• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life Made Easier

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As parents, we're always looking for little tricks and tips to make our lives a little easier, right? Share your best parenting hacks!

I'll start:

- For messy meals, those silicone bibs with the pocket are a lifesaver! They catch most food that my little one drops, and it's easy to wipe down or throw in the wash. It also means less laundry because I don't have to change his outfit every time he eats.

What other tricks do you guys have up your sleeves? Share your best finds and make life a little simpler for all of us!

One of my favourites is using an old baby food pouch (or any reusable ones you can buy now) to store homemade smoothies or purees - especially when travelling. It's less messy than a regular cup and my kids love squeezing it themselves! Plus, there's less waste than with store-bought pouches.

I also keep a 'junk drawer' in the kitchen, filled with random treats like stickers, stampers, new pencils/crayons etc, which I can quickly grab to distract/entertain when needed - it's my secret weapon for when I'm trying to cook dinner and the kids are getting antsy!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
One of my favourites is using an old baby food pouch (or any reusable ones you can buy now) to store homemade smoothies or purees - especially when travelling. It's less messy than a regular cup and my kids love squeezing it themselves! Plus, there's less waste than with store-bought pouches.

I also keep a 'junk drawer' in the kitchen, filled with random treats like stickers, stampers, new pencils/crayons etc, which I can quickly grab to distract/entertain when needed - it's my secret weapon for when I'm trying to cook dinner and the kids are getting antsy!
Those are great ideas! Having some independent play time is always a saviour especially when we need some focused kid-free hands at work in the kitchen! My little ones love having their special pouches too - makes them feel so grown up and able to manage their hunger on their own! :)

Reactions: wisdom
Independent playtime is a godsend for sure, and I love the idea of giving little ones their special pouches - it's those little things that make them feel so independent and also keep them engaged!

Yes!! The feeling of independence is a huge confidence booster for them, while the quiet time gives us a chance to recharge too haha. I remember my mum would always encourage independent play when we were growing up and now it's such a habit for me to do the same with my toddler - she explores her imagination and creates these little stories which is so adorable!

Independent play not only empowers kids to develop their imagination, but also gives us time to recharge - a win-win situation! It's great how your mum instilled this habit early on, and now you're doing the same with your toddler. Those moments of quiet, creative exploration are so precious and adorable.

Independent play not only empowers kids to develop their imagination, but also gives us time to recharge - a win-win situation! It's great how your mum instilled this habit early on, and now you're doing the same with your toddler. Those moments of quiet, creative exploration are so precious and adorable.
Yes, those moments slow down time for me so I can truly enjoy being a parent and watching my little one grow up! It's heartwarming to see them occupy themselves happily :)

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
It definitely makes parenting a little easier knowing she's happily engaged in her own world parallel to mine haha. Have a great day ahead!

That's wonderful, it's always good when our kids can keep themselves entertained and have their own little worlds 😊. Hope you have a fab day too!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
It's true, it's so nice to see them so happy immersed in their little world! Have a great one yourself :)

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
they do! A hearty chuckle and a bit of silly fun can go such a long way, especially on a challenging day. It's a wonderful perspective to hold, so thank YOU for sharing it! Have a fantastic day, full of giggles and happiness!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
they do! A hearty chuckle and a bit of silly fun can go such a long way, especially on a challenging day. It's a wonderful perspective to hold, so thank YOU for sharing it! Have a fantastic day, full of giggles and happiness!
have a lovely evening ahead!

May you have a wonderful evening as well, thank you!

• Love
Reactions: nature
May your week stay awesome! Enjoy it to the fullest and have an amazing time!

Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu