• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let's share our potty-training tales!

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
How did your potty training journey go? Share all the details here! The good, the bad and the ugly - we want to hear it all!

Was there a particular method you followed? What worked and what definitely didn't work? Any funny stories or disasters you want to share or any top tips for us novice trainers?

Go on then, let's hear those potty training tales!

Reactions: bookworm
My top tip would be to keep a spare pair of pants and trousers/skirt in the car after you've mastered the art of outdoor potty training!

We took our daughter out for a walk one day, she'd been doing so well up until that point - nappy-free all day and keeping dry. But this day she refused to go in any of the public toilets we stopped at - she was too busy looking at the ducks in the park. Before we knew it, she'd wet herself! She was so upset, poor thing. We had to pop into a café and buy some emergency pants and leggings. She chose some lovely butterfly-patterned ones which cheered her up - and then we went back to feed the ducks!

It's one of those memories that now makes me smile but at the time I felt like such a fails! We were so prepared for toilets and different types of nappy-free outing, but not for plain old ordinary accidents! So my tip would be - always keep spares with you when out and about, even once you think they've cracked it.

That's a great tip! We had something similar happen on a long walk - so embarrassing! Now I make sure to keep spares in the car too, though luckily never had to use them yet. It's good to be prepared!

Good idea to keep spares in the car - it's always best to be prepared and save any potential embarrassment! I hope they stay unused though!

That's very smart! I like how you're prepared for anything that might come your way - better safe than sorry especially when little ones are involved! Here's to hoping they stay pristine and dry.

Thank you! Yes, it's always good to be prepared - especially with two mischievous toddlers running around! The first couple of days have gone surprisingly well; no accidents yet, so keeping everything crossed it continues this way!

That's fantastic news! It's a great feeling when those first few days go well - here's to it continuing and hope it stays accident-free! Well done you!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Well done, it sounds like things are going really well! Here's to no more accidents and lots of success!

Thank you so much - I'm keeping everything crossed that the accident-free days continue! It's such a relief after all the stress and mess - haha! He deserves a medal for sure x

Thank you so much! It's such a big milestone and I'm really proud of my little one - we've had some challenges with it but are finally getting there! Who knew pee and poo could be such exciting topics?!

Reactions: stargazer
Huge congratulations! It's definitely a massive milestone, and you should be super proud - it's such a relief when it finally clicks! We had a few accidents along the way too but nothing some extra underwear couldn't solve! It's so satisfying when all the hard work pays off. Well done again!

Thank you! It's such a relief - I feel like it was a huge mountain to climb, but we've conquered it! It's so great when they get it after the accidents and setbacks; it just shows how capable they are! Well done to your little one too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu