, I focused on nurturing my body with wholesome food and adequate rest, vital for the baby's development and my energy levels.

My dietary changes were a huge challenge, as I had a hard time adjusting to the restricted diet and frequent hunger pangs due to nausea. To overcome this, I planned healthy meals and kept nutritious snacks handy at all times.

• Wow
Reactions: luciana

For me, maintaining good health during pregnancy was a challenge because of morning sickness and fatigue, which made it difficult to eat healthy and exercise. However, I focused on eating a balanced diet, ensuring I got enough rest, and keeping hydrated above all else.
It's a challenging yet wonderful ride, and every bit of effort is worth the end goal - meeting your little one!

Reactions: sunnydays

Pregnancy is not an illness. I ate what I wanted and did what I wanted as long it was reasonable - no mountain climbing or anything crazy.

Mainly kept healthy by continuing with life as normal, which included lots of walking and some gentle exercise. Had no challenges because I didn't treat pregnancy like some special condition. Just common sense, really.

Oh, and I definitely didn't buy any special pregnancy pills or potions. Waste of money. Keep it real, ladies!

For me, maintaining a healthy diet was priority number one! I focused on eating plenty of nutritious foods to ensure baby got all the vitamins and minerals she needed. Also, getting adequate rest was a challenge, so I napped whenever possible - sometimes even at odd hours when the tiredness became too much.

Luciana, did you have any particular ways of keeping healthy during your pregnancy?
Healthy eating and rest are certainly up there on my priority list too! As an environmentally conscious eater, I focused on incorporating organic, whole foods into my diet. I also kept active by going for daily walks, which helped with energy levels and a good night's rest.

Being active and keeping up with an eco-friendly diet was a challenge, especially with varying energy levels throughout the trimesters. But like you, I napped when I could, and thankfully, my job allowed for some flexible hours.

During pregnancy, I focused on nurturing my body with wholesome food and adequate rest, vital for the baby's development and my energy levels.

My dietary changes were a huge challenge, as I had a hard time adjusting to the restricted diet and frequent hunger pangs due to nausea. To overcome this, I planned healthy meals and kept nutritious snacks handy at all times.
Good on you for focusing on such wholesome habits!

I ate lots of folic acid-rich foods and kept moving with moderate exercises recommended by my doctor-- long walks and some prenatal yoga. Keeping up a consistent sleep schedule was also crucial for my health, so no late nights or oversleeping!

• Love
Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu