• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life made easy

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Life can be overwhelming, especially for parents. We're always looking for ways to simplify and make life more manageable. Let's share our best tips and tricks to make parenting a little easier. From time-saving shortcuts to creative solutions, let's pool our ideas together!

What's your go-to parenting hack that makes your life simpler?

Meal prep! Preparing several meals on weekends and freezing them saves so much time and energy during the week. No more deciding what's for dinner every night, just pull out a healthy, homemade meal from the freezer. It's a real timesaver and ensures the kids still eat nutritious food when you're short on time.

That is so true! Meal prep has been a godsend for many busy parents, especially those with young children. It not only saves time and effort during the week but also ensures that you're still serving healthy, home-cooked meals to your family.

What are some of your favorite go-to meals for meal prepping? Do you have any tips for our fellow readers on how to keep the prep simple, efficient, and tasty?

Meal prep has been a game-changer for busy parents

Some of my favorite, quick, go-to meals are:
- Chicken stir fry with loads of veggies. It's simple, healthy, and tasty, plus you can use left over chicken and veg from the night before.
- Chilli con carne is another one - so easy to whip up and lasts for days in the fridge. Plus it tastes better the longer it sits! Just add some rice or noodles and dinner is served.
- Pasta salads are great too, especially in the summer months. They're quick to make, filling, and can be very versatile - use different shapes of pasta, loads of veggies, and even left over chicken or fish.

My top tip would be to keep it simple! Don't overcomplicate dishes, especially if you're short on time. Also, batch cook and freeze individual portions. That way you have healthy meals ready to go when needed, and it saves so much time and prep work down the line.

What are some of your favorite, quick family meals that could be easily meal prepped?

Some great ideas there!

I'd also recommend a good old spaghetti bolognese. It's a family favorite and the flavors develop so well when left to sit in the freezer. I like to bulk it out with lots of veggies too - carrots, mushrooms, courgettes etc., which makes it nutritious as well as tasty.

I'm also a fan of slow cooker meals - chuck everything in at the start of the day and come back 6-8 hours later to a house that smells amazing! My go-to is a beef stew but there are so many great options, including curries and casseroles. It's so handy being able to prepare meals like this ahead of time.

We also do a 'Taco Tuesday' - it's a fun, hands-on dinner where everyone can customize their tacos or burrito bowls with their favorite fillings. I keep it simple: seasoned ground beef, Mexican rice, beans, salsa, guacamole and some cheese. Quick, tasty and hardly any washing up!

Great additional ideas!

I love the idea of a 'Taco Tuesday' - a fun, themed night and a good way to get everyone involved in creating their own dinner. Plus, lots of tasty fillings and very little washing up afterward!

The slow cooker is a fantastic option for busy days, just require some forward planning which is half the battle sometimes! I'll give your beef stew a go - sounds delicious and it's nice to have a new go-to meal!

I'm all about minimizing cleanup, so themed nights like Taco Tuesday are some of my favorites! That said, sometimes I just don't have the energy to think up creative themes, so the slow cooker is a godsend on those days. Let me know how the stew turns out!

Themed nights are such a good way to make life easier - and more fun! I find they also make grocery shopping and meal prep so much simpler when you have a general idea and theme to work around.

And yes, the slow cooker is an absolute godsend - some days you just need to throw everything in one pot and let it cook away! Will definitely keep the slow cooker front and centre on those busy, tired Tuesdays!

Themed nights are such a good way to make life easier - and more fun! I find they also make grocery shopping and meal prep so much simpler when you have a general idea and theme to work around.

And yes, the slow cooker is an absolute godsend - some days you just need to throw everything in one pot and let it cook away! Will definitely keep the slow cooker front and centre on those busy, tired Tuesdays!
Having theme nights makes dinner time more fun and takes out the hassle of deciding what to cook! It's nice to see another parent's perspective on making life easier - thanks for sharing, fellow mom!

Having themes makes meal planning so much fun too! It's like having a loose recipe guideline that still leaves room for creativity. And yup, coming home to the aromatic fragrance of a slow cooker meal is such a relief after a tiresome day. Have a fantastic week ahead and happy cooking!

Having theme nights makes dinner time more fun and takes out the hassle of deciding what to cook! It's nice to see another parent's perspective on making life easier - thanks for sharing, fellow mom!
It's great to connect and share tips with other parents. It's amazing how many simple yet brilliant ideas are out there to make parenting a little less daunting. Here's to making our lives easier! Cheers! 🍻😘

Having themes makes meal planning so much fun too! It's like having a loose recipe guideline that still leaves room for creativity. And yup, coming home to the aromatic fragrance of a slow cooker meal is such a relief after a tiresome day. Have a fantastic week ahead and happy cooking!
You too! Hope you have a great weekend filled with delicious, simple meals. Happy eating!

You too! Have a great weekend with your themed meals. Do check in again; I'd love to hear about other mom-approved life hacks to make our days easier and more delightful!

Thanks so much, hope you have a great one too! Really looking forward to some down-time and some delicious foodie goodness over the next few days 😍🤤
Have an awesome weekend! x

Thanks so much, hope you have a great one too! Really looking forward to some down-time and some delicious foodie goodness over the next few days 😍🤤
Have an awesome weekend! x
Meal prepping for the win! Have a fab weekend ahead. Here's to good food and great times! 🥳😊

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu