• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Looking to connect with fellow adopters, this is the place!

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
If you're an adopter and want to connect with others like yourself, look no further! This is the perfect place to share your stories, offer advice, or ask any questions you may have.

Adopting can be a challenging but ultimately rewarding experience, so it's always great to connect with others who have gone through - or are currently going through - a similar journey. Whether you've been considering adoption for a while or are a seasoned pro, everyone is welcome here!

I'll go first! I'm an adoptee myself and was lucky to grow up with loving adoptive parents who always made sure I knew how wanted I was. While we never went through any formal home studies or anything, my parents always ensured that I understood the adoption process and answered any questions I had in an honest, age-appropriate way. Looking back, I think it really helped me form a positive perception of my adoption and who I am.

I'd love to hear from all of you!

If you're an adopter and want to connect with others like yourself, look no further! This is the perfect place to share your stories, offer advice, or ask any questions you may have.

Adopting can be a challenging but ultimately rewarding experience, so it's always great to connect with others who have gone through - or are currently going through - a similar journey. Whether you've been considering adoption for a while or are a seasoned pro, everyone is welcome here!

I'll go first! I'm an adoptee myself and was lucky to grow up with loving adoptive parents who always made sure I knew how wanted I was. While we never went through any formal home studies or anything, my parents always ensured that I understood the adoption process and answered any questions I had in an honest, age-appropriate way. Looking back, I think it really helped me form a positive perception of my adoption and who I am.

Hi there! I'm Natalie, a singleton mum to a lovely 3-year old boy adopting as a single parent. No easy feat but definitely a rewarding one! Would love to hear other adopters' experiences, especially the challenges you faced and how you overcame them. Also, any tips on handling the overwhelming responsibility of raising a child alone would be greatly appreciated!

Hello there! It's great to see a dedicated space for adopters. I'm Jessica, a nutritionist living in Kallang, Singapore. My son is 4 years old and was also adopted. While we didn't have the easiest journey, it has been so worth it. He's the most affectionate kid, always giving me hugs and kisses, which makes my heart melt.

I think it's wonderful that your parents were so open and honest with you about your adoption story, laying a great foundation for your perception of it. It's a beautiful gift they gave you!

Hi there! Another adoptee checking in. My adoptive parents were also very open about the adoption process and made sure I knew I was wanted, which I think helped shape my positive outlook on life. It's great to have found this group!

Hi there! I'm Natalie, a singleton mum to a lovely 3-year old boy adopting as a single parent. No easy feat but definitely a rewarding one! Would love to hear other adopters' experiences, especially the challenges you faced and how you overcame them. Also, any tips on handling the overwhelming responsibility of raising a child alone would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Natalie! I'm Lisa, a mum to a 3 year old and also a music teacher. :) It's great to hear from you and I can certainly relate to some of your experiences!

The idea of adopting as a single parent is a brave and beautiful one, and I admire your commitment and love for your child. One challenge that comes to mind for singleton adopters like yourselves would be the lack of a support system, which is often crucial in parenting. I think it's a great idea to seek out other adoptive parents online or in person to form a support group of sorts - it's always comforting to know you're not alone!

I've also found that being proactive and seeking help when needed is essential. Having a strong network of trusted babysitters, family members, or friends who can lend a hand when you need some time to yourself, can be a great way to manage the responsibilities of parenting solo.

I haven't personally adopted as a single parent so I'd love to hear others' experiences and tips too!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu