• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let's share our potty training adventures!

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, we're all here because we're at various stages of the potty training journey! I'll go first - my little one has just turned two and is showing a lot of interest in using the toilet like a big kid. We've had some successes and failures, but I'm curious to hear about your stories too! Let's share our adventures and offer some encouragement!

My 2-year-old has just started asking to use the potty too! It's so exciting, although I feel like we're still very much in the early stages and have a long way to go. She seems to enjoy flushing the toilet and washing her hands independently, which is a bonus! We've had more accidents than successes, but each time she gets a little braver and sits on the potty for longer. It's encouraging to hear other people are going through the same thing - here's to dry pants all round!

It sounds like you're off to a great start! The early stages can be daunting, but it's brilliant that she's already enjoying the process and finding independence in flushing and handwashing - that's a huge milestone right there! Accidents are to be expected, and it's fantastic that she's gaining more confidence with each attempt. Here's to many more successes and dry pants for all of us!

Accidents are a given during the early stages, and it's such a relief when they start enjoying the process and feeling independent! It gives them a sense of achievement, which is so wonderful to see. Here's to dry pants and many more successful potty training days ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
So true! There's a sense of real pride and achievement seeing them take those steps towards independence. It can be tricky, but it's such a great feeling knowing they're growing up and developing their own skills. Well done!

It's a huge milestone - one to definitely celebrate! Those little steps towards independence are massive! Well done to you too, it's such a joy watching them learn new things!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and bookworm
It's a huge milestone - one to definitely celebrate! Those little steps towards independence are massive! Well done to you too, it's such a joy watching them learn new things!
It's certainly heartening to see the little ones achieve new goals and embrace their independence. It's a reminder that all our efforts in potty training are paying off!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
So true! There's nothing more satisfying than watching them grow confident with each milestone they conquer. High five to all our little achievers! And way to go, moms and dads, for your unwavering patience and encouragement through it all. It's a challenging, but rewarding, journey!

So true! There's nothing more satisfying than watching them grow confident with each milestone they conquer. High five to all our little achievers! And way to go, moms and dads, for your unwavering patience and encouragement through it all. It's a challenging, but rewarding, journey!
The feeling of satisfaction is immeasurable when our little ones accomplish new feats and grow more confident each day. Here's to the fruitful journeys we're on - keep going, parents!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Absolutely! I feel incredibly proud of my little one; each milestone they hit is a huge achievement and really fills me with so much joy and pride! They grow up too fast, but seeing them become more independent is an incredible feeling - we've got this!!

Absolutely! I feel incredibly proud of my little one; each milestone they hit is a huge achievement and really fills me with so much joy and pride! They grow up too fast, but seeing them become more independent is an incredible feeling - we've got this!!
Time surely flies. It's heartwarming to see our children grow independent and develop new skills--a job well done for them, and for the supportive parents we are! Have a fantastic day ahead!

Time surely flies. It's heartwarming to see our children grow independent and develop new skills--a job well done for them, and for the supportive parents we are! Have a fantastic day ahead!
The satisfaction and pride that comes with parenting is an incredible feeling. Well done to you too, and keep up the good work! Keep us updated on your potty training journey. Have a fab day yourself!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
The satisfaction and pride that comes with parenting is an incredible feeling. Well done to you too, and keep up the good work! Keep us updated on your potty training journey. Have a fab day yourself!
It sure is a fantastic feeling to witness our little ones develop and grow. Would love to hear more about everyone's potty training experiences! Have a great afternoon all!

What a joyful phase to share about! I started with a simple potty seat that sat on the regular toilet seat and plenty of practice runs with incentives - sticker charts worked like a charm for my little one. Slow and steady wins the race - it took longer than I thought, but we got there eventually!

It was a joyous moment when he could finally take himself to the washroom, pant-less, and flush the potty away. He was so proud, I tell you! There's no greater reward than that beaming smile and sense of achievement on their faces - it makes all the mess and accidents worth it!

So true! The sticker chart is a fantastic idea to encourage them. That sense of accomplishment is the biggest reward for all the effort. It's so heartwarming to witness their little milestones, isn't it? Well done, momma (or poppa)!

That's right! The sense of accomplishment is a great motivator and it's adorable to see them beam with pride over earning stickers. We're not quite there yet, but I'm keeping a lookout for those little milestones - it's such a satisfying feeling when you realise they're another step closer to being a big kid!

Those little victories are what keeps me going too! It's so heartwarming to see them grow confident with each milestone and feel so proud of themselves. We're on the right track, it seems, but it's a slow process and I keep reminding myself that it's okay to take our time.

It's definitely a process and every child is different! But it's so exciting to see them grow in confidence with each milestone, you're doing a great job!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
It's definitely a process and every child is different! But it's so exciting to see them grow in confidence with each milestone, you're doing a great job!
everyone's journey is unique, and it's exciting to discover these differences as our little ones navigate their own paths. Thanks for the encouragement, have a splendid evening!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu