• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let's hear those success stories!

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your successes, big and small! We're here to celebrate each other's wins, so bring your victorious tales and let us cheer you on! Whether it's that new promotion you've been working towards, finally finding a great work-life balance or even taking that first brave step towards a new career path—we want to hear about it. Share the details, how you did it, and what's next for you. Let's fill this thread with positive vibes and inspiration!

Reactions: bananarama
I've been feeling really grateful lately because I finally landed a job after being unemployed for almost a year!

The whole experience left me pretty shaken and at some points, very depressed. But I kept applying and never gave up hope, did some freelancing on the side to stay afloat and keep my skills relevant.

It's been a real journey of self-discovery too - I realised I really missed teaching, so I'm looking into part-time options to explore that further while I'm gaining loads of valuable experience at my new full-time gig!

I recently started a new job which has been such a great opportunity so far! I’m learning lots in this new role and it’s a really welcoming environment, especially encouraging towards us newcomers.

My previous job was pretty toxic and stressful so it's a nice change to be somewhere that genuinely wants to help their employees grow. I think I'm really gonna enjoy the work and the team. Hoping this good run continues!

I've been meaning to share one that happened recently! Finally gathered the courage to talk to my boss about a pay raise after months of working overtime secretly, going above and beyond, and taking on additional responsibilities without complaint .

Turns out the BOSS has noticed my efforts and agreed straightaway - even offered a slightly higher amount than what I had in mind! What a relief and a boost to my finances, man. Really happy with how it all turned out, you know?

So inspiring to see this thread! My personal victory is finally taking the leap to quit my day job and pursue my passion full-time. It's scary but exciting! I've been saving up and planning for this moment, and now it's time to dive into the world of freelance design. Wish me luck, homies!

I've been meaning to share a win of mine which seems relevant to this thread!

After months of trying to grow my side hustle into something more profitable, I finally bit the bullet and sought advice from an established player in the industry. Best decision ever - their insights helped me streamline my process, identify areas I was wasting time on, and gave me a solid action plan.

Within weeks, my side gig started bringing in some proper income, enough to justify scaling it up! Turned out my attempts at going at it alone weren't in vain; the failures helped me figure out where I needed expert help.

Feeling pretty stoked about this new development, and also relieved that all the hard work wasn't for nothing! Time to keep pushing, now with renewed focus and energy.

My latest success is getting back into exercise after a long break! I've been feeling so lazy and unmotivated to move during the rainy season but I knew I'd feel so much better if I did. So I started with small, quick 30-minute walks every morning to ease myself back into a fitness routine. Now I'm feeling great and love how my body feels after some movement! I plan to slowly increase my workout time and intensity too - gotta work up a good sweat haha!

Reactions: bubblyfish
My latest success is getting back into exercise after a long break! I've been feeling so lazy and unmotivated to move during the rainy season but I knew I'd feel so much better if I did. So I started with small, quick 30-minute walks every morning to ease myself back into a fitness routine. Now I'm feeling great and love how my body feels after some movement! I plan to slowly increase my workout time and intensity too - gotta work up a good sweat haha!
I also totes need to get back into exercise after a super long hiatus. My body has been feeling so stiff and lazy lately - time to take inspiration from you and start moving again! Slow and steady wins the race, right? We can do it!

I also totes need to get back into exercise after a super long hiatus. My body has been feeling so stiff and lazy lately - time to take inspiration from you and start moving again! Slow and steady wins the race, right? We can do it!
It's definitely slow and steady for me too - can't push ourselves too hard too quickly and risk injury or burnout! I'm glad you're joining me in this fitness journey, let's keep each other motivated and share tips along the way. We've got this!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu