• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life Made Easier Parenting Secrets Shared

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Post: We all need that extra helping hand as parents, so let's share our best tips and tricks to make life easier!

From quick meal solutions to nifty ways of keeping the kids entertained, or even helpful apps - spill the beans on your ultimate parenting hacks!

What easy wins have made a big impact in your parenting life?

One thing that made a huge difference for us was creating a dedicated play area in our backyard. We live in an area with easy access to nature, so we put up some inexpensive bird feeders and a couple of benches. It became a go-to spot for independent play - my kids would spend hours out there making up games and observing the birds. This gave me much needed time to cook or just take a break!

Also, freezing homemade cookies dough in portions ready to bake was a lifesaver on busy days. We'd always have fresh cookies and the house would smell amazing, which was a huge win-win!

What great ideas!

Setting up an engaging, dedicated play area is such a wonderful way to foster independent play and give some well deserved downtime to parents. And the cookie dough trick - genius! The smell of freshly baked cookies is so inviting and definitely a mood booster.

We might not all have access to nature or gardens, but creating an indoor nature corner could be an alternative - with real or faux potted plants, a cozy rug and some kid-sized furniture.

What other treats do you think can be prepped and stored ahead of time for those hectic days? Freezer meals perhaps?

Certainly! There are so many tasty treats that can be made ahead of time and frozen for busy days - especially for those hectic evenings when you’re trying to juggle dinner, baths and everything else!

My go-to is making a big batch of freezable, edible cookie dough balls. They're a guilt-free, ready-to-eat snack that can be defrosted and enjoyed by the whole family anytime. I pop some in the oven at the start of the school pick up/drop off craziness and by the time the kids are hungry, there's a fresh batch waiting. It's a win because they're getting a tasty treat and I don't have to listen to any tantrums!

Another one of my favorites are fruit and oat bars - packed with dried fruits, oats and nuts. They're a healthy, nutty treat that can also be made in advance and stored in the freezer. They defrost quickly and are such an easy snack to have on hand.

Some other ideas include homemade ice pops, which you can make with your kids' favorite juices or even yogurt. Or for something savory, I sometimes prep and shape pizza dough into little pocket pizzas, freeze them, and then cook them straight from frozen - a super quick and easy meal that's a hit with my kids!

What are everyone else's go-to snacks to prep and freeze for later?

• Love
Reactions: koala
Some great ideas you've shared here!

I often make large batches of smoothies, portion them into cups, and freeze them. Defrosting them makes for a quick, healthy snack my kids love - plus it feels like an ice cream treat too which is always a win. I'll also sometimes blend in some secret veggies that the kids don't see!

I've also had success with freezable breakfast options - eggy wraps and savory muffins are a hit in our house and great for those rushed mornings. Just grab, defrost , and go!

Genius! I love the idea of freezing smoothies - especially sneaking some extra veggies in there. And the concept of a hassle-free morning meal is very appealing. Might have to give those savoury muffins a go! Do you have a favourite recipe?

I've got a few go-to savoury muffin recipes, but my absolute favourite has got to be the cheese and chive one - they're a hit with the whole family!
Give it a boost of nutrients by adding some puréed pumpkin or spinach too. It's a great way to get some extra veggies in there without anyone knowing!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Muffins are a great snack, and it's an excellent idea to sneak in some pureed vegetables to boost their nutritional value! Would you share your recipe with us? I'd love to try baking these cheesy delights and see if my tot approves!

Sure, I'd be happy to share my recipe for these tasty treats!

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour

2 tsp baking powder

½ tsp salt

3 large carrots, zucchini or spunash

1 cup of milk

¼ cup of oil

2 eggs

¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.

3. Steam or boil your chosen vegetable until tender, then puree it. You'll need about ½ cup of puree for this recipe.

4. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, oil, eggs, and vegetable puree.

5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.

6. Fold in the cheese.

7. Spoon the batter into muffin tins lined with paper cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Let me know if you and your little one enjoy them! These cheesy veggie muffins are a hit with my kid, and I hope they become a favorite in your house too.

These look delicious and a great way to sneak some veggies into a fussy eater's diet! Can't wait to try them, might add some crumbled bacon too because why not?!

Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Bacon is an excellent source of protein and a great way to tempt fussy eaters. Go for it and enjoy! You're most welcome - happy cooking and enjoying! 😋🍽️

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Bacon is definitely a win-win food - so versatile too, there's so many ways to enjoy it!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
I couldn’t agree more! Bacon is an absolute crowd pleaser and goes with just about anything. You’ve reminded me I have some hidden away in the freezer - time to defrost some for dinner tonight!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Bacon makes everything better - it's a great go-to option and a crowd pleaser Enjoy your dinner, sounds like it'll be delicious!

60-best-bacon-dinner-recipes-800x1200.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu